Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Range vs melee

KiranK
02.02.2012 , 09:30 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawfishies View Post
Oh dear Gawd,
This is an MMO man come on.

why don't you say it's only natural that a lightsaber should cut anyone in half in one shot then? And block any blaster bolt incoming, or just simply force choke anything to death.
^^ QFT. Maybe we should actually permanently die when we're "defeated" too and have to roll new characters. Wouldn't that make RP sense? Derp derp...
There's no QQing in baseball.

FobManX
02.02.2012 , 09:52 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by eNcFireWraith View Post
The problem is there are almost no melee-friendly mechanics that can't also be ranged-friendly mechanics by simply making the range go into melee-range.

And the mechanics that do exist are overplayed like crazy (need X number of people to stand X meters away from the boss, bla bla).
Exactly.

The only solution I can think of is to add a minimum range on all range DPS, and then introduce said range unfriendly mechanics to force them to deal with it.

But as it stands, the very nature of MMOs will guarantee that melee always have it tougher then ranged. The only other way to solve this is to flat out increase melee survivability and/or damage output since melee doesn't have 100% uptime.

Dindrane
02.02.2012 , 10:33 AM | #43
I think the game is tuning right for melees. I have great fun in hm flashpoints and ops with my DD Jugg. No fight feels too hard or even unfair to me as a melee. BUT what I really want to state that my friends who play ranged and healer are completely bored by the content, their rotations are okay - not overly stressing but okay, but the encounters just dont ask for anything they literally dont ever have to move or do ANYTHING.

This isnt about fairness here its about entertainment - give healers and ranged more satisfying encounters please they might just quit the game cause they are too bored ._.