Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jestunhi
02.01.2012 , 08:23 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Kick_ View Post
Some of the future content seems promising. However, most of the other crafting professions do not have enough unique max skill level items to craft that compare to PvP gear.

If the expertise stats from PVP gear would be on a mod/armor/enhancement slot and allow players to remove it and place it into crafted gear, there would be a reason to sell orange crafted gear at end game.
This.

Include pvp gear in the gear with fully unlocked mod slots and let us use the mods in other armour sets.
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
Jestunhi's responses might be just about the the most asinine and pigheaded responses I've ever read on a forum.

BurnsTwoThree
02.01.2012 , 08:24 PM | #32
Let terrible inexperienced players whine enough about PvP gear and other things that do not cater to their skill level and eventually they get their way.

Uruare
02.01.2012 , 08:24 PM | #33
I find this to be an entirely acceptable address of the current problems I (and apparently others in various quantities) perceive with crafting.

That it's being regarded as something that definitely needs some tweaking and polishing and editing all over the place is good. So sayeth me. I can now refrain from kicking the wall ranting about it.

Chromiie
02.01.2012 , 08:35 PM | #34
Is it possible to give us some idea on what Bioware plans to do with Synthweaving, Armormech and the other Crew Skills?

Reguardless of the changes you'll still probably see a lot of people doing the same thing they do now which is leveling Synthweaving and Armormech to max get their Rakata gear with augment slots and then drop for Biochem. I myself won't because I have spent a lot of time reverse engineering A LOT of stuff.

Another thing will there be changes to reverse engineering? THere has to be someway for me to influence the outcome or at least recieve half the mats I used to make it. Reverse engineering a purple to only recieve an Upari Crystal really kills my motivation to keep trying.
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader

Vecte
02.01.2012 , 08:36 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Major changes are currently on schedule for the next major content patch, such as extractable basemods (armoring, barrel, etc.) from purple items
If this means I can actually wear the gear I desire to wear, AND be optimal, well then you have a game-long subscriber here. There is NO customization available right now. Once you hit 50, each class looks the same. I have sets of orange gear that I have collected, and kept, awaiting the day I would be able to remove the mods from my purple gear, so I don't look like everyone else...
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
The 'if you do this Bioware, I won't be buying your game' card is as effective here as on the general forums: Not at all.

Quantum
02.01.2012 , 08:36 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Rasheth View Post
Why does everyone have to always bring up PvP when he is clearly talking about End Game PvE. Whats wrong with you PvP obsessed people? Also if what you are talking about were to happen would that make every pvper automatically pick whatever craft was capable of doing that so that they wouldn't be forced to be slaved to the market? Only way that works is if mutiple crafting professions had access to this ability and if that is what you wanted to say you left it out of your post.

Because once you hit lvl 50 all there is is HM Flashpoints and PvP. Right now PvP and those HM's are the end game....

GeorgZoeller
02.01.2012 , 08:38 PM | #37 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jestunhi View Post
This.

Include pvp gear in the gear with fully unlocked mod slots and let us use the mods in other armour sets.
That is what 'extractable basemods' means.

GeorgZoeller
02.01.2012 , 08:39 PM | #38 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecte View Post
If this means I can actually wear the gear I desire to wear, AND be optimal, well then you have a game-long subscriber here. There is NO customization available right now. Once you hit 50, each class looks the same. I have sets of orange gear that I have collected, and kept, awaiting the day I would be able to remove the mods from my purple gear, so I don't look like everyone else...
That is exactly what that means, yes.

Shrug
02.01.2012 , 08:54 PM | #39
I just came home to chill and do some crafting, but found myself massively bored...

I rather sit here and click a button 500 times then this time based bottleneck bs..

Nomiematiko
02.01.2012 , 08:55 PM | #40
Just dont change pvp gear, introduce a blue pvp gear for the new lvl 50's i agree with it inferior to Centurion gear, but pve gear needs to be crap in pvp, because if you think of nerfing pvp gear then nerf pve gear also, since pvp gear needs to be way superior in pvp as it obvious.
Niman PVP server
Guild Aordem
Vanguard Costa