Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8/16 man That is all!

Inune
02.04.2012 , 10:20 AM | #21
Vanilla and BC WoW's raid systems were terrible. Sure they created a "sense of wonder" towards the raids farther up the progression ladder than you, but that, if it's even a positive, is the only positive about the system.

The problem with the Vanilla and BC raid systems was that you wound up with a very small handful of guilds on any server that got to run the higher tier raids (if that; my first server had only one guild that could run Naxx in Vanilla), and quite literally every other guild on the server was never going to run them.

Why? Because of guild poaching. You have to farm resist gear the first go around for your whole raid. You have to get your entire raid attuned the first time. Okay, that's not so bad.

Oh wait, what's that? Someone in your 40/25 man group of people decided to be selfish and quit your guild to move to a more progressed one? Guess what, you get to do all that resist gear and attunement farming again for your new recruit! Another person leaves after that? You get to do it again a third time!!!

Isn't that fun? Making your senior members disgruntled, and thus more likely to jump ship on you, just because you can't catch a new person up to speed on current content without going back and re-running old raids that everyone has seen 30 times before?

If you want to differentiate between the talented and devoted members of your game and the more casual and/or less skilled members of your game, do it by providing challenging content that only the talented and devoted have the skill and patience to defeat. Don't do it by creating some asinine barrier to entry that does nothing but add tedium to trying to get into endgame.

Zikcar
02.04.2012 , 10:22 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by yugotoobo View Post
Just wanted to see what people thought about the idea of getting rid of normal, hard, and nightmare. Instead just have 8 man raids and 16. Like in burning crusade...

The idea would be to make the 16 mans hard I guess equal to nightmare in terms of difficulty. The 8 man stuff could be just as hard. Guilds would really struggle. This in my opinion is a good thing.

Only reason this has been rolling around in my mind is becuase I can remember when killing the first 3 bosses in khara felt like a huge achievement to me. For my guild the first time we cleared the instance it felt like we worked hard for it. The best part was we had 25 mans to look forward to.

Simply put I think the Difficulty of end game Progression is what makes it fun.
Nope it is fine how it is now. There is no reason whatsoever to change it and not let a huge portion of the player base be able to do it if they want.

Jonvuu
02.04.2012 , 10:28 AM | #23
Whats up with these people that always think that the raids with more people are harder ?

EV nightmare 4/5 is piss easy its not even challenging compared to hm and the difference between for instance 16 man KP hm and 8 man KP hm is laughable ( if there even is a difference cause I did not notice it, oh wait ye on 16 man there is more room for failure)

I bet half the people crying about the difficulty have not even seen the content yet.

So no please please just leave the content alone cause its fine as it is but it could be alot harder on both 8 and 16 in general.