Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you think eventually happens to the Sith Empire?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What do you think eventually happens to the Sith Empire?

DeltaEkotte
01.30.2012 , 01:23 PM | #21
I'm not sure how this fits with the Empire in general, but Darth Bane destorys the rest of the Sith Order and installing the rule for two which lasts up through the movies, and in the Bane novels there isn't any mention the Sith Empire as it is in TOR.

Diamonddug
01.30.2012 , 02:01 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
The next era is around 100 years from the cold war. Which a fallen jedi falls to the dark side to become Darth Desolus and amasses an army that kills thousands of Jedi. The fact it was explained that it was in a time of peace AND that the republic is doing fine gives Bioware around ~50 years to play with, probably less.
I Looked it up yes there was Darth Desolus but I still dont see how u get 50 years.

Quote from Databank in The Force Unleashed:Born nearly 3500 years before the clone wars, the warrior who would become
Darth Desolous was once a revered Jedi Master whos name is now lost to history.
Sadly his lust for battle led him to the dark side and he embraced the
teachings of the Sith. Expelled from the Jedi order, the fallen Master took on
the name of Darth Desolous and vowed to have his revenge. He began training
an army of Pau'ans in his own style of martial arts, which favored the use of a
cortosis alloy shield in conjunction with a melee weapon. The shield was
typically used to block incoming attacks (Including a Jedi's lightsaber) leaving
the opponent open to counterattack. Darth Desolous eventually rallied his
bloodthirsty soldiers against the Jedi, ambushing Jedi Knights across the
galaxy. After each attack, he became bolder and more reckless, his desire for
revenge and hatred for the Jedi eclipsing all other emotions. Desolous's
rampage led to the slaughter of nealry two thousand Jedi, but eventually he
grew overconfident. Desolous confronted a small Force of Jedi on Yaga Minor,
btu these Knights were simply bait to draw the killer into a tactically
disadvantegous position. When Desolous attacked, a large Jedi fleet appeared
out of hyperspace, preventing Desolous' retreat. Outnumbered and outmatched,
Desolous' army was destroyed and the Sith Lord was finally struck down. In
some ways, however, Desolous became even more powerful in death. Over time, his
legend grew and his name became synonymous with hatred and rage. His visage
was later used as part of the Jedi Trials - an enraged opponent for Padawans
to face in the hopes of mastering their own base emotions.

Desolous was Born around 3500 years before the clone was. Tor lakes place at 3641. Time between Tor and THE BIRTH of Desolous if he was born exactly at 3500 (which is not what it says.) would still be 141 years. I think you are also mistaken that they only have 50 years because Desolous is Pau'an not human. Which as a species can live up 700 years. It doesnt say "At a time of peace Darth Desolous raised an army in 3500 ect." So the time between when Tor ends and Desolous rises is very open and is alot more than fifty years.

Quote: Originally Posted by DeltaEkotte View Post
I'm not sure how this fits with the Empire in general, but Darth Bane destorys the rest of the Sith Order and installing the rule for two which lasts up through the movies, and in the Bane novels there isn't any mention the Sith Empire as it is in TOR.
Darth Bane Novel Path of Distruction takes place Between 1006 and 1000 BBY 2641 years after TOR give or take..
Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Though passion I gain strength. Though strength I gain power.
Though power I gain victory.
In victory my chains are broken.

SithZigg
01.30.2012 , 03:03 PM | #23
My guess would be that the Sith Empire splinters as the Dark Council fractures into separate Warlords; kind of like what happened to the Empire at the end of Episode 6.
I'm a Sith Enchantress, I do evil Sith dances! And when you look into my eyes, I'll put you in trances! And you know what I'll do? I will make a Sith brew! And finish you off with force lighting too! Soooooooooooo, watch out!

ShadowsOfAmn
02.03.2012 , 08:07 PM | #24
So the only thing we know for sure is that the emperor doesn't succeed in consuming the galaxy and that the Empire disappears sometime within the 600 or so years.

If the Empire is outright destroyed by the Republic, you would see a bunch of Imperial players rage quit their subscriptions so its either some kind of union between the two or at least a hint that the Empire is going to lose or join the Republic somehow. I think the only thing keeping the Empire together is the Emperor and the Empire will turn on him when they discover he just wants to consume everyone so maybe when the Emperor is finally killed, the Empire will begin to self destruct.

JediGerad
02.03.2012 , 08:14 PM | #25
I could be mistaken here, but I'm pretty sure that in the first Darth Bane book he pretty muchs wipes out all of the Sith. I mean, he does in fact wipe them out, but I don't know how the timeline from this game ties to that timeline.

Edit: Looking at diamond's post above I see now. Somehow that bottom answer eluded my attention seconds ago.

Rouge
02.03.2012 , 08:42 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JediGerad View Post
I could be mistaken here, but I'm pretty sure that in the first Darth Bane book he pretty muchs wipes out all of the Sith. I mean, he does in fact wipe them out, but I don't know how the timeline from this game ties to that timeline.
The game starts in 3643-3641 BBY. Desoulous birth is given as ~ 3522 BBY. He's a master when he falls, so probably no earlier than about 3480 BBY. There could still be a Sith Empire of some sort existing then, his story doesn't rule that out.

Darth Phobos is placed usually between Darth Desolous and Darth Ruin. She was killed by a combined group of Jedi and Sith. Her placement is vague, though.

Darth Ruin, originally Jedi Master Phanios, ends an apparently long era of peace when he falls to the Dark Side in about 2000 BBY and establishes a New Sith Empire with 50 Jedi Knights. It's not a total re-establishment of the Sith, though, as there are still Sith Cults existing that he joins under his banner. But organized Sith of the higher level seem to have been long gone by then.

Darth Bane betrays Kaan's Brotherhood in 1000 BBY, bringing an end to the New Sith Wars that Darth Ruin started.
Think of this: If you will play a Jedi or a Sith, now you will never get to take your apprentice to fight with you in flashpoints, warzones or raids. You will never face together any of the big end-game bosses.