Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hey, Republicans, do you know from who our station is nammed ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Hey, Republicans, do you know from who our station is nammed ?

Meira_Arirai
01.31.2012 , 01:28 PM | #11
There's a bonus for KotOR fans: you get to see characters from the games about ten years previous. For example, you get an idea of why Carth is well-known and highly-respected, and what kind of guy he was before Malak and Karath kicked his pupp...I mean glassed his homeworld.
Massani Legacy, Ebon Hawk
More early Star Wars geekery at KotOR/SWtOR

Midasear
01.31.2012 , 02:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
Zayne Carrick ... is not a very good Jedi skill wise, but he have one skill sorely lacking in others : ability to compromise.
I've got the first 8 volumes of his adventures sitting on the nightstand next to my bed. Probably my favorite EU character.

His real force power, of course, is that he is the epicenter of an epic vortex of highly improbable, unpleasant coincidences and terri-bad luck. And the consequences ultimately hit the bad guys even harder than they hit him and his pals.

I never noticed Carrick Station's name before. Awesome. Wonder what he did to be remembered?

BlackLotus
01.31.2012 , 02:15 PM | #13
I was kinda sad that there was no codex entry for the Carrick Station, but if you look at the malaxy map and click on carrick station without traveling there. you can read that it was a rather resiliant station named after the equally resiliant republic hero. I think we have yet to see or read what made Zayne a hero of the republic, maybe it will be covered in the new mini series. The issue came out 11th of january it called KOTOR: War
"Alone a Jedi is strong. But together we are stronger." ―Master Sazen

Marani:Torment

Angedechu
01.31.2012 , 03:34 PM | #14
Sorry for the confusion, BTW, but how else call people following the Republic ?

Progath
01.31.2012 , 04:54 PM | #15
Zayne is one of my favorite characters in Star Wars. I play Empire so I was unaware of your fleet's name. I am tots jelly.

Also: As far as I remember Carth was the only notable Republic officers aware of Zayne's deeds... so why does he get a station named after him? His was a more personal story.

Angedechu
01.31.2012 , 08:48 PM | #16
Maybe Zayne did really heroic stuff in KOTOR War (the new series)

Maybe also he got lionized because the republic needed BADLY heroes (like in KOTOR Comics, where Marn and his Trandoshean become war heroes for saving a troop transport on Serocco, while in fact the whole fleet except one shuttle was wasted and the ground forces nuked...and got war movies made about them)

BlackLotus
01.31.2012 , 11:38 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
Maybe Zayne did really heroic stuff in KOTOR War (the new series)

Maybe also he got lionized because the republic needed BADLY heroes (like in KOTOR Comics, where Marn and his Trandoshean become war heroes for saving a troop transport on Serocco, while in fact the whole fleet except one shuttle was wasted and the ground forces nuked...and got war movies made about them)
That is so something Marn would try to exploit
"Alone a Jedi is strong. But together we are stronger." ―Master Sazen

Marani:Torment

Angedechu
02.01.2012 , 01:17 PM | #18
He did. The last scene in the comic.