Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Atawoulf
02.01.2012 , 10:58 PM | #71
So, I spent all that money on Rakata recipes (25k each) and now they have exactly the same stats as the cheap ones (5k)?

Just asking...

questcequecest
02.01.2012 , 11:00 PM | #72
I am rank 54 in PVP and have never exploited any valor ranks. (none of this ilum kill swapping BS). It's a long road i've been treading since launch, and I'm about to be rolling in the Battlemaster gear!

Don't nerf pvp gear! Instead just put in crafted blues, or enhancements that have expertise. Expertise enhancements could make custom gear viable in PvP for new players. Hell, maybe a custom piece of gear could be BETTER than a piece of Champion gear. (or is it the mods that expertise would be on? I get them mixed up)

Don't make PVP gear useless in comparison to PVE gear. I don't wanna raid every night for a month just to be viable again. Part of gearing up is getting rolled by 50s. It's the same way in every MMO that has PVP gear. The fact that Bioware decided to put in PVP gear means they should've known this from the get-go.

Gearing up doesn't even take too long if you do your daily PVP missions and nothing else.

I decided to play this MMO over any others because a lot of my friends are playing it. Half of us play MMOs just to PVP..

Remember, Bioware, MMOs have 2 end games. PVE and PVP. Don't forget that.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Danakar
02.01.2012 , 11:05 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
increased relevance of augments
Just give a crafting skill the schematic to make something like an Augmentation Device consumable which can be used by other players to put Augment slots onto their gear and we're in business. Heck, you could even throw in a Reusable Augmentation Device schematic.

Instant relevance of augments across the galaxy and people can finally get augment slots on the ton of existing non-augment slotted (custom/prototype/artifact) gear that's randomly dropped by mobs as well and could never get an augment slot otherwise. Simple and effective.

I for one would definitely seek out a player who can craft such items for me, so my coveted Jedi Battlelord gear can also be enhanced with augments.
Danakar <Legacy name taken> - retired Jedi Knight
The Fifth Order (fell to pieces after the merge)
|||||||||||||()█╣ Subscription cancelled, thanks BW/EA

Talorya
02.01.2012 , 11:17 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post

Long term, our plan is to evolve Star Wars: The Old Republic’s game economy to a more player driven model, strengthen and improve the GTN and embrace the game’s extensive appearance customization throughout the game. We have a long list of improvements planned for that but we’re also anxious to hear from you. Feel free to use this thread to give us your feedback on the topic!

Regards
Georg
There is currently no such thing as "extensive appearance customization throughout the game".
"Extensive" is only passable for light armor classes due to the selection of social gears.
Palette swaps are NOT appreciated nor should they replace a proper gear dye/paint system.
Bounty Hunters for example have exactly as many different unique styles as you see in the progression video, and that includes the following,
-1 set of each pvp and pve end game gear.
-Around 5 other unique appearances including 2 sets of newbie appearances.
-Not all of the non-endgame styles are craftable as orange custom items.
-Nearly all of the bounty hunter's line of appearances revolve around the same boba fett'ish, where's the variety in that? There are other bounty hunters in the star wars galaxy, you've included them in the bounty hunter story, so there are other styles.

Start upping the amount of UNIQUE gear models/meshes instead of focusing on churning out more palette swaps. Then you won't need to worry so much about "matching to chest" not working well because you're lacking in variety.

All appearances save for the special ones (pvp/pve-raid token gears) should be craftable as orange custom items. You would have been far better off by not mentioning "extensive appearance customization" as that is a complete lie. I've resorted to cross-class dress for my bounty hunter (using sith heavy armors) because of a lack of non-fett style armors that doesn't make you look like you're level 10.
Two words,
Cad Bane.
Now take his coat and add in armored shoulder pads for missile storage and connect it to a jetpack that isn't just another round garbage can.
Or these two words,
Jewl'a Nightbringer.

Female siths could also use more work and less emphasis on the skin-bra selections, it's one thing to include it as a one off appearance, seriously, Indignation chestguard is ridiculous as a heavy armor chest piece for female juggernauts. I've voiced my opinion on how idiotic this set is for female siths since beta yet there's been no change to it or responses. It could have been a decent appearance if it wasn't so terrible, it really looks ridiculous on a body type 3 female.

You guys have a lot of work to bring us more UNIQUE gear appearances in the future, palette swaps to this extent are absolutely disgusting to see from a company like BioWare. Don't rename the same appearance just because you painted it with crimson instead of rouge, prefixes could have easily distinguish the level of the item if it was planned out. Item names should matter, not just filler while you keep churning out more items slightly more brown than the previous one.

Gear appearance selection is the MOST disappointing thing about SWTOR for me, and crafting doesn't make it better as there are no UNIQUE appearances you can craft like previously mentioned before the game launched.

Again, palette swaps = trash.
Do things right rather than getting it done, bring in more gear appearances soon and give the choice of colour/patterns back to the players and then I might think you're not lying about "extensive appearance customization".

We're running presets approved by BioWare right now, there's no "customization" when we can only pick "newb", "not as newb" and "endgame pvp/raid grinders" as appearance choices.

You want to be a really good MMO? Improve with the customizations, especially when it comes to giving players choices.

Fardarter
02.01.2012 , 11:17 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by ShattrdSoldier View Post
This is the most receptive Dev team I have ever seen working on an MMO.

I think each topic is good for the majority of players and the message was underlined by a promising tone.

All around great news.

P.S. ignore any complaints which incorporate quiting/unsubbing. Complaining is what MMO players do. Period.
Must be your first MMO. This dev team has ignored the community since beta and allowed bugs that they knew about MONTHS before launch get into the game. So far all they have done is nerf things, essentially taken away from the game, what have they added? What have they added that actually works that they didn't have to go back immediately and fix? Sorry, until they get a lot better at what they are doing I am not about to heap praise on their performance.

Knyght
02.01.2012 , 11:20 PM | #76
Allow Slicers to unlock Augment slots on armor and weapons with a risk of it deleting the item. Let us be SLICERS!!!

Let us do it for our friends too for a price through the trade window.

That's my one fix for something.
Airic Knyght |:|:| Gunslinger
The Guardians
|:|:|Libertas Ara Amplus|:|:|
"Every Gun Has It's Own Tune...
...You're Just Dead Before You Can Hear Mine."

JahloveFH
02.01.2012 , 11:20 PM | #77
How about fixing the rakata weapons/off hands that have the same stats of 51 mods/enhancements/hilts?

GeorgZoeller
02.01.2012 , 11:24 PM | #78 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by questcequecest View Post
Remember, Bioware, MMOs have 2 end games. PVE and PVP. Don't forget that.
We have no intention of forcing PvP players to do Operations and vice versa.

Pjey
02.01.2012 , 11:30 PM | #79
If you want to keep some players, you gotta add this patch like next week, alot of people is gonna quit or rather give up on this game due to the many bugs currently not being fixed, bad pve content (**** bugged aswell but cleared all modes everything) and ofcourse the rakata weapons thats been like that since beta, cmon?

Know atleast half of my guild's just gonna give up when our current playtime runs out unless things get fixed quick because none is going to sit around and pay for the game while we wait 5 more months for you to fix things...

This is only my own opinon and other guildies, atleast we feel this is the current truth about the game, or the sinking ship as many call it.

Roezz
02.01.2012 , 11:32 PM | #80
nm, misread.