Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

George Lucas rumored to be erasing original trilogy (and he should).

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
George Lucas rumored to be erasing original trilogy (and he should).

loudent
02.02.2012 , 01:35 PM | #1
there's an interesting article over a rumor that George Lucas intends to undo the events in the original trilogy and that he should).

The idaa is that some bounty hunters develop time traveling technology and go back and prevent anakin from becoming Darth Vader. I'm assuming this also prevents Palpatine's plans to come to fruition.

Read more here:
How George Lucas May Erase "Star Wars"

AGSThomas
02.02.2012 , 01:36 PM | #2
no. just no.

Midasear
02.02.2012 , 01:42 PM | #3
While I am pretty sure a "Time Bandits" fan somewhere is having a massive laugh at Star Wars fandom expense....

part of me thinks this is the sort of idea that would appeal to Lucas. "The Clone Wars" could go on forever and ever!

atlasstar
02.02.2012 , 01:46 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by loudent View Post
there's an interesting article over a rumor that George Lucas intends to undo the events in the original trilogy and that he should).

The idaa is that some bounty hunters develop time traveling technology and go back and prevent anakin from becoming Darth Vader. I'm assuming this also prevents Palpatine's plans to come to fruition.

Read more here:
How George Lucas May Erase "Star Wars"
Anytime any so called reporter opens with "Now, we hate to perpetuate rumors that may not have any basis in reality, but"

Means they are literally talking out of something other then their mouth. This is journalism at its worst. It is a giant conspiracy theory based on 2 statements and one example that isn't exactly true and taken out of context.
short Faq on me: (1.No I am not 12. (2 Been on since 2009 account was deleted due to tec problem thus I have no life just like you.3)I dont care about your opinion, but in fairness Ill read it. 4)RIP'5)main trooper cause it has a grenade launcher.

McVade
02.02.2012 , 01:53 PM | #5
I'm convinced George just hates everyone now and that's his big FU to the world, if it's true.

What is true for sure is the man's such a baby. I'm a writer: when most people who read my stuff dislike it, I look at it, try to figure out what I did wrong, and get better at it. The prequels have been talked about to death. He knows what he did wrong. Yet, rather than learn from them, he stomps his feet like a child and says; "You all just didn't get them! I'm NEVER making another one AGAIN!"
The Official Unofficial Figurehead Of The December Procrastinators.
Fixed for George Lucas
Quote: Originally Posted by Ossos View Post
"I'm going to keep paying $15 a month for creamed corn because one day I might like it."

Nissin
02.02.2012 , 02:12 PM | #6
George can do whatever he wants and Star Wars fans will shove it down their throat and ask for seconds this includes ruining any form of original canon so he can make way for an almost guaranteed success with a TV series.
Nissin
Something Novel

GalenDurron
02.02.2012 , 02:33 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Nissin View Post
George can do whatever he wants and Star Wars fans will shove it down their throat and ask for seconds this includes ruining any form of original canon so he can make way for an almost guaranteed success with a TV series.
Not true. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I love the "original" original trilogy before Lucas decided to start fiddling with it. I'm talking 1995 THX VHS release. And I'm also not a fan of the prequels and everything they changed (midichlorians anyone?). So yeah, lets not go using blanket statements about groups of people, it makes you sound like an ignorant arse.
There is no emotion (except Love, that's ok); there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no chaos; there is harmony. There is no death; there is the Force.

PeepsMcJuggs
02.02.2012 , 02:45 PM | #8
I wouldn't be surprise if this was either fact, or if they got trolled. Sounds like the premise for an Infinities comic.
"Making the internet a happier place, one infraction at a time."

Jmannseelo
02.02.2012 , 03:48 PM | #9
Comedy gold. I'm certainly not going to hold my breath waiting for this to happen. To be frank, the whole article comes off like a weak excuse to trot out the tired old "George Lucas hates the OT" meme. Troll-a-riffic.

SammyRath
02.02.2012 , 04:22 PM | #10
Quote:
Anytime any so called reporter opens with "Now, we hate to perpetuate rumors that may not have any basis in reality, but"

Means they are literally talking out of something other then their mouth. This is journalism at its worst. It is a giant conspiracy theory based on 2 statements and one example that isn't exactly true and taken out of context.
This guy's right on.

This all stems from 1 rumor, from an admittedly untested source.