Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nightmare Soa 8 Static Barrier Issue

ustupidcow
02.03.2012 , 01:58 PM | #1
This is the last fight our 8-man group is working on and I'm having a weird issue. We deal with Ball Lightnings as normal with topping folks off and throwing a Static Barrier on them before we have them burst the Ball Lightnings assigned to them. Something in the fight or something we're doing is causing me to be unable to put a Barrier up on one or more ops members even though they do not have the Static Barrier associated debuff on them. The fight is difficult enough with folks sometimes getting double tapped by the balls and not having a shield to throw on them is a pretty big deal. Has anybody else encountered this issue? Any thoughts on what might be triggering the issue? Any thoughts on how to clear the problem midfight?

Maglen
02.03.2012 , 04:03 PM | #2
I've submitted multiple bug reports on this issue.

It's worse if you're running a HM FP and it's the tank (usually is) who can't be bubbled. I've found that death resets it, using an elevator resets it, the tank logging out and back in resets it. I forget if you logging out does or not.
Deceptus Keelon - 50 Sorcerer Healer - Iron Citadel - Temerity
Server Firsts, NM 16M EV 1/26/12, NM 16M KP 2/2/12
A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!

dominius
02.03.2012 , 04:36 PM | #3
I haven't had this happen too often recently as a SI healer but it is annoying when it does happen, especially when it is the tank.
Guildmaster of
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | The Harbinger
Domineus || Malego || Trotsky || Ava'rus

Maglen
02.03.2012 , 07:23 PM | #4
Yeah used to happen a lot, now it only happens every once in a while.
Deceptus Keelon - 50 Sorcerer Healer - Iron Citadel - Temerity
Server Firsts, NM 16M EV 1/26/12, NM 16M KP 2/2/12
A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!