Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Exar Kun vs Darth Bane

Valsdad
02.02.2012 , 07:25 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Name one?
Control

And, secondarily; sheer mastery of the Force.

He saw Sith as being a means to an end and not a path to true power. He wasn't power hungry and evil for evil's sake and didn't let hatred control him.
Overtrebel, a right and proper scoundrel

Castiel
02.03.2012 , 08:37 PM | #62
Name one?

Caedus was powerful and undoubtedly a very good duelist. But Sidious consumed billions of lives when he went to his retreat. Had the ability to consume the entire Fleet in Space. Had the strongest lightning, could consume planets and leave them similar to Malachor V.

Kun and Caedus are up there but SIdious is number 1.
And yet he lost, and had the shortest sith rule of all time. Hahahahaha.

Castiel
02.03.2012 , 08:42 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Agreed, but he was no combatant, If he barely defeated Revan and was nearly killed by Surik, that doesn't bode well against the Creme De'le creme of Sith Lords.

My top 10 would probably go like this:

1.Darth Sidious.
2.Darth Caedus.
3.Darth Nihilus.
4.Exar Kun.
5.Marka Ragnos.
6.Tulak Hord.
7.Darth Zannah.
8.Darth Vader.
9.Darth Bane.
10.Ludo Kressh.
Well, he wasn't. Sidious however, was defeated by Luke. Do the math.

Rayla_Felana
02.03.2012 , 08:51 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
Well, he wasn't. Sidious however, was defeated by Luke. Do the math.
Luke defeated him way after becoming a fully fledged Jedi Knight, and that was only in a duel, only Windu could do that, so I don't think that detracts from Sidious, more like it speaks volumes of how much Luke progressed in those years.

BrandonSM
02.03.2012 , 08:55 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
And yet he lost, and had the shortest sith rule of all time. Hahahahaha.
More like the greatest rule of all time.

He wiped out the Republic and the Jedi and conquered pretty much the entire galaxy.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Keihryon
02.03.2012 , 09:02 PM | #66
Exar would defeat Bane, in a battle of power. Especially with Bane in the orbalisk armor. They were extremely weak to lightning attacks.

I loved it when Mara Jade intruded on Kun and Horn's battle though.

I think Bane had more cunning than Kun though. I mean he wiped out the brotherhood with little effort, and some of those lords were more powerful than Bane. So if Kun gave Bane the time to plot, he could defeat Kun.

I will say that Caedus was on par with Kun and Sidious in terms of power. He was a master of several Force techniques, not just Jedi and Sith.

But, I wouldn't put much stock in his lightsaber fight with Luke meaning that he was Luke's equal. Luke wasn't going all out against him during that fight because he was still conflicted about his killing of Lumiya.

Keihryon
02.03.2012 , 09:03 PM | #67
More like the greatest rule of all time.

He wiped out the Republic and the Jedi and conquered pretty much the entire galaxy.
Think you are confusing Caedus with Sidious.

Caedus had the shortest rule of all...which is who the poster was referring.

BrandonSM
02.03.2012 , 09:28 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Keihryon View Post
Think you are confusing Caedus with Sidious.

Caedus had the shortest rule of all...which is who the poster was referring.
Hmm not sure. But the post he quoted of mine was about Sidious.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Keihryon
02.03.2012 , 09:55 PM | #69
Hmm not sure. But the post he quoted of mine was about Sidious.
I see what you mean..well if he is referring to Caedus then he's right. If he is referring to Sidious then he is horribly, horribly wrong.