Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official response demanded

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Official response demanded

Jargonaut
02.05.2012 , 09:12 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Noctournys View Post
People get their panties in a twist over the dumbest things, sometimes.
PvP is meant to involve skill, strategy and actually be a fun way to spend your game time. What some people are doing on some servers right now is akin to playing monopoly, giving each other stacks of 500 notes so they can have maxed out hotels and going "I am the landlord daddy". It's pathetic, pointles and a waste of time.

Get out of our pvp zone.
Mcpodd Stomp, Ithilmar's Chosen, Vengeance Juggernaut.

GlobalMMO.com - MyToons

Noctournys
02.05.2012 , 09:14 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by thiagorib View Post
Have u heard about ranks 70, 80, 90 and 100? its not about gettin battlemaster easily its about exploiting the game farming valor wihout pvp and even with all the proofs yet BW dont do anything.

Do you think ppl will farm valor exploiting just to hit BM? If they dont punish em and fix the valor gain issue on ilum they will keep farming it until 100 cuz its easy, stupid and unfair to who put lots of time pvping to get ur rank legitimate.
...okay, so theyll farm up an equally meaningless higher rank that gives them not even the 2% benefit that Battlemaster does.

Whoopity doo.

Theyre free to waste their time chasing useless ranks. Doesn't bother me.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Also, 'cause im tired of talking about it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...222960&page=11

Tic-
02.05.2012 , 09:16 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by deltaminus View Post
No, I mean it in the sense that once you hit valor 60, you have access to all the best PvP gear and are no longer compelled to do whatever it takes to get there. "Kill trading" essentially is a means to an end, a very efficient way to get to valor 60.

The problem with valor 60 at the moment is the best way to do it is to cooperate with members of the opposing faction, something that is looked down upon because not everyone is doing it. If everyone had friends and was in a guild and was motivated enough to do it, no one would be crying.
What a sad state of affairs MMOs have become....

People actually are willing to pay for this type of game progression. Essentially beating each over the head with clubs, while standing there, and enjoying it, apparently.

And they find this acceptable development of their genre'.

Noctournys
02.05.2012 , 09:17 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jargonaut View Post
PvP is meant to involve skill, strategy and actually be a fun way to spend your game time. What some people are doing on some servers right now is akin to playing monopoly, giving each other stacks of 500 notes so they can have maxed out hotels and going "I am the landlord daddy". It's pathetic, pointles and a waste of time.

Get out of our pvp zone.
It isn't a PvP zone. Its a zerg zone.

World PvP is the problem with World PvP.

It's not about strategy. It's about being zerged or getting your zerg on. It's been that way in every game that featured it, all the way back to UO. World PvP is inherrently buggy and zergy. You cant make it otherwise.

I might add - im not doing this, because if you didnt read the rest of my post (im guessing you didnt) - i dont really care about Uselessmaster. It doesn't do anything.

Im rank 48, all on my own with almost no time spent valor farming in Illum - only what it takes me to do my weekly, one day a week.

Ill get to 60 eventually - im sure - but i dont really care. It's so meaninglessly underwhelming, i cant believe you guys get stressed about it.

I *really* cant believe you're stressed about Ilum. There's never going to be "strategy" there. One side will have more people. That side will zerg the other back into their base or a spawn point. That's the reality of World PvP.

Enjoy it.

As for the valor farming?

Who. Cares.

It doesnt give you anything worth getting your panties twisted over.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Also, 'cause im tired of talking about it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...222960&page=11

Torn
02.05.2012 , 09:20 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Tic- View Post
This wasn't pointed at me, but if i may?

If i was invited to a kill trading group i would decline.. i don't pay $15 a month to play whack-a-mole, or dress up barbie, i pay to enjoy some pvp.

If the developers don't have enough pride in thier product to stop people from doing this, i guess i'll just take my money elsewhere.

But dude real PvP on Illum is a joke - you may as well kill trade to get valor and do your daily then be done with it - The problem is not kill trading its the layout of Illum - most imperials just camp the base like idiots anyways
" I see your is as big as mine "

Jargonaut
02.05.2012 , 09:21 AM | #26
It's not about strategy. It's about being zerged or getting your zerg on. It's been that way in every game that featured it, all the way back to UO. World PvP is inherrently buggy and zergy. You cant make it otherwise.
Open world PvP will always have some zerg but if the mechanics are right a lot else is possible. The last 6 months playing Warhammer our guild roamed with 1-2 parties and found a lot of great fights. It doesn't have to be zerg v zerg and to say it does is simply untrue. Ilum can be made good if the devs give it sufficient attention and do it right.
Mcpodd Stomp, Ithilmar's Chosen, Vengeance Juggernaut.

GlobalMMO.com - MyToons

Tic-
02.05.2012 , 09:28 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Torn View Post
But dude real PvP on Illum is a joke - you may as well kill trade to get valor and do your daily then be done with it - The problem is not kill trading its the layout of Illum - most imperials just camp the base like idiots anyways
But dude instead of demanding more, we just tell the developers thats ok, we'll just stand there and kill trade. This Pvp is fantastic! Heres my cash, dude.

pffft

Ossos
02.05.2012 , 09:39 AM | #28
Why pay for something that you don't like?

Imagine there was a guy who hated creamed corn, but paid $15 per month for all the creamed corn he could eat. Then imagine that when this guy wasn't busy eating the creamed corn that he hated, he was on the Creamed Corn website complaining about how much he hated it.

...while never bothering to cancel the monthly orders of creamed corn.

"I'm going to keep paying for creamed corn because one day I might like it."
Preventing Hackers and Exploiters from ruining the game is not a priority. Preventing you from mentioning the fact that they exist and go unpunished is.

PapaJunk
02.05.2012 , 09:40 AM | #29
It isn't a PvP zone. Its a zerg zone.

World PvP is the problem with World PvP.

I might add - im not doing this, because if you didnt read the rest of my post (im guessing you didnt) - i dont really care about Uselessmaster. It doesn't do anything.

Im rank 48, all on my own with almost no time spent valor farming in Illum - only what it takes me to do my weekly, one day a week.

Ill get to 60 eventually - im sure - but i dont really care. It's so meaninglessly underwhelming, i cant believe you guys get stressed about it.

I *really* cant believe you're stressed about Ilum. There's never going to be "strategy" there. One side will have more people. That side will zerg the other back into their base or a spawn point. That's the reality of World PvP.

Enjoy it.

As for the valor farming?

Who. Cares.

It doesnt give you anything worth getting your panties twisted over.
you should have played Shadowbane ... its the only MMO that has ever come close to getting PvP right.. of course the entire game was created around PvP ...
-Vernosis- SWG Kettemore server- Premier resource salesmen to all crafters. If you bought in bulk, 100k units or more, then you dealt with me, in one form or another.
R.I.P. SWG before (S)ome (O)ther (E)xceptional idiots ruined it..
- May the Force be with you Bioware -

lethal_ghost
02.05.2012 , 09:43 AM | #30
Bw don't seem to care about pvp they would rather have the sub Money from exploiters than ban them
EU 2nd class player base