Republic Fleet Datacron: +10 All Stats

safetybelt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did this with a group but 2 people weren't able to access the +10 stats cinematic. They didn't have any crystals. It seems everyone else had at least the crystal from the museum. 1 person confirmed to have gotten it with only the museum crystal. So can we assume that this one is required?

I only had the one crystal (from the Museum). The Red Crystal is required to open the door to the area, as is the Blue Crystal, but after that point, only the Blue Crystal is required to access the datacron. Once you do access the datacron, the Blue Crystal is used up, and you can't obtain another one.

So I managed to do this with 4 friends last night and right after helped another 4 people get the datacron while we were still in the room. Since /stuck doesn't help the people near the buttons, it was an exercise in frustration trying to get everyone into position.

A few things that we discovered that helped us is that jedi guardians can use guardian leap to reach various positions. A guardian can leap back up from panels A,B and C if someone is on the walkway below grapple point 3. A guardian can also leap up to grapple point 3 if someone is already up there and from there can leap to panel E. A guardian can then leap to the final door from panel E, they can also leap from the walkway below grapple point 3 all the way up to the datacron door. (I hope this isn't getting too confusing) Finally a guardian can completely bypass the bridge by leaping to someone at panel A, from there they can leap up to someone below grapple point 3 or to someone at panel E.

We had 2 guardians in our group, I was one of them, so with liberal use of guardian leap both the guardians got up to the datacron. The other group that joined us had 2 sages, so we got one of them to the door and the other to panel E from there they would "piggy back" everyone up to the door with their ally pull power.

TL;DR version:

The best work around we found is to use a sage's ally pull and a guardian's guardian leap to make reaching all the platforms easier.

This is amazing, both that Bioware made such a complex journey to get this datacron and that you figured it out on your own.

This wasn't ''found out'' by anyone, this was told by a DEV in beta to people. Like all of these very hidden things in any game. No one stumbles upon them, DEVs say it to one person who then tells it to friends.

What I really, really dislike is that it is so bugged :((

Level 50 with all datacrons gotten save for this very last one. Unfortunately I am stricken with the, "More experience is required to use this." bug too.

Been 50 for a while and I'm 20% past legacy level 17. I've submitted a ticket of course, but this means I don't get to proceed until I find another group of people with a blue crystal and a willingness to help.

A+ for the quest reward

D- for the quest-killing bugs

If trying to do this with four, be warned that /stuck is confirmed to no longer work on people beyond the 'middle' section, and also that grappling on any point is buggy and inconsistent.

In theory, the most difficult aspect should be people maneuvering to their panels i.e. A, B, C etc. After that it's fairly straight forward.

(assuming all people use their panels properly)

Person at panel A can grapple to point 4. This point is actually the most consistent to grapple to out of all points.

Persons at B and C return to their pipes and grapple to 3.

Person at D drops down and grapples to 3 from whatever point they can.

Any other spare persons grapple to 3 and then to 4.

Panel E was activated at some point and everyone carries on to point 5.

This is extremely easy once you have a few practices. The only thing stopping people is the broken grapple.

Fix that, and we're fine.

How to work around the broken grapple?

-Have more than four people

-In having more than four people, try to have them be as many Sages and Guardians as possible(for Rescue and Guardian Leap)

The more people you can pull and leap to, the better your chances.

The above post is essentially exactly what our group did with the standard 4. We discovered a nice trick however to avoid a lot of the buggyness of the grapple. We discovered if you mount up directly after grappling while currently in route you will not be teleported back to your original location/insta gibbed. The only exception I've found to this is when trying to grapple at max range, give yourself a few feet (you always have at enough room to move into an appropriate range) and it works nearly every time. Edited by Yllems

We did this yesterday with 4. Here are several things of note. I was in the group with Yllems.

1) /stuck definitely doesn't work except if you get thrown to the roof trying to get to GP1 / Panel D. We just ended up doing it multiple times. (See #7 below) The /stuck in the videos / guide seems kind of exploit-like anyway.

2) Since all your deaths are falling / abyss damage, there is no repair bill. So don't be afraid to leap to your death.

3) If anyone goofs up, pretty much everyone has to die and start over, since you can't get back to the bridge controls to let them in. But since there's no repairs, just get used to leaping to your death and retrying. :)

4) Once someone gets their datacron, their red / blue crystals are gone, so they can't let you in with their red crystal. So either that person has to be the last person to get the datacron, or you need to make sure everyone has a red crystal.

5) Interrupting the grapple is definitely the key to getting to most of the grapple points, but especially true for the GP1 / Panel D one. As a Sage, I would shield / bubble myself when I was in-route, near the end of the travelling, to interrupt and get there. By the end I was able to get up there within a couple of tries. Yllems didn't have a shield / bubble as a Sentinel, so he figured out he can use his speeder / mount to do the same thing. It was almost better because of the 1.5 second activation time. If you activate the speeder right as you're hooking up and starting to get pulled, it will activate 1.5 seconds later, interrupting the grapple. Also note that there's a grappling point right where you buy the MGGS in Alderaan. You can go there and practice interrupting / timing.

6) The person at panel A really has the best chance to get to panel E to activate the last grappling point. It's probably the "intended" method. The view from GP3 to GP4 is partially obstructed, so I don't think it's intended that you be able to grapple from there. I think it's intended for people to go to GP3, then to GP5, except for the panel A person, who would need to go GP4, then to GP5.

