Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tank gear and stats

info_man
02.04.2012 , 04:58 AM | #1
I'm a rather new level 50 jug whos done about all the flashpoints on hard mode. I wanted to start doing the ops for EV and KP, but notice on my server the only ones really getting groups (outside of guild only ops) are "geared" members...which I assume means rakata or comli (spelled wrong) gear.
The gear I have currently is around comli (more or less on some parts) and I have a few champ pieces that I use because I PvP alot...although honestly I could probably shell out the money and buy some better mods for some orange.
Off the top of my head my character has just under 1200 str and 1600 end, with over 18k hp.
My main question is would that be enough to handle the different modes of EV/KP or will I really have to get all the pieces of rataka gear to be "accepted" in the endgame ops community? Keep in mind these stats for the average tank...I'm probably better then the average due to my years of tanking in several mmo's but I dont want this thread to be about ego...plus I understand the importance of gear.

The question is not if I should ever get the gear at all, I plan to get the gear, I'd just hope to play the ops a few times before I manage to get it all, because it is a bit of work ontop of getting PvP gear (not that I'm complaining)

-Quantum-
02.04.2012 , 05:08 AM | #2
From my experience(jugg):
20k hp, ~7500 def, gear with mods 56/58 more then enough to tank in NORMAL mode EV. so i think you will be ok

Cassp
02.04.2012 , 05:33 AM | #3
a fresh 50 monkey can tank normal mode ev, my guild killed everything on hard in oranges, pvp gear and tionese on our second week of raiding, gear isn't much of an issue untill nightmare if your raid is good.

Soluss
02.04.2012 , 08:53 AM | #4
You can tank normal EV in just about anything TBH. By the sounds of your gear, you should be able to tank HM EV.

Foenixz
02.04.2012 , 10:08 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by -Quantum- View Post
From my experience(jugg):
20k hp, ~7500 def, gear with mods 56/58 more then enough to tank in NORMAL mode EV. so i think you will be ok
LOL that is good enough for NM

All you need to start your every own raid as a tank is lvl 50 gear. I my first in current lvl 50 moddable gear.
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong