Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Something needs to be done ALREADY


marshalleck's Avatar


marshalleck
12.15.2011 , 12:39 AM | #11
OP are you saying you had 5 people in a flashpoint?

I think this thread is a fabrication.

ReiperX's Avatar


ReiperX
12.15.2011 , 12:41 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by chrisftw View Post
so you're saying EACH TIME he won?

i say lies. that's statistically impossible although plausible. however i've NEVER seen anybody win 3 rolls in a row.
I've seen it. It's not normal but it does happen.

Now 8/8 isn't very likely but 3/3 isn't a big stretch.

But I do agree with the OP that you should not be able to roll need on an item that you cannot use.

Preferably the rolls would be:

self need, companion need, greed, pass (reverse engineer)
Sith Apprentice"Master, whats for dinner"
Sith Lord "Wookie steak"
Sith Apprentice "Is it any good?"
Sith Master "It's a little chewy" .

snakeman's Avatar


snakeman
12.15.2011 , 12:42 AM | #13
Gotta agree with Fatoldguy on this one

MaxJenike's Avatar


MaxJenike
12.15.2011 , 12:42 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
I just came out of a Black Talon run, and it was me, an assassin, and three sorcerers. We had one guy who needed everything, granted i did eventually boot him, but it was til after he needed and won a sabra staff that would have been a nice big upgrade for me. I think the loot system needs to be smarter. I shouldn't be able to roll need on something i can never use.

I wonder if it's possible to fine tune that at all. It's a little ridiculous that anyone can need anything that the OTHER AC can need. At least until we can respec our ACS this needs to be changed.
It's possible he didn't even know he was NEEDING on the stuff. Seriously when the loot dialog comes up its 3 buttons.. NONE say NEED, GREED, or CANCEL.. They all have funky icons and the first few times I ran dungeons I just hit the first button without knowing it was a NEED roll. When I figured it out I gave the loot to who needed it but this is going to be a big problem because the first button is the NEED... then the GREED, then the CANCEL button... all have different icons so its up to the players to figure them out!!!!

ReiperX's Avatar


ReiperX
12.15.2011 , 12:43 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by marshalleck View Post
OP are you saying you had 5 people in a flashpoint?

I think this thread is a fabrication.
(s)he said:
me, an assassin, and three sorcerers.

an assassin describes me. It's called proper sentence structure.
Sith Apprentice"Master, whats for dinner"
Sith Lord "Wookie steak"
Sith Apprentice "Is it any good?"
Sith Master "It's a little chewy" .

Tyzall's Avatar


Tyzall
12.15.2011 , 12:43 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by chrisftw View Post
so you're saying EACH TIME he won?

i say lies. that's statistically impossible although plausible. however i've NEVER seen anybody win 3 rolls in a row.
Statistically improbable* :P

Konow's Avatar


Konow
12.15.2011 , 12:45 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by chrisftw View Post
so you're saying EACH TIME he won?

i say lies. that's statistically impossible although plausible. however i've NEVER seen anybody win 3 rolls in a row.
10 rolls in a row.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEM9EgnIcQU
If you say plz because it's shorter than please, I will say no because it's shorter than yes.

marshalleck's Avatar


marshalleck
12.15.2011 , 12:45 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiperX View Post
(s)he said:
me, an assassin, and three sorcerers.

an assassin describes me. It's called proper sentence structure.
It's not proper, but I'm not going to argue grammar. It sounded like

1. me
2. assassin
3-5: sorcerers

nadeblunts's Avatar


nadeblunts
12.15.2011 , 12:46 AM | #19
I'm playing my IA and am grouped with a BH. He rolls need on a rifle I need and wins.

Why is that possible? BH can never use rifle, like I can never use pistol... should not even be an option.


Use the Fus, Luke.

JogelBolla's Avatar


JogelBolla
12.15.2011 , 12:47 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by chrisftw View Post
so you're saying EACH TIME he won?

i say lies. that's statistically impossible although plausible. however i've NEVER seen anybody win 3 rolls in a row.
it isnt that unbelievable. personally ive won plenty of greens in wow dungeons one right after the other.