PvE Versus PvP: If You Can Only Choose One...

Frostbird

Which would you choose? Why?

I've seen people saying "to hell with PvP balance, fix Pve!". I've seen people saying, "PvPers are the real players, nerf x class because PvE balance doesn't matter".

Personally, I am pro PvE balance, but I would like both.

*But*, if you had to choose only one which would it be?

It's interesting then that pvp focussed MMOs have always collapsed in flames (Warhammer, Planetside, TR etc.) ^_^.

Yup, PvP works better in regular multiplayer games. That's just my personal opinion. I like crafting more than anything else in MMO's.

Edited by Bronze_Elemental

PvP for me. As the above poster mentioned though, the best fit would be to have a completely seperate tree for a pvp spec that compliments pvp and not pve. I know other games have done this, and it'll eliminate a lot of the balancing issues between pve/pvp. Mirror both sides. it'll work.

There will never be balance if they not strictly separate PvP from PvE like the guy posted before me. PvP and PvE simply do not get along and that's a fact.

As from my personal point of view:

-because of the PvPers I am keep getting nerfed, because they whine like pups.

So yes... separate PvP from PvE and you will have your ballance.

FPS games just do a much better job of it. Everyone is on a level playing field where skill wins out, not gear.

Actually I find that latency is often the decider in FPS games, as well as blind luck. Oh, and hacks.

RTS is where *real* pvp occurs ^_^.

It's interesting then that pvp focussed MMOs have always collapsed in flames (Warhammer, Planetside, TR etc.) ^_^.

UO, DAoC, EvE, etc?

For the topic at hand, PvP for me.

Edited by Tic-

UO, DAoC, EvE, etc?

For the topic at hand, PvP for me.

Neither UO or DAOC were PvP *focussed*, they just had pvp elements.

Eve...is an exception. It's more of a sandbox, griefing engine (seriously, the things that go on in that game are disgusting) and the gaming equivalent of /b than an actual MMO.

Neither.

Separate the balances. Make the ability have two different statistics: One for PvE, and one for PvP.

That way, PvP doesn't intrude on PvE, and vice-versa.

Tell me if you find a downside, and I'll fix it.

Explosive, you always make so much sense. And here as well you do not disappoint.

PvE all the way. I enjoy some PvP from time to time but if it suddenly dissapeared from the game i wouldnt care at all besides i prefer Tribes:vengance for my PvP fix atm. the only real reason i PvP in this game cause its easy XP, money, gear for little effort.

Neither UO or DAOC were PvP *focussed*, they just had pvp elements.

Eve...is an exception. It's more of a sandbox, griefing engine (seriously, the things that go on in that game are disgusting) and the gaming equivalent of /b than an actual MMO.

DAoC wasn't PvP focused? really? Its claim to fame is RvR? I always thought that was PvP.

UO, while agree with you may not have been its focus, it was a rather large part of the game. While playing, it seemed there was a high amount of PvP going on, even after Trammell was introduced.

The general consensus is UO was probably one one of the most hardcore PvP MMOs there was, yet it was just an element. all righty.

and EvE isn't really an MMO?

Wow. I don't know what to say..

Very well, PvP games always fail. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tic-