Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

George Lucas rumored to be erasing original trilogy (and he should).

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
George Lucas rumored to be erasing original trilogy (and he should).

Talleyrand's Avatar


Talleyrand
02.05.2012 , 12:13 PM | #171
GL is a joke. He has little to do with SW to this day. The fans of SW are built around the EU.
Shadow Hand~~Brotherhood of Chaos

Hail Bane!

Gantoris_Aym's Avatar


Gantoris_Aym
02.05.2012 , 02:18 PM | #172
if this crap happens. Star Wars is dead to me.

Charell's Avatar


Charell
02.05.2012 , 02:57 PM | #173
It'll be like zelda. Multiple timelines!
Jedi Covenent: The Sohn Legacy
Charell SW, Dareo BH , Elleona SI Raliceh JC, Ellensohn RT, Le'pold SM
The Fatman: Coolestjediever JK Ebon Hawk: IA

Gantoris_Aym's Avatar


Gantoris_Aym
02.05.2012 , 03:01 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Charell View Post
It'll be like zelda. Multiple timelines!
except ZELDA is AWESOME. i'm playing skyward sword, and it's so nostalgic of how i felt when i played Ocarina of time.

acsith's Avatar


acsith
02.05.2012 , 06:29 PM | #175
Quote:
The problem with citing George Lucas on the subject of George Lucas is Lucas is the most contradictory source out there. He has changed his story on how Star Wars came to be and what his "original vision" was countless times over the years. If you want a detailed source that has thoroughly researched the actual development, and better understand what I'm saying about the perpetuated myth of Lucas' grand vision, check out The Secret History of Star Wars. You can read the first 100 pages from that link for free.

Lol believe the man that came up with it or another book or a web site. Dont you think to do the research in this book that they talked to lucas to find out how it began, because only he knows what he originally wrote. Otherwise how else did they find out. You believe way to much of what you read on the internet and in books actually written by other people. Just like we all do, just because you read it dont make it fact because there have been many books on the subject. Anyway Im done with this debate because you will never admitt that you dont have all the facts and are wrong at times to. LOL


Quote:
Okay, you've completely lost me. You replied that you were genuinely asking why people disliked the prequels, so I decided to tell you why I dislike them. My comment about criticizing opinions wasn't direct specifically at you, but to stave off those that would try to argue why my opinion that the prequels are bad is "wrong."
This was your awnser to my original qeustion. I could list to you the reasons 1-3 are bad, but I'm sure you've heard them all before, and I suspect you're asking a leading question just so you can start refuting opinions.

Notice you used the word you alot meaning me, but yet it was not directed toward me but to stave others, funny.

PeepsMcJuggs's Avatar


PeepsMcJuggs
02.05.2012 , 07:41 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by acsith View Post
Lol believe the man that came up with it or another book or a web site. Dont you think to do the research in this book that they talked to lucas to find out how it began, because only he knows what he originally wrote. Otherwise how else did they find out. You believe way to much of what you read on the internet and in books actually written by other people. Just like we all do, just because you read it dont make it fact because there have been many books on the subject. Anyway Im done with this debate because you will never admitt that you dont have all the facts and are wrong at times to. LOL
You know what? Instead of loling yourself into stupidity, try actually reading the book, which cites direct quotes from Lucas himself. It is a known fact that Lucas has contradicted himself repeatedly over the years, and changed the story of how Star Wars came to be repeatedly. It pulls quotes by Lucas in the 1970s and compares them to quotes by Lucas in the present, and shows how fundamentally different they are.

I'm doing my best to keep a civil tongue at this point, cuz clearly you've drank far too much Kool-Aid to accept that Lucas, like any other human being, could be fallible. Either do some research with an open mind and the possibility that Lucas has changed his tune over the years, or feel free to sit in ignorance of historic, documented truth.

Quote: Originally Posted by acsith View Post
This was your awnser to my original qeustion. I could list to you the reasons 1-3 are bad, but I'm sure you've heard them all before, and I suspect you're asking a leading question just so you can start refuting opinions.

Notice you used the word you alot meaning me, but yet it was not directed toward me but to stave others, funny.
I still don't understand why you're getting all pissy over this. Yes, I made that statement. Then you responded that you were genuinely curious why people don't like 1-3. So I accepted that I may have been wrong, and you were asking a genuine question. Therefore, I gave you a civilized, cogent explanation of why I don't like 1-3, like you asked for (and I caveated that it was opinion-based, and therefore anyone that tries to tell my why my opinion is wrong is just being silly).
"Making the internet a happier place, one infraction at a time."

Hanscholo's Avatar


Hanscholo
02.05.2012 , 08:12 PM | #177
lol hillarious.

KremlinKOA's Avatar


KremlinKOA
02.05.2012 , 08:27 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by Tinasa View Post
No it's not. It's a cell in someones body. If you can take a blood test to test your levels, then it's Physical. And NOT the force. The force is an energy field. A mystical energy field. It has nothing to with Science. Star Wars is Science Fantasy, not science fiction in the sense that Star Trek is. I think you must just be trolling now.
Energy is physical
Energy is the core of physics
E=mc2

For the record, I see midichlorians as a microbe that can be used as a force marker. It subsists off the force and as such is found in higher concentrations in those strong in the force.
21st of July 2011: the day Bioware earned my enmity
1st of March 2012: The day they atoned, and won back my good graces.

acsith's Avatar


acsith
02.05.2012 , 11:02 PM | #179
Quote:
You know what? Instead of loling yourself into stupidity, try actually reading the book, which cites direct quotes from Lucas himself. It is a known fact that Lucas has contradicted himself repeatedly over the years, and changed the story of how Star Wars came to be repeatedly. It pulls quotes by Lucas in the 1970s and compares them to quotes by Lucas in the present, and shows how fundamentally different they are.

I'm doing my best to keep a civil tongue at this point, cuz clearly you've drank far too much Kool-Aid to accept that Lucas, like any other human being, could be fallible. Either do some research with an open mind and the possibility that Lucas has changed his tune over the years, or feel free to sit in ignorance of historic, documented truth.


I never said he was perfect, and its fine the book was written with qoutes from him. You can find qoutes written every where and some may be qoutes from him some not. I can write a quote for you now and say it is from him. I geuss its not possible for someone who writes a book to be fallible.

Your resorting to name calling and you say im being stupid and ignorant. Childish, does it really matter so much that you have to get that angry.

On the subject of the other qeustion, you cant change what you wrote first and you assumed I was asking so I could tell you you have no right to have a opinion. Everyone deserves the right to a opinion .Was just asking a qeustion all you had to do was awnser that qeustion. Instead you made an assumption about why I was asking.

RagnarokJC's Avatar


RagnarokJC
02.05.2012 , 11:18 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by acsith View Post
I never said he was perfect, and its fine the book was written with qoutes from him. You can find qoutes written every where and some may be qoutes from him some not. I can write a quote for you now and say it is from him. I geuss its not possible for someone who writes a book to be fallible.

Your resorting to name calling and you say im being stupid and ignorant. Childish, does it really matter so much that you have to get that angry.

On the subject of the other qeustion, you cant change what you wrote first and you assumed I was asking so I could tell you you have no right to have a opinion. Everyone deserves the right to a opinion .Was just asking a qeustion all you had to do was awnser that qeustion. Instead you made an assumption about why I was asking.
So you never actually read the book. Your credibility is decreasing by the second.
"Consider it a health timer. Go outside and run until the timer expires, fatty."
- Darthjazzyjeff