Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bulwark HM...how to?

Dee-Jay
02.03.2012 , 04:10 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Talorra View Post
Bulwark channels two different abilities back to back. Burst cannot be interrupted. Smash can. It will deal a huge amount of damage if you let it go off. Put someone on interrupt duty just for that one.

https://dulfyforce.wordpress.com/201...ve-7-hardmode/
You cannot interrupt the boss. Let me say it again:

YOU CANNOT INTERRUPT THE BOSS.

He even has the "boss immunity" buff thing active stating that he's immune to interrupts.

It's odd because none of the guides ever mentions that or it might just be simply a bug.

Anyway, for some reason beyond my knowledge, Bulwark today was immune to interrupts. No idea when this change went live because it's obviously not meant to be like that based on all the previous guides.

Edit: Found this in the 1.1.1 patchnotes

Quote:
Some of Bulwark’s abilities were incorrectly susceptible to interruption. Bulwark is now immune to interrupts.

ohsheet
02.03.2012 , 04:54 PM | #12
For Bulwark, you need to have decently geared DPS's, and you need to know what you are doing.

I have run this every day for the last week and have'nt wiped a single time. We use 5/5 DPS's for it. We ran is last night with an operative DPS, sniper DPS, sorc healer, and myself as a jugg tank.

As many people ahve already said, CC the droids when they come out. They will dissappear when the next set spawns. This is very much a DPS race, but its easily doable.

As for the interrogator, we have found its usually our sniper that gets cloned multiple times. So we just have him leave the area for the fight, and pull out a DPS companion and it works fine.

This is probably one of the hardest instances I have done so far, the only thing close is the final boss on BP. It is not something you can do with people that are not geared or don't know what they are doing. If you do not have well geared group members, then don't waste your time.

feday
02.03.2012 , 04:58 PM | #13
Did bullwark yesterday (I'm a Sorc healer). My trick after the first wipe was to get everyone in close, and the stick a healing circle underneath him so it would be reachable for everyone.
The tank was with his back to the energy shield (Bullwark facing the shield). The shield I mean is the one that opens up after he's dead, not the bubble around him.

It was tight but doable, make sure DPS'ers get into the heal circle, and use stimpacks when they can.

We ignored the droids to beat the enrage, I just CC'ed the ones that were trying to kill me due to healing aggro (when I could), I tanked them the rest of the time.

Talorra
02.03.2012 , 06:23 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Dee-Jay View Post
You cannot interrupt the boss. Let me say it again:

YOU CANNOT INTERRUPT THE BOSS.

He even has the "boss immunity" buff thing active stating that he's immune to interrupts.

It's odd because none of the guides ever mentions that or it might just be simply a bug.

Anyway, for some reason beyond my knowledge, Bulwark today was immune to interrupts. No idea when this change went live because it's obviously not meant to be like that based on all the previous guides.

Edit: Found this in the 1.1.1 patchnotes
Ah, patched. So that's out of the picture then. Last time I ran this FP that was the one ability that could be interrupted.

Comes down to DPS and healer staying out of the AoE so that the healer can focus on the tank then.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

Mavery
02.03.2012 , 07:31 PM | #15
I've been in groups where the melee stand in the AOE and it still isn't a problem.

Bulwark is one of the simplest fights in the game. You still win if you stand in avoidable damage. You still win if nothing is interrupted.

No idea why people complain about this boss.

Xihphor
02.03.2012 , 10:05 PM | #16
the idea of bulwark is to stand to the sides with the tank on the stairs... when his shield goes up you click the boxes on each side. He will summon droids to repair those boxes that you originally destroyed... you have to kill or cc them or they will put up his immunity shield once more.

Bulkwark has a cone aoe so only the tank must stand in front of him.
If you stand too far away he will one shot you.
The enrage timer is quite quick so you must not ever let his shield go up when the droids come out to repair.

Hope that helps out a little bit.

As for the boss that does the repeating clones... it usually happens to a bounty hunter but who ever becomes the unending cloner, have that player kill themselves quickly by jumping off the stairs near by. The cloning will stop and you can have a chance of a /win.

Galactic Squid Imperial Guard

Skrotnisse
02.03.2012 , 11:10 PM | #17
I know this will sound strange but have the healer and tank stand at the Red force field and the two dps on each button.

For some reason Bulwark uses his high hitting ability on people standing where Bulwark is facing before you engage him so by not having anyone stand there you will breeze through the fight.

I have no idea why this works but you should seriously try it.

novachannel
02.03.2012 , 11:33 PM | #18
just did directive 7 HM with no problems we even managed to kill interrogator even when bugged
Alienware m18x/dual nvidia 560m's/samsung ssd/8gb of ram/bigfoot killer wireless/intel 2960xm cpu