Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error Code 9000 - Connection to the server has been lost...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Error Code 9000 - Connection to the server has been lost...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SchizoDelight
12.15.2011 , 02:57 AM | #71
I was hoping my problem would fizzle out like it seems some people's has, but still after hours it coninues to happen.

Waiting patiently for some sort of fix, hopefully soon....
"Honor is a fool's prize; Glory is of no use to the dead."

Afawilat
12.15.2011 , 03:05 AM | #72
I dont expect an immediate fix... as it will take time to find the problem. but I am a little angry that I am currently unable to play. Great game though and BW did do a good job. I just would really appreciate this problem being fixed hehe.

iMLychian
12.15.2011 , 03:29 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by N5-L1 View Post
Greeting All,

If you are still getting Error 9000 or Error 2005, can you confirm what server you are connecting to?
I get this error constantly now.
"I'm playing on Luka sene"

Heggis
12.15.2011 , 03:50 AM | #74
On a other post ppl have gotten error 1003 and when i look on the picture that is in this post you guys stop at the same point as the once whit error 1003.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1591

Here are some of the troubleshooting steps

1. running the launcher in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 / Vista service pack 2 as an administrator.

2. Reset your router to fabric settings. / set your firewall settings to low.

3. Open your Ports router/ firewall
The port numbers that are required are 8995, 12000-12999 and 20000-30000 (TCP).

Hope it helps
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

lastchaplain
12.15.2011 , 03:55 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Gesler View Post
I have managed to fix my issue, I hope anyway - no error messages for last few hours.

I cannot be sure, but it is looking like the Network Interface Card I was using could have been the cause of the issue.

After getting a bit peeved with this issue I decided to test/replace every bit of kit I could - this includes:

3 x CPU's (2 x e3300 and 1 x Phenom II x2)
4 x Motherboards (1 x Gigabyte, 1 x ASUS and 2 x Biostar)
2 x PSU (OCZ and Corsair)
4 x 2GB RAM (Differing brands, but all DDR2/800MHZ)
3 x GPU (2 x 6770 and 1 x 9400GT)
2 x Routers (1 x Belkin Wireless and 1 x Netgear Wired only)

I have tried all of the above in differing combinations and the only time I could produce the error is when I was using either of the Biostar boards (both the same model and both have the same NIC).

Each time I installed either the Gigabyte or Asus board, I had no issues what so ever, even after trying differing combinations a second time just to be sure.

Also I have updated the drivers for each piece of kit and also tried earlier versions of the drivers - but still it seems to point to the Biostar boards.

I cannot confirm this or if it will help other people, but it does seem to have resolved my issues.
I have a Gigabyte board and have this problem. Posting here again cause I got the d/ced again.
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell.

Afawilat
12.15.2011 , 04:17 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by lastchaplain View Post
Posting here again cause I got the d/ced again.
If I did that this thread would have another 10 pages. But it is good to see im not alone...or is that not good? Regardless hopefully BW accepts it isnt neceassarily our fault and it may be on their end.

Greekguy
12.15.2011 , 04:25 AM | #77
Played all day yesterday and all day today, but then during the last 2 hours of my session today this started happening. I get about 2 secs of lag and then the game instantly boots me back to the server list with an error 9000.

Does anything else disconnect with you guys as well? For instance, I'm in vent and that dc's for like 2 secs as well right when I get 9000'd and then connects back almost instantly.

It's as though my Internet drops for like 5 secs, but just enough to kick me out of everything.i should add that this happens pretty much every 10 minutes on the dot.

Server: Mandalore the Indominatable
Official Pasta and Pizza Manager of:
Oculus of Nex

Nnekk
12.15.2011 , 04:34 AM | #78
after being booted out with both errors, I waited about 30 minutes, and then I logged in just fine. Played for 2 hours, then logged out for sleepy time.

seems like a server problem

problem might come back, might not... /shrug

great game so far, looks amazing!

lastchaplain
12.15.2011 , 04:35 AM | #79
Its not that I post everytime I d/c. Its more like I check the forum everytime I d/c and post out of frustration.

Yeah, sometimes Steam with disconnect for me as well.
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell.

Sardoni
12.15.2011 , 05:44 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Afawilat View Post
If I did that this thread would have another 10 pages. But it is good to see im not alone...or is that not good? Regardless hopefully BW accepts it isnt neceassarily our fault and it may be on their end.
I post semi-frequently but this problem has deterred me from grouping with anyone and rolling and DPS toon as relying on a healer who gets random disconnects is folly on top of having the chance to DC out of a warzone at a critical moment.

=(
Been around the MMO Block...
Sardoni