Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Rakata" stim is becoming equal to "Energized" stim

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
"Rakata" stim is becoming equal to "Energized" stim

GloamingLeuceti
02.02.2012 , 05:19 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirialol View Post
if this nerf is going through, i also want all other rakata crafted armors from other professions to be downgraded to 126

it is only fair
Sure, and then add loot to drop tables and commendation vendors for reusable stims/adrenals and medpacs that are better than the consumables made by Biochem...

You do want balance right?

GloamingLeuceti
02.02.2012 , 05:21 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Nessirin View Post
Must be nice to be a biochem on your server. Cuz on my server none of that isht sells.
Cause everyone else rolled biochem... Think about it. Why would they do that?

What would happen to your ability to actually sell biochem stuff if everyone else was not better off just picking up biochem? hmmm?

Alwaysx
02.02.2012 , 05:24 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyandria View Post
actually i disagree a bit

Armstech - true - useless
Biochem - even after the Nerf still the best crewskill around - if your an PVE endgame player (The dropped Biochem Recipies are now worth something!) - for PvP depends on your cash stockpile but still useful.
Artifice - apart from Augment Relics not that usefull atm (make and relearn)
S/A- same as artifice
Cybertech - ok but not that good after the grenade nerf.

as far as the Biochem nerf goes in general:

imo the only way to go - was just unreasobale before, seeing as the dropped Raid-Recipies were worse than vendor bought ones...
I was talking merely about min/maxing. Biochem will be the most cost-efficient/practical profession, but if you truly care about optimizing your stats, then it wouldn't be the way to go as before. Previously, Biochem was the most practical AND the most efficient profession, but now that they took out one of these factors, you're finally given a choice on practicality vs optimality.

However, we really would have to wait on the availability of Exotech consumables in the GTN and how the prices fare.

Batslav
02.02.2012 , 05:37 AM | #24
so instead to make other crew skills usefull they decide to nerf biochem more
lower the difference is fine by me but making rakata stuff same as the other *** ?

Sky_walkerPL
02.02.2012 , 05:37 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by GloamingLeuceti View Post
Sure, and then add loot to drop tables and commendation vendors for reusable stims/adrenals and medpacs that are better than the consumables made by Biochem...

You do want balance right?
This.
IMO 1.1.2 will be a move in a very good direction.
Sky Legacy, Hydian Way
[COLOR="PaleTurquoise"]Proudly contributed to: Color crystals RE guide DH DB. Created: Imp uniforms list.

CoDThundarian
02.02.2012 , 05:40 AM | #26
The amount of whining and stupid in these threads is overwhelming. Biochem is currently by far the best raiding profession by miles, and will still be after the patch because of the extreme cost effectiveness of reusable stims / adrenals. If you are raiding using adrenals on every boss pull, and you wipe ocasionally because of progression and various bugs you encounter, you are spending hundreds of thousands if not over a million credits a week on consumables currently if you aren't biochem. Even one adrenal a boss pull becomes extremely expensive quickly. It simply isn't sustainable in it's current form.

The nerfs going through are great, and necessary, and anyone who thinks otherwise isn't actually thinking the impact on the game through.

Also, for the record, there will be more nerfs, in the form of a CD on adrenals in bossfights for everyone, so that you aren't forced to bring 4 a fight. As opposed to crying about everything you might be better off making a constructive post listing out the perks that each profession currently has access to and how it could be more clearly leveled out from a pvp / raiding perspective. Just sayin'.

GengisKahn
02.02.2012 , 06:28 AM | #27
Why is Biochem receiving still more nerfs? This is stupid, if the is an imbalance then the other crew skils should be brougt up on par, and not make all crafting useless.

If you are going to make crafting useless then remove it from the game and dont make us waste time and money on it.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't

GengisKahn
02.02.2012 , 06:41 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sky_walkerPL View Post
This.
IMO 1.1.2 will be a move in a very good direction.
No, a move in a good direction would be to make the other crafting skills usefull.

Why is so many people eager to see all crafting skills in a crap state?

If you dont like crafting fine, dont do it, but dont destroy it for those that do like it.

Biochem was unfairly better. yes.

The solution is to make the other professions better, not make Biochem worse. That is the easy solution lazy developers take.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't

Dirtylobster
02.02.2012 , 06:44 AM | #29
The thing is that before patch the more or less forced us to take biochem since the buff was insane compared to the crap you get from other crafts (at 50).
It is better they continue with the non bop direction.

zerobounds
02.02.2012 , 06:54 AM | #30
I like the change, and their mission statement regarding crew skills.