Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

if you want to invite me to party, ASK ME first.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
if you want to invite me to party, ASK ME first.

Surakis
02.02.2012 , 11:27 PM | #451
Quote: Originally Posted by shepardcomander View Post
I thought the subject of this thread was ideas to reduce the amount of unsolicited group invites. Derailment attempt much?
And super-powered companions was introduced as a fix that would be silly to implement. You're not actually saying any ideas put forth are forbidden from being examined and questioned, are you? Or just yours?

GalacticKegger
02.02.2012 , 11:35 PM | #452
I don't take offense to blind group invites in or near heroic zones. Those are almost expected and usually work out ok, as most I've hooked up with immediately try sharing quests before the first mob ever drops. Blind invites in normal areas is probably less tolerable though nothing I would take offense to. Now, what grates my cheese are blind guild invites. I would at least like the courtesy of a date before someone invites me in for a nightcap.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

Sureth
02.04.2012 , 12:41 AM | #453
Quote:
Originally Posted by uteboy

Preferences -> User Interface -> Social Center -> Show Invites as Social Messages

For those that didn't know it was there / didn't know what it does ( like me ) this stops the dialog in the middle of the screen and instead gives you a message underneath your chat box instead ( presuming you also have "Attach Social Notifications to Chat" checked ), same as a "you have new mail" message, or a "Friend X has logged on" message, with a check and a cross to accept or decline.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sureth View Post
Thanks for that!
Will definately be trying to find that option and make it work that way instead : )
I'll add to this that it works like a charm : ) Thanks again Uteboy.
While this does not change the "social" aspect of a blind invite as has been discussed (lengthily :P) in this thread, it certainly removes the practical annoyance it can form. Bioware got one right that time.

uteboy
02.04.2012 , 07:14 AM | #454
Yeah, it's definitely a nice option. One of those "Duh" moments when you find that something you wanted has been available all along.

Darth-Rammstein
02.04.2012 , 07:27 AM | #455
Did this really need its own thread....frankly op by your attitude I wouldn't want to group with you anyways. So congratz, one less person to worry about.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five