Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

muradi
02.01.2012 , 08:55 PM | #41
nerf PvP gear? That's insulting.

CriticalMasses
02.01.2012 , 08:56 PM | #42
You can start by not making the color of a crystal rare, but instead by making the stats of it rare, and introducing more craftable colors. If you want rare crystals to have rare colors, then use different shades.

Also free up Purple, and Teal (LTBLUE) for use by both sides.
Dear Bioware, my Birthday is in March > I'd like to see Purple, Gold, and Teal crystals obtainable by all players and the four major play styles by then. The four major play styles are CRAFTING, SOLO, RAID, and PVP.

CriticalMasses
02.01.2012 , 08:58 PM | #43
Sentinels don't have belts, do you understand that an entire Advanced class in this game does not have something as simple as an orange BELT?

Do SOMETHING to make artifice and every other profession that isn't BIOCHEM better. I saw the posts about biochem changes, great. so you have one crafting profession out of how many? that people can actually make a living off of by selling consumables.

And seriously WHY must crafters RAID in order to craft items. Stop forcing play styles on people. Some of the BEST crafters in SW:G rarely engaged in combat once reaching max level. They PREFERRED TO CRAFT!

How long are all but Biochem going to be overlooked? You guys seem to be doing a LOT with Biochem, which was the only worthwhile profession in the first place, and nothing with all of the other useless professions.
Dear Bioware, my Birthday is in March > I'd like to see Purple, Gold, and Teal crystals obtainable by all players and the four major play styles by then. The four major play styles are CRAFTING, SOLO, RAID, and PVP.

Duox
02.01.2012 , 09:08 PM | #44
the difference in gear is to high ? I have never seen a game where gear mattered less in my life. Most healers and dps classes are already just as good in end game pve gear. If you nerf pvp gear even slightly it will make pve gear better for pvp period. Can Bioware please hire someone that has actually played an mmo before and knows how they work ? Because clearly you guys have no idea what you are doing.
Hardware Addict
i5 2500k l p8z68 v pro l 8gb Corsair Vengeance l Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
HAF 922 l Seasonic x750 Gold l EVGA 580 GTX

Shrug
02.01.2012 , 09:13 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Duox View Post
the difference in gear is to high ? I have never seen a game where gear mattered less in my life. Most healers and dps classes are already just as good in end game pve gear. If you nerf pvp gear even slightly it will make pve gear better for pvp period. Can Bioware please hire someone that has actually played an mmo before and knows how they work ? Because clearly you guys have no idea what you are doing.
PvP gear uses expertise, the stat on level 50 starter gear, compared to champion/battlemaster gear is currently too high and has a unfair advantage they want to address that so that skill plays more of a role, then a person who exploited their way to 60 valor, which is why everyone is really complaining, most of these dumb kids who exploited and greifing the **** out of the norm.... Hence an unbalance.... they will remove the expertise a bit and bring it more in line

Madprophetus
02.01.2012 , 09:17 PM | #46
Can you please really fix the warzone daily credit bug? I have like 7 warzone wins this week that i got no credit for. it's getting EXTREMELY frustrating, and my account is unfunded until it is fixed.

Lord_Karsk
02.01.2012 , 09:22 PM | #47
Really good stuff here by George.

As i posted on the PvP forum:

If this is true they better make damd sure the best gear that is now PvP gear is equal to the best PvE gear.That would be awesome something everyone who now has PvP gear can live with.I8 have no problem with the best gear from raids and the best gear from PvP is just as good.

BossChow
02.01.2012 , 09:29 PM | #48
My personal opinion is you will never fix the underlying problem whilst Biochem is the only profession to craft consumables. Whilst this is the case Biochem will either be overpowered or useless depending on how heavily nerfed it is.

I believe a better solution than continuing to reduce the effectiveness of Biochem would be to give the other crafts some form of consumables they can create.

GeorgZoeller
02.01.2012 , 09:31 PM | #49 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
As stated, we are working on making all crafting professions fully endgame viable. We'll talk more about specifics, like Armstech or Synthweaving when we have specifics to announce.

The reason BioChem is called out specifically in this note is because this patch changes how it works and we want players to understand why that is the case.

Threskov
02.01.2012 , 09:33 PM | #50
PVP.

All you had to do was leave the blue pvp set as it was, so new 50 could have a semi-decent set by the time they got there. Problem solved.