Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Similar to Black Screen, but not the same...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Similar to Black Screen, but not the same...

ShadowBloodmoon
12.14.2011 , 03:36 PM | #1
I have an AMD Athlon 3800 with 4GB RAM, 256MB ATI Radeon Xpress 200 with completely updated drivers (ver. 10.2). The game starts fine, I can see the menus, the videos and all that. What I can't see is the character preview screen or the actual playfield in game. I can play fine, no lag, just can't see anything but nameplates and floating text in the playfield. I can see the power bars, I can chat, see my inventory, etc. The rest is solid black. I have set everything down to the lowest settings, matched refresh rates at 75Mhz. I don't see an option to change anti-aliasing or I would have tried that. Any ideas? I know people are talking about changing the .ini file, but I'm not sure what to change to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Swissbob
12.14.2011 , 04:32 PM | #2
This is literally the same exact problem i have. Ive updated drivers and everything... Still can only see activity bars and mini map and things like that.

Hierarch_Chris
12.14.2011 , 06:57 PM | #3
Same here... Need help!!
Surgo Cadas
I Rise, You Fall

tomecide
12.14.2011 , 07:22 PM | #4
I am having the exact same issue but I determined my problem to be that I have an outdated graphics card (ATI Radeon X1200) that does not support shader 3.0 (it's listed as a minimum requirement to play).

You might want to see if your card supports that. If that is unfortunately the case, I don't have any solution to it.

ShadowBloodmoon
12.14.2011 , 11:16 PM | #5
Looks like I may have to upgrade. The ATI Radeon Xpress only supports Shader 2.0, and not 3.0. Time to go shopping.... Good thing I have an extra PCIX slot.