Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Upgrading" to CE

Malbek
12.13.2011 , 09:02 AM | #1
So I'm pretty sure there was a FAQ about this on the old forums but with the wipe I haven't been able to find anything.

What I thought was the case was that all accounts are either flagged for early access or not and the type of pre-order flag on your account doesn't matter. Regardless of your type of pre-order what will matter is your retail code when you get it and apply it.

Basically, I originally pre-ordered through Origin on Day 1 since it looked like the CE's were all sold out. However, later that week Amazon started selling more CE's and so I pre-ordered again and cancelled my pre-order with Origin.

As a result I have one account that is a Day 1 pre-order and available for early access already and then my second account that has my CE pre-order registered but doesn't have early access yet.

If I just start playing on my first account can I simply apply my CE retail code to that account when it arrives and get all of my CE/pre-order items on there so I can start playing now or do I have to wait until the second account gets early access.

Based on what I recall before the forum wipe I think I should be able to start playing and just "upgrade" my first account to the CE by applying the CE retail key to that account instead of the account that is flagged as the pre-order for the CE but some confirmation before hand would be great!

Kousa
12.13.2011 , 09:05 AM | #2
All pre-order keys are the same. We get our CE benefits with the game key.

Elothan
12.13.2011 , 09:05 AM | #3
I was wondering the same thing.. I just upgraded to DDE, thus is in the same situation..
Edit: got it

olemoze
12.13.2011 , 09:08 AM | #4
Good question, not sure if you can since you already redeemed the code.

Malbek
12.13.2011 , 09:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kousa View Post
All pre-order keys are the same. We get our CE benefits with the game key.
So that means it doesn't matter what "early access" account I use? I'll get my CE benefits on that account when I apply the CE retail key (from my physical box to it)?

That is what I thought the answer was, just want to be sure and not screw things up!

Elothan
12.13.2011 , 09:47 AM | #6
From CS:

Greetings,

If you have already applied a pre-order code to your account, you do not need to modify it or add a second one if you upgraded your edition. Any pre-order code applied to your account will only grant you Early Game Access and the Color Stone item.

When you receive your product code at launch and apply this to your account you will then be granted the in-game items that are associated with the version that you have purchased.

If you did not receive a pre-order code from your retailer or if you got an error message that your pre-order code has already been used, please send an email to support@swtor.com with the following information:
Image of your pre-order code(if you have been issued a used one)
Image of your receipt of pre-order
Address of retailers store OR if you purchased online, their URL

Please ensure that you contact us from the email address associated to your www.swtor.com account.

Source

Malbek
12.13.2011 , 09:50 AM | #7
Excellent, thanks!