Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are people allowed to need on armor they can't use?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why are people allowed to need on armor they can't use?

Noczod
01.31.2012 , 10:53 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
The Need - Greed - Disassemble - Pass system could be improved immensely, by adding a "Companion" option between Need & Greed, and disabling the "Need" and "Companion" buttons for specific loot drops if they were not relevant for a character or their companion (or if the loot is relevant but the character already has a better piece of equipment).

That would itself produce a ton of QQ on the forums, but it would be much better than the current cluster****.
A logical idea. Good stuff man

vortexdr
01.31.2012 , 11:10 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Yetiquette View Post
Once again, this isn't WoW, if you miss is so much, please go back to it ^_^. Also, Companions, as said above many times, and not to mention Mods for your own gear that the armor/wep might have.

There is a group system, people are just to lazy/unaware of it's existence because they are...lazy lol.

How? It seems to work for me...
No there is no LFG system ****. Seriously you people defending the lack of a LFG system need to be shot. Yes its my idea of a good time to sit in Imperial fleet for 30+ minutes while looking for group. Why not have a global *********** channel so I can quest and spam. Even that would be better then the BS they are using.

Ohh joy I can flag myself LFG...lol ancient way to find groups and people defend it. Id be willing to bet they will lose ~25% of subs because people want to play the *********** game and not in somewhere spamming /1 LFG "insert random flashpoint'

slicjedi
01.31.2012 , 11:57 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by FrankPowers View Post
One issue would be that then nobody would be able to roll for gear to their companions. On several occasions Ive done runs where nobody have needed any of the drops for themselves, but for their companions.

Their will always be ppl in multiplayer games that are idiots - and there is no way to get away from that. There is probably several solutions to this problem, but the people who cant be trusted will still try to ruin others gaming experience.
So the best thing one can do is just to ignore them and keep having a blast. After all, it is a game and games are suppose to be fun. Otherwise, whats the point?
Ok how about this:

They make it where you cant need on items you need, but make an button for companions. Make it count as greed and disassemble.

Need>Greed=Companion=Disassemble.

Should make things even

Noczod
01.31.2012 , 12:28 PM | #24
People would still lie.

And the LFG is lacking but it will work if your not lazy, Works fine for me when I need to pick someone up, I just look to see who is LFG ask them what there class is and see if they want to join, SIMPLE. Just cant be lazy pos who wants the game to do everything for them.

slicjedi
01.31.2012 , 12:45 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Noczod View Post
People would still lie.

And the LFG is lacking but it will work if your not lazy, Works fine for me when I need to pick someone up, I just look to see who is LFG ask them what there class is and see if they want to join, SIMPLE. Just cant be lazy pos who wants the game to do everything for them.
I wouldnt say its for lazy people. I think the LFG would help make things easier. I, for one , whenever i want to do a fp, i go to the thfleet and broadcast. If i dont get any reply, i just search who is on at the fleet, or on planets with similar lvl zones, then i just send whispers to them. I send out "dps, tank, or heal for ______ flashpoint?" I found out that some people dont read the general chat cause of trolls, but hearing a little beeping noise is sure to get people attention.

Tallymon
01.31.2012 , 02:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by slicjedi View Post
I wouldnt say its for lazy people. I think the LFG would help make things easier. I, for one , whenever i want to do a fp, i go to the thfleet and broadcast. If i dont get any reply, i just search who is on at the fleet, or on planets with similar lvl zones, then i just send whispers to them. I send out "dps, tank, or heal for ______ flashpoint?" I found out that some people dont read the general chat cause of trolls, but hearing a little beeping noise is sure to get people attention.
Yep me too. People just need to get off their butts and use the tools at their disposal. Thats not to say I'm opposed to beefing up the LFG system, but to claim this one shortcoming is completely ruining your gameplay experience is downright ridiculous. I've been doing /who and whispering everyone in the level range for several consecutive MMO's now and it's never bothered me putting a group together that way. The last two MMO's I've played had no LFG system whatsoever and it was never such a big deal. Struggling to string together a band of adventurers is all part of the MMORPG experience and it's being c.r.a.p.p.e.d on by these people who treat their fun like they treat their work.

Noczod
01.31.2012 , 03:05 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by slicjedi View Post
Yeah you do what you should do, the people who cry about it the most, want the game to auto find them a group. People these days just lack in everything. People cant even search for players to play a game with, I find that stupid. I have no problem looking for people to play with. I just hate it when people complain and complain that they cant click a button and have it do it for them.
I have no problem with the way it is now, I hope they dont change it so, the lazy and stupid people will stop playing.

Kraygh
01.31.2012 , 03:15 PM | #28
In my previous experience on WoW, (I use WoW as an example as I haven't hit endgame raiding yet, I'm an Altoholic) Ninja'ing is only a problem is the early Dungeon Finder groups, if you pug for raids then those who ninja are quickly identified and can't then get a raid spot, if they advertise in general, then when someone replies in general to join, generally someone who has grouped with the ninja before will whisper a warning.

It's an MMO, the most valuable thing you have in it isn't a piece of gear, it's your reputation, and there's no easy name-change escape on this game.

Crawfishies
01.31.2012 , 03:30 PM | #29
if you all like to discuss
here's the 400+ thread on this topic, eheheh

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=252548

Crowleyz
02.03.2012 , 09:57 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Yetiquette View Post
Which in my opinion, add ons, and Macros would only decrease gameplay satisfaction.
I'm sorry, but you just lost all credibility.

Also, noone said anything about making this game into wow... sigh I get so sad when I see these pathetic attempts at cajoling and expanding the arguement. All we're asking is fairness in loot, not goblins and priests and pandas. Please try to remain on the actual subject instead of steering the thread towards an arguement that has nothing to do with the original OP.