Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Desktop Hardware Q&A

Inat_mivea
02.03.2012 , 08:24 PM | #661
Quote: Originally Posted by blowmedown View Post
So why did you post then.
http://www.hwcompare.com/7133/geforc...adeon-hd-6870/
I'm glad you wasted your $ on that very low quality 600WATT PSU on a system that draws 200 WATTS
well well, arent you quite hte lil hardware snob. It's called expandability. PLus how do you know how many HDDs, fans, etc I have in my system?

Just trying to join the conversation - didnt mean to presume i know anything about hardware....

blowmedown
02.03.2012 , 08:34 PM | #662
Quote: Originally Posted by Inat_mivea View Post
well well, arent you quite hte lil hardware snob. It's called expandability. PLus how do you know how many HDDs, fans, etc I have in my system?

Just trying to join the conversation - didnt mean to presume i know anything about hardware....
HDD's fans draw almost nothing.
But its all good just can't see a 430 playing the game very well.

Inat_mivea
02.03.2012 , 08:35 PM | #663
HDD's fans draw almost nothing.
k. I'll call the geek squad next time. For which one do you work? I'd like to give you some business.

blowmedown
02.03.2012 , 08:41 PM | #664
k. I'll call the geek squad next time. For which one do you work? I'd like to give you some business.
Ouch on the GS they work for best buy and are paid like 8 bucks a hour lol.
Actually I work a full time job and build systems on the side. Close to 20 years now.

Inat_mivea
02.03.2012 , 08:49 PM | #665
Ouch on the GS they work for best buy and are paid like 8 bucks a hour lol.
Actually I work a full time job and build systems on the side. Close to 20 years now.
ah, good for you. I know a thing or two about a thing or two, too.

blowmedown
02.03.2012 , 08:59 PM | #666
ah, good for you. I know a thing or two about a thing or two, too.
Rate my system then.
i5 2500k @4.2 GHz (had it stable @ 4.9 ) backed it off since nothing can use it.
3x 64 GB SSD in raid5 ( very fast and safety with the 5 setup )
2x 1 TB CB HDD in raid1 ( everything backed up )
6970 @ 950/1425
Gigabyte Z68 MB
Corsair TX 850 PSU yes it's overkill.
8GB Memory

Inat_mivea
02.03.2012 , 09:06 PM | #667
Rate my system then.
i5 2500k @4.2 GHz (had it stable @ 4.9 ) backed it off since nothing can use it.
3x 64 GB SSD in raid5 ( very fast and safety with the 5 setup )
2x 1 TB CB HDD in raid1 ( everything backed up )
6970 @ 950/1425
Gigabyte Z68 MB
Corsair TX 850 PSU yes it's overkill.
8GB Memory
meh.

you should do what i'm doing and move all that storage to cloud

blowmedown
02.03.2012 , 09:17 PM | #668
meh.

you should do what i'm doing and move all that storage to cloud
Could do that but i do some very amature C++ programing and need to make sure i don't drop anything i have.

Synacus
02.04.2012 , 12:18 PM | #669
I need a new dell video card because well its the only thing well place I can buy from right now with the good cerdit I have from them.

At the 'can you run it" site I passed everything even the card except it said I have a 249 mb and need atleast a 256 mb.<----not sure what that even means.

I can play the game just find with shadows off but I wish to play the game as strong as I can. Now I know less than nothing when it comes to PC's so any help would be great and yes sadly it has to be a dell product.

blowmedown
02.05.2012 , 11:10 AM | #670
Quote: Originally Posted by Synacus View Post
I need a new dell video card because well its the only thing well place I can buy from right now with the good cerdit I have from them.

At the 'can you run it" site I passed everything even the card except it said I have a 249 mb and need atleast a 256 mb.<----not sure what that even means.

I can play the game just find with shadows off but I wish to play the game as strong as I can. Now I know less than nothing when it comes to PC's so any help would be great and yes sadly it has to be a dell product.
Dell has a upgrade section on their website or just call them they will look at your dell PC and give you a option.
NEVER USE CAN YOU RUN IT AGAIN!