Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Something needs to be done ALREADY

Melanie
12.15.2011 , 12:33 AM | #1
I just came out of a Black Talon run, and it was me, an assassin, and three sorcerers. We had one guy who needed everything, granted i did eventually boot him, but it was til after he needed and won a sabra staff that would have been a nice big upgrade for me. I think the loot system needs to be smarter. I shouldn't be able to roll need on something i can never use.

I wonder if it's possible to fine tune that at all. It's a little ridiculous that anyone can need anything that the OTHER AC can need. At least until we can respec our ACS this needs to be changed.

PeRgE
12.15.2011 , 12:34 AM | #2
Bump...............
Your soul is oftentimes a battlefield, upon which your reason and your judgment wage war against passion and your appetite.

chrisftw
12.15.2011 , 12:34 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
I just came out of a Black Talon run, and it was me, an assassin, and three sorcerers. We had one guy who needed everything, granted i did eventually boot him, but it was til after he needed and won a sabra staff that would have been a nice big upgrade for me. I think the loot system needs to be smarter. I shouldn't be able to roll need on something i can never use.

I wonder if it's possible to fine tune that at all. It's a little ridiculous that anyone can need anything that the OTHER AC can need. At least until we can respec our ACS this needs to be changed.
so you're saying EACH TIME he won?

i say lies. that's statistically impossible although plausible. however i've NEVER seen anybody win 3 rolls in a row.
Tell me more Brotholomew.

fatoldguy
12.15.2011 , 12:35 AM | #4

While I understand your frustration, I was getting quest rewards that were equal in all stats to the stuff that drops in there during beta.
RIP Orange pixel

50 Sage, 50 Sentinel, 50 Commando, 50 Juggernaut, 50 Shadow.

Munx
12.15.2011 , 12:35 AM | #5
This is a big problem sadly, Its a shame they didnt innovate theyr loot system.

Should have been like this.

Need: Only if stats match your subclass. (locked)

N Comp: Need for Companion.

Greed:

Pass:

Sadly I doubt we will see a system like this anytime soon, just black list ninjas, and make sure not to group with them in future.

Edit: chris you trolling? I've seen players win rolls up to 10 times in a row..

Airwren
12.15.2011 , 12:35 AM | #6

But I'm going to try and give you an honest response. It's tough to tweak the need/greed/master loot systems unless gear is specified for a certain class only by the devs, and then only that class can roll for it. Unfortunately, because of the mod system in game it makes this even harder to do in SWTOR if an item is moddable. (Because another class "may" be able to mod it and make it useful)

That said, and I'm not trying to be a ****** cause I'm sure it's going to happen to me too, is try to get folks to agree to a master loot system the first time someone need rolls something they obviously cannot use. If they don't agree on it, leave and start over.

Deleted first line due to unintended snarky tone. sorry bout that hehe
Pork Me Coverins!!

Lasica
12.15.2011 , 12:36 AM | #7
It's a 2-man flashpoint. Don't take 4 people, take 2 + companions. It's quicker and you guarantee loot drops for those 2 classes.

Yes a 2-man flashpoint is quicker with 2 people than 4 because they scale based on the number of players. 4-man is significantly harder.

jorill
12.15.2011 , 12:36 AM | #8
This is what you should expect in pug runs. Good news is black talon equipment can be replaced in the not so distant future.

Lasica
12.15.2011 , 12:37 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by jorill View Post
This is what you should expect in pug runs. Good news is black talon equipment can be replaced in the not so distant future.
And you can also buy most of it from the commendation vendor using your homeworld commendations, well the weapons at least I think the robes are still drop only.

boobaffet
12.15.2011 , 12:37 AM | #10
how dare you complain about the game

this forum is for people complaining they cant get in game yet