Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why did Yoda and Obiwan hide?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why did Yoda and Obiwan hide?

Kyliden
02.03.2012 , 05:56 AM | #21
You know...

I saw very good reviews about the Prequel movies. It really opened my eyes, and ever since i saw them I understood everything about Star Wars.

Though, they are a bit long.

You can find them at this website.

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

KennethHoover
02.03.2012 , 06:03 AM | #22
Why were the actions taken by some of the principal characters so unbelievable and, well, out of character?

Because Lucas was a lousy writer, that's why. Let's face facts. Something like that would never have gotten past the editors at any of the Big Three SF Mags like Analog, Asimov's or Fantasy and Science Fiction. Plot holes like that just weaken the movies even more, imo.

The one movie that stands up is The Empire Strikes Back because it was written by Leigh Brackett, a real SF writer who understood the importance of a structured story line built upon characterization.

So I am never surprised to see these kinds of embarrassing and awkward mistakes in Lucas's work. Frankly, he's just not that good when it comes to writing a script.
"I need an Ewok to fetch me coffee and donuts."

My professional writing blog: http://kennethmarkhoover.me

Srenni
02.03.2012 , 06:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
They had a better plan. Take a 20 year old man who does not even know what force is, train him for a one week or so (even though Jedi are supposed to start training as infants) and let him go alone to do the job on their behalf.

Makes sense.
trololol? Bane was in his 20's before he started his training and he became one of the strogest Sith there was.

Merihim
02.03.2012 , 06:37 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Unext View Post
What I really need explained is how did Obiwan and Yoda age so freaking much in 20 years? If you look at the last prequel Obiwan is young and vital, 20 years later he is OLD and frail??? What the heck happened in those 20 years to do that to a Jedi?

Same thing for Yoda...young and vital and 20 years later he's old and dying?? WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED???
Ehm i don't think Obi-wan was in his 20's in Revenge of the Sith. He was older definitely late 30's.

And i am pretty sure if they wouldn't go in hiding and go on a attack again, they would lose. Like mentioned a couple of times, Yoda couldn't beat Sidious.
"You have allowed this Darklord to twist your mind, untill now, untill now you've become the very thing you swore to destroy"
"Don't lecture me, Obi-wan. I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the Darkside as you do"

Gwarok
02.03.2012 , 01:09 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Assumption View Post
You go from living in the metropolitan heart of civilization to living in a hut in a swamp or desert and see how great you look in 20 years.
Seriously, look what a few years in Africa did to Angelina Jolie She's still hot, but not getting a back to the top of any Maxim lists again.