Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

PizzaTheFace
12.13.2011 , 09:43 AM | #1221
Well why the **** did I pre order then!

Optimusgamer
12.13.2011 , 09:43 AM | #1222
If only people could get in as fast as this thread is moving

Mannce
12.13.2011 , 09:43 AM | #1223
Quote: Originally Posted by J-Sheridan View Post
BW went to the trouble of sending people information in advance about getting into the BETA weekends.

BW went to the trouble of sending guilds information in advance about what servers they were assigned to

BW didnt bother to go to the trouble of telling people what day they are likely to get into Early Access.

This is both ironic and completely stupid.

BW have access to account information that records when people redeemed their codes: Check

BW have access to the amount of codes that are redeemed: Check

Logical Deduction.

Determine how many people you intend to let in per wave or day and divide the total number by that.

You will end up with a pretty rough estimate of when people would get in and be able to e-mail that in advance. Add an extra day if you want a margin for error.

People are going to be more pleased with potentially getting in EARLY than late and you would get praised for people getting in early. Instead your screwing people into impatiently waiting on the edge of their seat with no ability to guage when they will get i at all.
^ Not even the fan boy's can argue with its logic.

oclamalama
12.13.2011 , 09:43 AM | #1224
Everyone paid the same amount of money to play this game and ur choosing favorites. i happen to be a 8 year lucas art mmo customer but that doesnt matter all that matters is you told the world early access and instead gave the world false hope thatnks dev team for breaking my freakin heart this morning im freakin livid

Mnkybttr
12.13.2011 , 09:43 AM | #1225
Quote: Originally Posted by Robby_K View Post
Already created a thread on this on the customer service area, but I'm sure it's already lost. So, can someone clear something up for me please?

According to my code redemption history, I have:

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch
09.27.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order

So, which date is used to determine when you gain Early Access entry? I'm pretty sure I redeemed my early access code the same time as the standard edition one. In fact, I think I only ever received one code from the place I pre-ordered from.

As I've always thought I registered my code in September, this'll throw my estimates of gaining access in between the 14 - 15/16th off. I'm thinking the Early Access thing is wrong, if that is what's being used.
Everyone has the same ready to patch date. Go buy the pre-order date.

Lady_Femke
12.13.2011 , 09:44 AM | #1226
Well I can wait if I have to but looking at it from a point of view of early access being a gift is patently nonsense. This gift for early access has cost all of us the equivalent of £5 for early access. That is a fee not a gift you don't pay for gifts.

For those who gain access today that figure is equal to just over £20 per month. More than double the monthly subscription. For those who won't gain access for another two days that equivalent monthly figure would rise to £30, more than treble the monthly subscription.

So can we stop the this is a gift thrust. It isn't at all its a service that those who have been playing beta the earliest are paying a large tariff for, and those that played the beta later are effectively paying an even higher tariff.

I don't really see any gift of kindness from either EA or BW, just a clever way to generate a little extra startup revenue. I don't blame them they are in business after all, but please can posters stop with the generous christmas gift of EGA in answer to those players who naturally want to get into the game also.
Proud Novemberite from 2011 EGA November.

Jerezad
12.13.2011 , 09:44 AM | #1227
Thank you for the update! Looking forward to seeing that e-mail, and thanks for the heads-up on how the Early Access system is working!
Utini!

Kelebai
12.13.2011 , 09:44 AM | #1228
Is anyone else hoping that the nerdragers actually DO quit the game and never come back? Because I know that I am!
(████████████████Ξ█Angeli Mortis█Ξ████████████████)
Join us, the angels of death. http://www.swtor.com/guilds/206028/angeli-mortis

Anavalache
12.13.2011 , 09:44 AM | #1229
so if you ordered it in the last week or so don't bother looking for an email for a few days?

KasseyDC
12.13.2011 , 09:44 AM | #1230
I'd bet the devs have this thread steaming in their office(s) so they can have something to laugh at as they deal with Early Access / Launch...