Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is RE broke?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Matty-Wan
02.03.2012 , 02:41 PM | #101
You guys are going to ruin this game... The RE chance should not be increased, it should be DECREASED. Try to think for one second about the market and not just your own instant gratification.
Its Starwarsy and Iconic. RIP SWG

Larkie
02.03.2012 , 03:09 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Matty-Wan View Post
You guys are going to ruin this game... The RE chance should not be increased, it should be DECREASED. Try to think for one second about the market and not just your own instant gratification.
Yep, the crybabies always win.

Personally I don't care about the market as much, even though it will undoubtedly destroy it. The pursuit of schems was something to strive for though.

Larkie
02.03.2012 , 03:19 PM | #103
By the way..the word is BROKEN. I love that the title of a thread with this many replies sounds like an inbred hillbilly wrote it.

raikwolf
02.03.2012 , 06:21 PM | #104
In any case it should be left as it is, not decreased...
As you said if RE is increased then everybody will get instant gratification and happiness (maybe not nice) but having it decreased will give MARKET LOVING PEOPLE long-term gratification, prices will be insanely high and in some point people will start paying with "time-cards" and stuff like that because is impossible to pay the prices.

It's something to be following and see how this keeps changing no doubt...
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"...I find your lack of faith disturbing..."

PatrickMalott
02.07.2012 , 01:30 PM | #105 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
The reverse engineering return rate is not currently working as intended. In an upcoming patch, we are improving the reverse engineering rates especially for the higher-level items. We are also looking into the issue where a player receives "You already know that schematic" instead of learning a new research variation.

Patrick Malott
Systems Designer

Vigorish
02.07.2012 , 07:14 PM | #106
I believe the Re engineering rate is fine how it is now. If the rate was increased it would flood the market with high tier items and cause issues with the market. I believe getting that one schemantic that you have been waiting for is very rewarding and taking away the amount of effort/credits/time to get it will reduce the feeling of satisfaction.

Please do not increase the reverse engineering rate. It will be bad for the game's internal market.

Emeda
02.07.2012 , 07:19 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by PatrickMalott View Post
The reverse engineering return rate is not currently working as intended. In an upcoming patch, we are improving the reverse engineering rates especially for the higher-level items. We are also looking into the issue where a player receives "You already know that schematic" instead of learning a new research variation.

Patrick Malott
Systems Designer
In other words you are going to make it so its easier to get blues and purples when REing them but are going to do nothing about them being useful in game.

Ironcleaver
02.07.2012 , 07:23 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Rareyrare View Post
My question for the people saying that this is just bad luck is, have you tried since the patch?
I do a ton of REs daily as a Armormech. Today I REd 10 Blue boots and got a purple on the 4th boot REd. Luckly it was a purple I Could work with so I crafted no additional blues to RE.

My worst streak was a Purple Implant I was after. It took roughly 250 REs to get the purple I was after, which was the 3rd purple I received (the first two being trash purples).

I'm super tempted to RE the Redoubt Elite Vanguard Purple I currently have to get it to Veracity level. 4 Irons a piece, it's quite the gample but the payoff could be huge. If I got it to Veracity, it would have to be best in slot for shield and defence for helms. Ug thats a lot to gample though. :-/
╒═══╡My 3d Weapon Thread╞═══╛
"My eyes scream for the souls that bleed in my mind." ~ Ironcleaver

KiranK
02.07.2012 , 07:28 PM | #109
You're the one not thinking about the market. Currently there are very few RE-ed purple items on the market because it takes so long to get them. In fact, it takes so long and costs so much that people are discouraged from even trying. By the time you DO get a meaningful purple item/mod you've long since surpassed it with rakata/battlemaster gear and don't even think to market it. The marketing system in this game can only benefit from having RE-ed schematics more easy to obtain. It is YOU who are thinking about your own gratification for already having these schematics because you have more time to put into crafting than the rest of us do. We don't want a second job. We want a game.
There's no QQing in baseball.

Tierce
02.07.2012 , 07:58 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by PatrickMalott View Post

Patrick Malott
Systems Designer
So... is there anything in this game that is working as intended?