Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Star Wars TV series is about Time Travel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
New Star Wars TV series is about Time Travel

jarjarloves
02.01.2012 , 09:43 AM | #1
So it seems some info got leaked and the new Star Wars tv show will be using time travel to go back in time and kill Anakin before he becomes Darth Vader.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/53166

yeah.... time travel in Star Wars is not a good idea.

Wolfninjajedi
02.01.2012 , 09:46 AM | #2
Lol a group of bandits going to kill a great jedi knight....ok sure, that'll be a laugh. But anyway I don't think it'll be too bad(if true), I mean time travel is already in the lore though its very rare to happen. Of course....not sure about this plot...don't really trust the site.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Pesh
02.01.2012 , 09:54 AM | #3
No it would be a group of Bandits traveling through time to Kill an extremely powerful Sith Lord and his apprentice (who becomes the strongest sith lord of all time).

Since that is the only way of preventing Vaders existence, and preventing what he does from happening.

Chuckskyline
02.01.2012 , 09:59 AM | #4
Really?

People actually believe this?

Rick McCallum, as leaked that the series will feature a "bounty hunter" alluding to Boba Fett, and even mentioned out the Kid from ep1-3 who is now like like 17-20 was casted as playing Boba.

I highly doubt it will have anything to do with time travel.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Live-action_show

jarjarloves
02.01.2012 , 10:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Chuckskyline View Post
Really?

People actually believe this?

Rick McCallum, as leaked that the series will feature a "bounty hunter" alluding to Boba Fett, and even mentioned out the Kid from ep1-3 who is now like like 17-20 was casted as playing Boba.

I highly doubt it will have anything to do with time travel.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Live-action_show
yeah that was the rumor 6 years ago.

This new story comes from a very reliable source.

I trust Aint cool news over wookipedia.

BrandonSM
02.01.2012 , 10:50 AM | #6
Read your own link.

Quote:
To be extremely clear here, this information comes to us from an untested source
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

SammyRath
02.01.2012 , 01:25 PM | #7
Quote:
This new story comes from a very reliable source.
From the "reliable" source:

Quote:
To be extremely clear here, this information comes to us from an untested source
Personally I don't buy it, at all.

Silvaro
02.01.2012 , 01:40 PM | #8
Sorry, major time paradox would happen.
HP AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 6 Gig Ram
Diamond HD Radeon 6750 1 Gig Ram
Windows 7 64-Bit

"From my point of view the Jedi are evil." Darth Vader

Arokel
02.01.2012 , 03:45 PM | #9
Please no time travel. It just doesn't fit in Star Wars.

Unfortunately there are at least two recorded instances of time travel in Star Wars.

I forgot almost everything about the first one except that some people got teleported back in time to the Great Hyperspace War from sometime after the Battle of Endor.

The second was Darth Rivan who took his name from a corrupted manuscript that misspelled Revan. He had a staff or some other artifact that caused him to teleport forward in time to the Battle of Ruusan where he was killed by the thought bomb.

As far as I know both of these instances are canon. I wish they weren't though.

psychogobstopper
02.01.2012 , 04:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Arokel View Post
I forgot almost everything about the first one except that some people got teleported back in time to the Great Hyperspace War from sometime after the Battle of Endor.
Do you know in what EU work this one occurred? I ask because it doesn't sound familiar, though it does sound somewhat similar to a situation in which a Sith Empire ship called the Harbinger was thrown through time (due to an unstable hyperspace tunnel) from the Great Hyperspace War to 41.5 BBY (shortly after the Second Galactic Civil War).