Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biochem as a healer?

Sauzer
12.14.2011 , 05:39 PM | #1
I'm planning to go Sith Sorcerer healer. At first I was all "Biochem, diplomacy all the way!" "Stims and medpack for free, lost of LS/DS ftw!"

But now I'm starting to wonder would there even be any point in biochem as a healer. Medpacks hardly usefull since heals a plenty, so main use would be stimpacks and such for will/endurance.

But how viable would be Artifice? I mean unlike biochem where you pump stims and medpacks like mad, you create a crystal or mod maybe once every couple levels and that's it. Wouldn't it be a bother to level up artifice and having to create same crystals over and over, just to vendor them?

Not to mention Inquisitor has Khem Val who's sporting +15 in artifice and a Healer's companion healer has both treasure hunting and archaeology so will be more than happy leaving him with missions.. Kinda torn at this moment.

mmsock
12.14.2011 , 05:56 PM | #2
I'm curious about this issue as well. I'm always a healer in games, Sage here. In WoW, I'm a discipline priest with alchemy/herbalism, and always had a supply of potions to dispense for various situations. My question is how diverse and necessary are the Biochem products in game? Are they important and needed enough that keeping them handy for others is worth the effort?

Hardsteel
12.14.2011 , 06:06 PM | #3
Look at this way, depending on your class healer, while your healing your self, how much force or energy will you have left to use for fighting, also take in account you can make aid stim like boost stats stuff, bio is a good one depending on your like, I look at this way if im ina end game raid and im taking damg i would rather medpack myself then waste energy r force power on myself when it can be used for main heals are a few damg here and there .

zippermikey
12.14.2011 , 06:11 PM | #4
Plus remember that you can make implants with the skill as well.
Yoopers play TOR!

mynameisharry
12.14.2011 , 06:39 PM | #5
Biochem looks good for everyone but as a healer you may like this BOP recipe http://www.torhead.com/schematic/attenOk

Sauzer
12.15.2011 , 12:58 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by mynameisharry View Post
Biochem looks good for everyone but as a healer you may like this BOP recipe http://www.torhead.com/schematic/attenOk
And so it does. Sold.

tormeanted
12.15.2011 , 03:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by mynameisharry View Post
All Biochems get a extra 3 min cd stat boost.
May the force be with you.

illililili
12.15.2011 , 03:40 AM | #8
I did biochem in beta with my Sith healer, and it worked out allright. You get a perma buff, and more importantly, you can heal when you are out of mana... er, force.

TOR limits your total mana to 500 to 600 depending on talents, and until you get the talents that reduce healing and blasting costs, you will have a lot of issues. Heal pots can save you then.