Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Am i wrong in picking an RP-PvE server?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Roleplaying
Am i wrong in picking an RP-PvE server?

Vezlin
12.14.2011 , 10:41 AM | #21
I'm an RPer myself, and I actually love the thought of people curious or semi-sure about wanting to RP joining on RP servers. It's the only way that we can get new RPers, really, and even if you don't become a hardcore, fanfic writin', storyline driving mega-RPer, I know I wouldn't wanna turn down more people to quest and play with so long as you're respectful and courteous of my and others' RP. A quick tip to those that are REALLY new and ogling this thread, you know someone's Out Of Character if they put their text in some form of brackets ((like this.)) Also, Lord Adraas is the unofficial US RP-PVE 'superserver' for those interested.

ErinKFB
12.14.2011 , 10:54 AM | #22
I agree with Velzlin, but be aware that Lord Adraas has attracted x8 the complaints for misconduct in open chat of Vrook Lamar. I've been playing on all the RP servers looking for the one I enjoy most and as of day two Vrook Lamar is going strong. Obviously that may change as launch continues...
Beware the man who reads from one book.

OddballEasyEight
12.14.2011 , 11:57 AM | #23
Heh, when i was talking about this with a friend of mine he reminded me that i did roleplay a BIT in neverwinter nights online

i played a horrendusly moronic fat barbarian (but good at fighting) that kept following one group around and "helping" them kill enemies (i say helping, but i was waaay lower level than them and they mostly helped me by protecting me) just because my character was in love with one of the characters in the group.

His entire repertoar of conversation was made up of "duuh, you purdy" and "i wants follow purdy gurl and protekt her" and the likes...

no sensible conversation was ever made between me and the group. At first they were kinda annoyed that they couldnt talk to me and had to help me out all the time, but then they warmed up to the idea hehe...

of course that was only for one night... couldnt be arsed to keep playing a complete moron :P
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Arianbech
12.14.2011 , 12:57 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by decimortis View Post
I started on an RP server yesterday because that what my guild chose to do. I was interested in it as well to see how it pans out. I played pretty much all day yesterday and I have to say, if I didn't know I was on an RP server, I would have thought it was a regular PvE. Not one person in General chat or my guilds chat was in character. Lol.

If nothing else, do it so you won't see xxVaderzz running around.

D.
General Chat & Trade are usually OOC.

Say and yell are IC

Whisper, party and Guild up the the people in those channels. Some guilds have Guild chat as IC others as OOC there's no all encompassing rule. Usually depends on how into RP that guild is and if the lore makes long distance comms sensible.

Jagrevi
12.14.2011 , 04:43 PM | #25
[QUOTE=OddballEasyEight;41376
so, i decided id go on an RP server for a couple of reasons:
1: i hate it when people have dum names like xXxIhaveabig####xXx and the like.
2: i want to play with people who act like what they are playing (so no light side pure jedi consulars ninja-ing my loot and letting me do all the legwork in flashpoints)
3: i intend to make decisions and generally act like my character would in the game.
[/QUOTE]

Then it sounds like RP-PvE would be great. If you're West Coat (NA), would love to run into you on Begeren Colony.
Planned Twi'lek Scoundrel

pjskull
12.14.2011 , 05:58 PM | #26
I am really glad this thread was posted, because I was going to start one like this myself. I am a veteran MMO player, SWG, Starsider since launch to NGE, AoC, EVE, Fallen Earth...

I was leaning towards rolling on a RP-PVE server for most of the reasons listed here. I am, at best, a dabbler in RP, but I do prefer to have my MMO play be very immersive. The childishness and bad names spoil gameplay for me... I am familiar enough with the SW canon and in game conventions to not be obtrusive. ((I promise...))

Plus, I am looking for as mature an environment as I can find. The General Discussion forums today horrify me...

I am a West Coaster (Seattle). Can anyone vouch for the play on Vrook Lamar or Begeren Colony? Curious as to how those are going...

Thanks in advance for any responses...

MikeATL
12.14.2011 , 06:27 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Shakoba View Post
I read that while tired and thought "that's a rude way to start a reply" then read his name. Silly me
OMG i thought the same thing and I'm tired as well
Bad lag I have

AnthonyG
12.14.2011 , 10:44 PM | #28
Looking forward to getting onto one of the RP-PvE servers along with the GM of our Wednesday night Saga tabletop games. I'm trying to keep track of the loads on the various servers... hopefully they won't get *too* crazy before launch!

We're looking at the East Coast servers... maybe Sanctum of the Exalted as it doesn't seem to be as heavily populated as some of the others at this early stage. Anyone know how the community is on Sanctum?

OddballEasyEight
12.15.2011 , 12:16 AM | #29
Well so far ive had a pleasant experience.
Did one flashpoint "IC" and used () to signify OOC chat, and it worked well, but i dont think everyone is aware of the use of () or the fact that someone might just be playing their character.
And so far ive only met one person with a wonky name (something similar to jango fett, but slightly different... veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery imaginative )

im enjoying myself.

Oh and if anyone is wondering, my server is in my sig along with my toons names.

Im based in EU tho, so to all of you US players, sorry we cant play :/
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.