Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Major Framerate issues.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Scarrow
12.14.2011 , 07:58 AM | #31
You cant set the settings to high but youll have to set the shadows to nothing in order to do it. Even then I wouldnt recommend it. medium settings for now will get you by with no problems and you wont get the so called "lag" that people are experiencing with frame rate loss.

Joshbonrise
12.14.2011 , 08:04 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Scarrow View Post
You cant set the settings to high but youll have to set the shadows to nothing in order to do it. Even then I wouldnt recommend it. medium settings for now will get you by with no problems and you wont get the so called "lag" that people are experiencing with frame rate loss.
thanks, great news to me I will get a new PC or upgrade this soon but till that time I wanna enjoy SWTOR.

So how does medium settings look? Is it beautiful enough to play(I mean the visuality) or it's less/better than average? If you have any idea thanks^^

Rain
12.14.2011 , 08:40 AM | #33
I have been playing Beta since September.

In the September Build my fps allowed my experiences to be unplayable on Korriban.

As the October/November Builds came out, performance had become much better.

By launch day, now my fps is between 15-30 which is the best I have ever had.

Now my pc should allow me to get at LEAST 50 fps and at least put the Alderaan Warzone above 5 FPS!.

My PC:

1) Nvidia 9800 GTX
2) AMD Quadcore Phenom 2.2
3) Nvidia DDR2 - 6GB RAM.
4) Windows 7 64-Bit.

But since launch day, here's what REALLY baffles me:

My girlfriend's pc during beta performed jsut as well as mine did, and since launch I have had better FPS than Beta, but she has had worse FPS since Beta.

In the Sith Academy she gets 2 fps, in open world Korriban she gets 5-15, when she used to get 15-30.

Her PC:

1) Intel HD Graphics (Ob)
2) Intel Duo core 2.6
3) DDR2 - 8 GB Ram
4) Windows 7 64-bit

We have played Age of Empires Online which also uses stylized graphics as well with no problems.
Rainius Stormryder <CIN>
Mayer Stormryder <CIN>

OrmorinMeado
12.14.2011 , 08:49 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Arklari View Post
A potential fix in the meantime, if you're trying to run at just the low settings. Sometimes the settings are improperly reported by the client.

I was getting extremely low performance with similar setup to many people here. I switched graphics quality to high, then back to low, and then restarted client. Ran at 60fps in outdoor areas, 40fps indoor. It's not as pretty as it should be, but it's better than running into walls because your client is running at 5fps
Worked for me. Running fine now. Cookie for you, Arklari!

StuLulzworth
12.14.2011 , 10:13 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by nookster View Post
Had same issue before. But do Preferences ---> Graphics---> Shadow Quality ---> and turn it to OFF. Should help significantly. Thank Amarinth for that one if it helps.
dude I could KISS you on the lips, did this and my framerate jumped from 2.0 (yes 2.0 not 20) up to 12.
All I need now is to wait while bioware decide to tell us what ports we should be forwarding and i'll be happier

Ocia
12.14.2011 , 10:49 AM | #36
A potential fix ....I was getting extremely low performance with similar setup to many people here. I switched graphics quality to high, then back to low, and then restarted client.
My wife is having the same problem with an AMD 6370 Mobile. We were able to lower the settings enough during 11/11 & 11/25 betas & get her above 30 fps. Now, regardless of what we do (even the trick above, no shadows, etc) we can't get it better then 20 fps. Still the same drivers, etc.

Bioware changed something for the worse, I hope they fix this soon, it is horrible for her to play.

I've also notice with my desktop AMD 6850, I'm getting about 5 or 10 less fps with AA forced on then I did in those 2 betas above.
CE11.11.11

DocBrass
12.14.2011 , 01:12 PM | #37
A potential fix in the meantime, if you're trying to run at just the low settings. Sometimes the settings are improperly reported by the client.

I was getting extremely low performance with similar setup to many people here. I switched graphics quality to high, then back to low, and then restarted client. Ran at 60fps in outdoor areas, 40fps indoor. It's not as pretty as it should be, but it's better than running into walls because your client is running at 5fps
You my friend are a hero!!!! This increased my frame rate from 10 to about 30! Kudos to you!

EmmDee-Cutter
12.14.2011 , 02:12 PM | #38
I can't believe that worked. Went from 2.4 to 20 fps with that trick on my HD 3400.

Cerimon
12.15.2011 , 02:04 AM | #39 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

Please ensure your machine has its control panel power options set to maximum performance rather than balanced performance. Setting the graphics option in-game for shadows to off will also improve framerate. Try comparing all graphics options set to maximum and then minimum as some users have been reporting that setting the graphics options to maximum has improved framerates!

Thank you for Pre-Ordering Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

bliapis
12.15.2011 , 02:08 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by BouncerPup View Post
I did. No improvement.

If it's any help, I also have 5gb of RAM and a 2.9ghz processor. I know this game isn't CPU-intensive so that can't be the problem, not with as much RAM as I have.
It is CPU intensive.

I have an Asus GTX580 along with a Core2Duo 2.8.

Games was mostly high framerate except from crowded areas that fell around 30sh.

Inside the battleground though, it was rather unplayable!