Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EXACT point at which Affection Switches

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
EXACT point at which Affection Switches

Takuwind
02.02.2012 , 02:54 PM | #1
I have been searching high and low for information on Exactly when affection gain switches from Low to High for the gift categories like Courting that allow a switch for some companions.

I want to see this info (as a made-up example):

Companion: Vette
Gift type: Courting
Affection must be over 6,000 and Act I must be complete
Companion: Risha
Gift type: Luxury
Affection must be over 4,000 and you must have flirted with her 10 times

Does ANYONE know the answer to this puzzler? I have seen endless posts where someone says that it changes at (some vague point) or under (certain unspecified condition). I was hoping that someone was working on this!

** EDIT **

Since most people still didn't understand the question, I added the following:

To understand my question, you need to understand the standard Gift chart, like this one:
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx/...b5c7&app=Excel

Most gifts always give the same affection gain (if given at the appropriate Rank). Some, however, have multiple categories of affection gain. In the chart they are marked like this: +/+++.

Before the switch, your companion will react as if it is a gift they LIKE. After the switch, they will react as if it is a gift the LOVE.

Now that you understand that, please comment on my original post...

Thanks

Ravaran
02.02.2012 , 02:58 PM | #2
Are you sure its not just when they start liking you? I mean, they make it pretty obvious when a romantic relationship is starting.

Takuwind
02.02.2012 , 03:19 PM | #3
Yes of that much I am sure.

Of all the posts I have read, the ONLY promising lead is the possibility that you have to finish Act I. But I still think there is more to it than that.

There is a LOT of guessing and vague answers on this one. Hoping someone knows. In the end, it just might be too early for this to be answered.

Meldwyn
02.02.2012 , 03:21 PM | #4
When you give a lvl 1 gift and they say, "great, thanks" but you gain no affection points... probably time to up it to lvl 2 or higher...

Laeris
02.02.2012 , 03:21 PM | #5
They're all different. For example, I got Kira to warm up to my Jedi about the time I got done with Taris. Act 1 doesn't finish until after Alderaan. Her relation score was something like 2600.

Ravaran
02.02.2012 , 03:24 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Takuwind View Post
Yes of that much I am sure.

Of all the posts I have read, the ONLY promising lead is the possibility that you have to finish Act I. But I still think there is more to it than that.

There is a LOT of guessing and vague answers on this one. Hoping someone knows. In the end, it just might be too early for this to be answered.
Well its probably after a certain companion quest that it changes...and the quests are available depending on affection AND story progression, and possibly even your character level.

amnie
02.02.2012 , 03:37 PM | #7
correct me if I'm wrong but isn't courting just another 'gift'?

I've been giving Corso courting gifts as soon as it was possible (meaning around lvl 10-11) and he's already flirting hc with me, has already tried to drunk-kiss me and given me the gun. I'm lvl 21, so hardly done with act I...

Striker_KOJ
02.02.2012 , 03:46 PM | #8
Haha,

I love how you asked for Specific information with hard numbers, and all of the responses have been "I assume its like..." or "it probably like..." or "usually..."

I would also like to know the hard numbers for each companion. Would just be useful information to have.
I'm just a man asking questions
Bluu (50 Sorcerer) - Ajunta Pal
Dexterous (50 Marauder) - Ajunta Pal

Retired until such time that BW figures out character transfers.

mrwillie
02.02.2012 , 03:46 PM | #9
It was after 2000 affection before I started getting points from courting gits with Ashara. I was already level 50 and done with the Inquisitor story quests at this time.
Darth Nox

amnie
02.02.2012 , 03:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Striker_KOJ View Post
Haha,

I love how you asked for Specific information with hard numbers, and all of the responses have been "I assume its like..." or "it probably like..." or "usually..."

I would also like to know the hard numbers for each companion. Would just be useful information to have.
well, to be fair, without the 'I don't know' answers this topic would long be burried...

and I'd guess there's a reason why there are no 'hard numbers' around yet. it's hard to figure out - or nobody cared enough to actually do it (hey, why don't you try it? :P)