Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

S.W.T.O.R movie.

MajinEddie
01.25.2012 , 08:00 PM | #1
When are we going to get one. I never even liked starwars till i gave KOTOR a chance and now i love anything TOR related. Anyone know if they are makeing a movie or cartoon of this timeline? TY.

LX_Theo
01.25.2012 , 09:45 PM | #2
Not planned for the forseeable future. I wouldn't count on it happening until Lucas is out of the picture in making decisions.

ptoss
02.01.2012 , 11:33 PM | #3
It's possible but I wouldn't count on it anytime soon. I'd say at least not until after the Clone Wars cartoon is finished, and maybe a couple of years after that.

I wouldn't want a live action movie though, just cgi please. Technology has advanced enough so we can have more artistic freedom. I know muppets and hand puppets are cool, but ToR is really a thing for us gaming nerds.

eriknimblehands
02.02.2012 , 02:08 AM | #4
Yeah, Lucas said that since so many people whined about the prequels he's not going to do any more Star Wars movies.

DarkestDaemon
02.02.2012 , 02:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ptoss View Post
It's possible but I wouldn't count on it anytime soon. I'd say at least not until after the Clone Wars cartoon is finished, and maybe a couple of years after that.

I wouldn't want a live action movie though, just cgi please. Technology has advanced enough so we can have more artistic freedom. I know muppets and hand puppets are cool, but ToR is really a thing for us gaming nerds.
... Why can't it be live action?

... I... I'm sure that they used CGI with live action in episodes 1-3...
"The Force will set me free!"
Darth Tybek Maar, Wraith of Taris
Wraith (The Story of Tybek) - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=246582

RonFon
02.02.2012 , 02:34 AM | #6
While we're at it, I want a Mass Effect movie. lol
But seriously, I don't see this happening, and why should it? You won't get more out of a movie than you will the two KOTOR games and this MMO. I would definitely go see one if it came out. Then again, I watch a lot of movies.

But I really don't see anymore Star Wars movies being made anytime soon.
"Violence does in truth recoil upon the violent and the schemer falls into the pit which he digs for another." -Ronfon Utomael

Xerihae
02.02.2012 , 03:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RonFon View Post
While we're at it, I want a Mass Effect movie.
Your wish has been granted!

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Films

Well ok, only one of them... It's a lot easier for them to get a ME film done since they created the IP themselves than it would be to go through all the legal wrangling with LucasArts, but never say never.