Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Raiding Problems: A Raiding Guild Leader's Take

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Raiding Problems: A Raiding Guild Leader's Take

wifeaggro's Avatar


wifeaggro
02.05.2012 , 02:18 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashane View Post
To be honest, I'm shocked anyone came over thinking this game was going to be "difficult".

It was pretty clear from the interviews with the dev's that this game was aimed at the casual market. That it was intended to be played by a significant portion who had never played a MMO before.

They could have taken WoW's direction, release it hard, nerf it later.. and they still might, but at launch you want those casuals to feel comfortable raiding.

Trust me, its a huge issue for some people even moving out of a glowing red circle on the floor. Sad I know, but it is.

TL/DR Wailt till they release the next set of Op's and see if difficulty is up. If it is, then its following the WoW model. Rejoice.
I completely disagree , i think it comes down to just a lack of expierence in content devolpment for MMO's . they have good single player expierence but FP's and end game are very very rudimentary, copared to a game like RIft launch that was ver ychallenging for a moderate, semi challening for the hard core and very challenging for the casual. its since been dumbed down . But the mechanics are there, with very litte enrage timers too wipe groups.
I

forsitel's Avatar


forsitel
02.05.2012 , 02:22 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by chton View Post
Is this about WoW or SWTOR.. oh nevermind it's about someone telling everyone how uber he is.
I'm not telling you how uber I am. If you truly think that is the point of this post that I'm sorry I came off like that. Its just not the case.
Guild Leader of the Ooting Thornberries

forsitel's Avatar


forsitel
02.05.2012 , 02:49 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Merraith View Post
The TOR ops content is very easy for veteran raiders, but the Wrath version of Naxx was probably the easiest raiding I've ever seen. Considering many people had done it the first time around and the mechanics were pretty much the exact same only easier with some stuff removed entirely from the fights...you had people walking in in blue gear and clearing it with zero issues. You're not walking into nightmare and clearing 10/10 in fresh 50 gear or sub 50 flashpoint loot.

It was far more pathetic to call that version of the zone "Naxx" still than it is to call the fights in the first tier of raiding in all of TOR "raid encounters".
Maybe if you just did the fights but there were achievements out there to make it challenging for the hardcore raiders. For instance you have the immortal and the undying. There were also protodrakes not available to the casuals because they likely couldn't do the achievement requisites.
Guild Leader of the Ooting Thornberries

Merraith's Avatar


Merraith
02.05.2012 , 02:52 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by forsitel View Post
Maybe if you just did the fights but there were achievements out there to make it challenging for the hardcore raiders. For instance you have the immortal and the undying. There were also protodrakes not available to the casuals because they likely couldn't do the achievement requisites.
Which aside from the Immortal or the Undying which could be ruined by one idiot in your raid, were mostly trivial very quickly. TOR has titles for completing Nightmare EV and KP within a certain time limit if people need a carrot to try for.

forsitel's Avatar


forsitel
02.05.2012 , 02:55 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Merraith View Post
Which aside from the Immortal or the Undying which could be ruined by one idiot in your raid, were mostly trivial very quickly. TOR has titles for completing Nightmare EV and KP within a certain time limit if people need a carrot to try for.
Unfortunately its not much of a carrot to try for when you accomplish this without meaning to :/.
Guild Leader of the Ooting Thornberries

Merraith's Avatar


Merraith
02.05.2012 , 02:57 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by forsitel View Post
Unfortunately its not much of a carrot to try for when you accomplish this without meaning to :/.
Which happened quite a bit with those "Naxx" achieves as well

Ashane's Avatar


Ashane
02.05.2012 , 04:44 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by wifeaggro View Post
I completely disagree , i think it comes down to just a lack of expierence in content devolpment for MMO's . they have good single player expierence but FP's and end game are very very rudimentary, copared to a game like RIft launch that was ver ychallenging for a moderate, semi challening for the hard core and very challenging for the casual. its since been dumbed down . But the mechanics are there, with very litte enrage timers too wipe groups.
Well, so far every MMO that tries to please Raiders has since changed its tune, most likely due to the lost subs, but who knows.

Bioware has clearly taken a certain stance. The game has the highest retention rate of any MMO in history in its first month. Highest sales of any MMO in its first month, etc.

It's clearly doing extremely well, so if your hoping for a huge 180 in design philosophy, your going to be disappointed.
Ashane | Flameborne

PvP Video's: Aion CBT Aion OB

Myzzrim's Avatar


Myzzrim
02.05.2012 , 06:13 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by forsitel View Post

On December 13th 2011 I started my SWTOR experience and by December 15th 2011 I was the first lvl 50 on my server.
Funny, your guild's hp says you hit 50 on the 17th. Stopped taking you seriously after that sentence.
Seeing how lie about that and brag about wotlk naxx server first(really? naxx? ) I don't believe you ever raided real progress.

Also you raid 8man AND not even nightmare difficulty, how can you tell anything about the endgame lacking difficulty when your progress is so far behind?
Even Pugs can clear EV and KP on hardmode.
Gather some more players, raid 16 man nightmare,then you can complain about too easy encounters.

I'm not saying the content is very challenging for a top guild,but for the first tier it's ok.(though the many bugs were annoying)
But please if you are not among the guilds that rushed through the content don't cry on this forums about something you haven't achieved yet to be to easy.

Jiav's Avatar


Jiav
02.05.2012 , 06:42 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashane View Post
Well, so far every MMO that tries to please Raiders has since changed its tune, most likely due to the lost subs, but who knows.

Bioware has clearly taken a certain stance. The game has the highest retention rate of any MMO in history in its first month. Highest sales of any MMO in its first month, etc.

It's clearly doing extremely well, so if your hoping for a huge 180 in design philosophy, your going to be disappointed.
I bet GW2 will even have a higher retention, problem is just that tons of people are already and will most likely quit, swtor just shows that players are desperate. They want a serious alternative of wow. Swtor delivers an awesome SINGLE player experience up to 50, worth the buy, atleast for me.

After that i am sorry, but wow is superior in every aspect, since all bioware did is basically copying gameplay from wow and add a voice to quests, THATS all. There is no innovation in swtor.

Even rift did better in my opinion. Less buggy raid encounters, hard instances, ok raids. And a more stable pvp grind. Not to mention they got a combat log, macros, ui functions [..]

Lithy's Avatar


Lithy
02.05.2012 , 07:04 PM | #30
All I can say is while not very difficult, the mechanic idea in some of the post launch release content is not bad. Not great but not bad. It really feels to me like they planned to start our easy to get everyone then add harder and harder content.

I would like to see nightmare available on 4 person FPs however.