George Lucas rumored to be erasing original trilogy (and he should).

loudent

Lol believe the man that came up with it or another book or a web site. Dont you think to do the research in this book that they talked to lucas to find out how it began, because only he knows what he originally wrote. Otherwise how else did they find out. You believe way to much of what you read on the internet and in books actually written by other people. Just like we all do, just because you read it dont make it fact because there have been many books on the subject. Anyway Im done with this debate because you will never admitt that you dont have all the facts and are wrong at times to. LOL

You know what? Instead of loling yourself into stupidity, try actually reading the book, which cites direct quotes from Lucas himself. It is a known fact that Lucas has contradicted himself repeatedly over the years, and changed the story of how Star Wars came to be repeatedly. It pulls quotes by Lucas in the 1970s and compares them to quotes by Lucas in the present, and shows how fundamentally different they are.

I'm doing my best to keep a civil tongue at this point, cuz clearly you've drank far too much Kool-Aid to accept that Lucas, like any other human being, could be fallible. Either do some research with an open mind and the possibility that Lucas has changed his tune over the years, or feel free to sit in ignorance of historic, documented truth.

This was your awnser to my original qeustion. I could list to you the reasons 1-3 are bad, but I'm sure you've heard them all before, and I suspect you're asking a leading question just so you can start refuting opinions.

Notice you used the word you alot meaning me, but yet it was not directed toward me but to stave others, funny.

I still don't understand why you're getting all pissy over this. Yes, I made that statement. Then you responded that you were genuinely curious why people don't like 1-3. So I accepted that I may have been wrong, and you were asking a genuine question. Therefore, I gave you a civilized, cogent explanation of why I don't like 1-3, like you asked for (and I caveated that it was opinion-based, and therefore anyone that tries to tell my why my opinion is wrong is just being silly).

Edited by PeepsMcJuggs

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's not. It's a cell in someones body. If you can take a blood test to test your levels, then it's Physical. And NOT the force. The force is an energy field. A mystical energy field. It has nothing to with Science. Star Wars is Science Fantasy, not science fiction in the sense that Star Trek is. I think you must just be trolling now.

Energy is physical

Energy is the core of physics

E=mc2

For the record, I see midichlorians as a microbe that can be used as a force marker. It subsists off the force and as such is found in higher concentrations in those strong in the force.

Edited by KremlinKOA

You know what? Instead of loling yourself into stupidity, try actually reading the book, which cites direct quotes from Lucas himself. It is a known fact that Lucas has contradicted himself repeatedly over the years, and changed the story of how Star Wars came to be repeatedly. It pulls quotes by Lucas in the 1970s and compares them to quotes by Lucas in the present, and shows how fundamentally different they are.

I'm doing my best to keep a civil tongue at this point, cuz clearly you've drank far too much Kool-Aid to accept that Lucas, like any other human being, could be fallible. Either do some research with an open mind and the possibility that Lucas has changed his tune over the years, or feel free to sit in ignorance of historic, documented truth.

I never said he was perfect, and its fine the book was written with qoutes from him. You can find qoutes written every where and some may be qoutes from him some not. I can write a quote for you now and say it is from him. I geuss its not possible for someone who writes a book to be fallible.

Your resorting to name calling and you say im being stupid and ignorant. Childish, does it really matter so much that you have to get that angry.

On the subject of the other qeustion, you cant change what you wrote first and you assumed I was asking so I could tell you you have no right to have a opinion. Everyone deserves the right to a opinion .Was just asking a qeustion all you had to do was awnser that qeustion. Instead you made an assumption about why I was asking.

I never said he was perfect, and its fine the book was written with qoutes from him. You can find qoutes written every where and some may be qoutes from him some not. I can write a quote for you now and say it is from him. I geuss its not possible for someone who writes a book to be fallible.

Your resorting to name calling and you say im being stupid and ignorant. Childish, does it really matter so much that you have to get that angry.

On the subject of the other qeustion, you cant change what you wrote first and you assumed I was asking so I could tell you you have no right to have a opinion. Everyone deserves the right to a opinion .Was just asking a qeustion all you had to do was awnser that qeustion. Instead you made an assumption about why I was asking.

So you never actually read the book. Your credibility is decreasing by the second.

When it comes down to it George Lucas owns the IP. He can erase the original story all the way back to the begining to reboot the franchise and do six whole new movies if he wants to. Who am I to argue? He is a billion dollar idea man. I am just someone that paid to see his films and read the messy EU books.

He might do it to strike at the world. He might do it because he wants to meet some new artistic vision or clean up the deacades worth of accumulated mess currently called continuity. Maybe its a money thing or some combination of it all. It doesn't matter.

What he can't do is kill the childhood dreams and story that resulted from his work back then. Regardless of if I buy into any new material. I guess, somewhere along the way in me it became my story rather than his and I can do with it what I want to, too. lol.

So you never actually read the book. Your credibility is decreasing by the second

Just dont care anymore not that important. Just a pointless argument. I should have never even posted in the first place. I could have just let it go.

You really don't get it. I mean you fundamentally don't understand. Every direct quote the author uses is cited and referenced, because if an author uses direct quotes that a person did not actually say, then they can be immediately sued for libel, and no publisher would touch that book with a ten-foot pole. Bottom line: you can't publish a false quote and claim it's from him. It's illegal.

It's ironic you'd call me childish then follow up with this. I admitted I was mistaken and answered your question. The mature thing to do would be to acknowledge that and stop carrying on about it.

When it comes down to it George Lucas owns the IP. He can erase the original story all the way back to the begining to reboot the franchise and do six whole new movies if he wants to. Who am I to argue? He is a billion dollar idea man. I am just someone that paid to see his films and read the messy EU books.

He might do it to strike at the world. He might do it because he wants to meet some new artistic vision or clean up the deacades worth of accumulated mess currently called continuity. Maybe its a money thing or some combination of it all. It doesn't matter.

What he can't do is kill the childhood dreams and story that resulted from his work back then. Regardless of if I buy into any new material. I guess, somewhere along the way in me it became my story rather than his and I can do with it what I want to, too. lol.

I agree with you on this. My key frustration has been his refusal to allow remastering and distribution of the original films, especially considering professional film historians have offered to do it for free to prevent loss of a core piece of cinematic history.

Edited by PeepsMcJuggs

there's an interesting article over a rumor that George Lucas intends to undo the events in the original trilogy and that he should).

The idaa is that some bounty hunters develop time traveling technology and go back and prevent anakin from becoming Darth Vader. I'm assuming this also prevents Palpatine's plans to come to fruition.

Read more here:

How George Lucas May Erase "Star Wars"

I say do it.

Kill star wars.