Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Horrid FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NajatHsissou's Avatar


NajatHsissou
12.14.2011 , 11:12 PM | #11
Hello,

We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing this problem.
Thank you for having reported this issue.
If you have not yet tried the following troubleshooting steps, please do so and let us know if your issue is resolved!
  • Close any and all applications running in the background.
  • Turn down the in-game graphic settings.
  • Change the settings to favour performance over quality if you are using a third party graphic management software.
  • Turning off “bloom" in the graphic options in game.
  • Turning shadows off and shaders low.
  • Update your drivers.
If you do not notice a change after having tried the options listed,
can you please reply to these question here in this topic please :
  • Graphic card used :
  • Driver version:
  • Use of a CrossFire system: Yes/No
  • Drop of FPS in the confined spaces (buildings/ships): Yes/No
  • Server name:
Thank you.

Velixius's Avatar


Velixius
12.14.2011 , 11:58 PM | #12
Tried everything.. here is my dxdiag

Spoiler
Death is such a small impediment.
CE VIP

Flamingtable's Avatar


Flamingtable
12.14.2011 , 11:59 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by N2-H0 View Post
Hello,

We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing this problem.
Thank you for having reported this issue.
If you have not yet tried the following troubleshooting steps, please do so and let us know if your issue is resolved!
  • Close any and all applications running in the background.
  • Turn down the in-game graphic settings.
  • Change the settings to favour performance over quality if you are using a third party graphic management software.
  • Turning off “bloom" in the graphic options in game.
  • Turning shadows off and shaders low.
  • Update your drivers.
If you do not notice a change after having tried the options listed,
can you please reply to these question here in this topic please :
  • Graphic card used :
  • Driver version:
  • Use of a CrossFire system: Yes/No
  • Drop of FPS in the confined spaces (buildings/ships): Yes/No
  • Server name:
Thank you.
I've tried all this for months on end in beta and I've posted about my results each time I was told to do this. There is a some kind of problem with the game that slows people down with shadows on when they enter indoor environments. But here we go once again:

Radeon HD 4890 2gb
11.12 drivers
No Crossfire
Drop of FPS in confined spaces, YES
Server: Anchorhead

douglastroop's Avatar


douglastroop
12.15.2011 , 01:14 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by N2-H0 View Post
Hello,

We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing this problem.
Thank you for having reported this issue.
If you have not yet tried the following troubleshooting steps, please do so and let us know if your issue is resolved!
  • Close any and all applications running in the background.
  • Turn down the in-game graphic settings.
  • Change the settings to favour performance over quality if you are using a third party graphic management software.
  • Turning off “bloom" in the graphic options in game.
  • Turning shadows off and shaders low.
  • Update your drivers.
If you do not notice a change after having tried the options listed,
can you please reply to these question here in this topic please :
  • Graphic card used :
  • Driver version:
  • Use of a CrossFire system: Yes/No
  • Drop of FPS in the confined spaces (buildings/ships): Yes/No
  • Server name:
Thank you.
[*] Graphic card used : ATI Radeon HD 3200
[*] Driver version: 8.17
[*] Use of a CrossFire system: No
[*] Drop of FPS in the confined spaces (buildings/ships): Yes It only goes down in confined spaces. I never had this problem in the beta tests but now its just insane.
[*] Server name: Bondar Crystal
For every man there is a cause for which he will gladly die for,
Defend the right to have a place to which he can belong to,
And every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation,
And shed his blood to stem the tide to barricade invasion.

QoYoTe's Avatar


QoYoTe
12.15.2011 , 05:44 AM | #15
You guys should check this thread out. Solved a problem with Radeon cards giving low fps. Hope it works out <3

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...t=22757&page=1

Flamingtable's Avatar


Flamingtable
12.15.2011 , 07:00 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by QoYoTe View Post
You guys should check this thread out. Solved a problem with Radeon cards giving low fps. Hope it works out <3

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...t=22757&page=1
I appreciate your willingness to assist but that fix is only for people with chipsets.

Dejix's Avatar


Dejix
12.15.2011 , 02:09 PM | #17
Add me to the list of grumbling people. FPS was perfect during beta. Now I can't do anything in confined spaces. I'm talking low fps and lagging controls.
  • Graphic card used : ATI Radeon HD 4650
  • Driver version: Catalyst 11.12
  • Use of a CrossFire system: No
  • Drop of FPS in the confined spaces (buildings/ships): Yes! Unplayable indoors but perfect outdoors.
  • Server name: Jung Ma

Masonox's Avatar


Masonox
12.15.2011 , 03:12 PM | #18
game is almost unplayable, and warzones are even worse.

Graphic card used : EVGA 275 GTX
Driver version: Nivida 285.62
Use of a CrossFire system: No
Drop of FPS in the confined spaces (buildings/ships): Warzones are just horrible, Cities are horrible, open spaces are ok, but still "feels" sluggish, even if my fps says 30 or 40
Server name: Jung Ma

I have tried lowering all graphics to the lowest, rasing them, shadows off, bloom off, and all back on, windowed mode, full screen. You name it I have tried it. For me it seems almost a 50 precent drop in FPS since beta. Also it seems my whole system runs sluggishly after playing.
Remembers the . I was there.

Flamingtable's Avatar


Flamingtable
12.15.2011 , 05:25 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Masonox View Post
game is almost unplayable, and warzones are even worse.

Graphic card used : EVGA 275 GTX
Driver version: Nivida 285.62
Use of a CrossFire system: No
Drop of FPS in the confined spaces (buildings/ships): Warzones are just horrible, Cities are horrible, open spaces are ok, but still "feels" sluggish, even if my fps says 30 or 40
Server name: Jung Ma

I have tried lowering all graphics to the lowest, rasing them, shadows off, bloom off, and all back on, windowed mode, full screen. You name it I have tried it. For me it seems almost a 50 precent drop in FPS since beta. Also it seems my whole system runs sluggishly after playing.
Warzones are bad for me as well

Cuirlayne's Avatar


Cuirlayne
12.15.2011 , 06:38 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by N2-H0 View Post
Hello,

We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing this problem.
Thank you for having reported this issue.
If you have not yet tried the following troubleshooting steps, please do so and let us know if your issue is resolved!
  • Close any and all applications running in the background.
  • Turn down the in-game graphic settings.
  • Change the settings to favour performance over quality if you are using a third party graphic management software.
  • Turning off “bloom" in the graphic options in game.
  • Turning shadows off and shaders low.
  • Update your drivers.
If you do not notice a change after having tried the options listed,
can you please reply to these question here in this topic please :
  • Graphic card used :
  • Driver version:
  • Use of a CrossFire system: Yes/No
  • Drop of FPS in the confined spaces (buildings/ships): Yes/No
  • Server name:
Thank you.
Graphic card used: Radeon HD 4600
Driver Version: 8.92-1111o9a-129966C-ATI
Use of crossfire system: Erm... dunno what that is
Drop in FPS in confined spaces: Yes!
Server Name: The Shadowlands