7) We ended up usually only getting one person up to the datacron at a time, so we just did it 4 times, once for each of us, swapping where people went. People at panels B and C couldn't reliably get to GP3 very often, so it was usually the person at panel A or D that was able to make it up, with panel A being the most reliable. By the end, the last person took about 5 minutes, after about 2 hours total for first 3 (including a trip to Corellia for another red crystal, see #4 above). Now that we have the technique down, we plan to take all other friends / guild-mates up and just have them sit below 3 while we do all the hard work. Then they can grapple to 3, then to 5. Once we have 5 people that have done it, we can sit people at all 5 panels and bring the whole fleet in. ;)

8) Minimum level in our group was 45, we were all able to get the datacron. As long as you're able to get the blue crystal you should be able to get the datacron. We've confirmed that 33 is too low. We'll do more testing tomorrow to see what the true minimum is, but right now it looks like 45.

Edited by sibmer

I got there fine... red crystal, mggs and all and tried to click on the door... "Access Denied"

Screenshot

As you can see all of my ops team (well, some of them anyway) had no problems.

My quest log was 12/25. I had the stuff. Been level 50 for a few weeks now.

The ONLY thing I can think of is that I have ALL the 'regular' datacrons and that somehow causes a bug since it makes the codex count 67/67.

I got there fine... red crystal, mggs and all and tried to click on the door... "Access Denied"

Screenshot

As you can see all of my ops team (well, some of them anyway) had no problems.

My quest log was 12/25. I had the stuff. Been level 50 for a few weeks now.

The ONLY thing I can think of is that I have ALL the 'regular' datacrons and that somehow causes a bug since it makes the codex count 67/67.

Access denied means you didn't get the blue crystal. The door needs the blue crystal to open. It's right there in the museum, so the guide doesn't go into it very much.

We did it with 4 last night and I can also confirm that /stuck no longer works.

One trick we used to make it across the bridge is that on each side of the bridge there is only one red control terminal. So you can use the following sequence. Persons 1,2,3,4

Start Position End Position Bridge

Step 1. 1 on red ,2,3 on blue no one on terminals 4

Step 2. 2,3 on blue terminals 4 on red terminal 1

Step 3. 2 on Red 1,4 on blue 3

Step 4. None 1,3,4 on terminals 2

This sequence kept the confusion down on which terminal we needed to go to. Basically if you are the only player on a side you need to be at a red terminal.

The person at position A is in two very good positions to make the run easier.

First after pressing their button they can walk back down the beam and position themselves under the door. This gives very easy access to grapple 4. I was the person at position A and I accessed grapple 4 at least 3 times during our run. Also that same beam gives easy access to grapple position 5 (the door). So if you have more than 4 folks on the run have them stand on the beam directly below the door it makes the run much easier.

Just did this with several guildies. This guide was invaluable, especially for understanding the sequence of the panels and which stabilizers they activated.

Just a few things we learned... Sages with Rescue were very useful for trading people out of and Knights with Force Leap were able to move around more easily.

Rather than try activating all four panels and risk losing our person at GP1, we decided to rotate things. We had six people with a seventh joining in a little later. We activated the four panels and managed to get two people up to the datacron. Then they came down. One was a Trooper who was helped to panel D by our Sage that had been camped there. The other was a Sage who used Rescue to retrieve and replace our Smuggler at panel A. The Smuggler and other Sage and another Trooper who'd joined us were next up to the datacron. Then they came down and replaced me (a Guardian at panel C) and the last person (another Guardian at panel B) after we used Force Leap to jump back up to them on the central crosswalk. When we two Guardians were at point 3, I made it to point 4, but the other one had problems, so after some LOS maneuvering, he was able to Force Leap to me.

All in all, it took us over 2 hours because none of us had done it before, and we were having lots of trouble with the grapple points and dying when those who had the datacron were trying to get back down to rotate out. Not the most efficient method, but it was successful, and there was never any risk we might have to all restart the whole GP1 nightmare.

• 1 month later...

Just a little heads up. Thank you so much for the guide. That spot was extremely buggy, and we ended learning a few things about the area and what it takes, stuff that I didn't see in your guide or video.

1. /stuck doesn't always take you back to the bridge control platform. We found it easier to bring six people, have each one at a certain button or station, and each person get the datacron one at a time, the person in the buggy spot being last.

2. You said in the guide and video you weren't sure if you needed all the grappling points activated, or just particular ones. I would like to confirm that here for you. They ALL have to be activated in a certain order for the point above the door to activate.

a. Buttons A & D need to be activated first

b. Buttons B & C need to be activated second

c. Button E needs to be activated last.

I hope you find this helpful. Thanks again for the great guide and video :D

Edited by LifeOfMessiah

I love how i was pointed to this thead for consolidation on this "discussion" when my post was deleted. I was asking for a dev response to how insanely bugged this is. Yeah, thanks for dodging to the question mods.

I did this in 5 minutes :D

Basically a guild in my server was "selling" this run for 100k credits. They had sages at both the points to pull you up and you just have to go through the barrier/sky bridge thingy (They had me grab a crystal in museum, didn't even know about the other stuff). In fact I read this guide just to see what the hell was going on. All in all very efficient and for someone who does not care about PVE at all, this is awesome! 100k wellspent I say considering I had no use for the credits (Vanguard + Biochem + BM gear = nothing to really spend anything on)

You know what would be awesome? If they fixed all the bugs here. We've been at it almost two hours, with six people trying, and we still can't get it. Ready to murder somebody here.

I know your pain, but TBH I'd prefer they spend time fixing the bugs that annoy 80% of the players, than those of us who try to get every single thing (probably 1%).

• 2 weeks later...