Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM: Soa - Tank Mind Trapped; Cyclone person targeted by Ball Lightning; etc

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
HM: Soa - Tank Mind Trapped; Cyclone person targeted by Ball Lightning; etc

alexishomer
01.31.2012 , 12:49 PM | #31
That's the point, the whole issue of the encounter here is this fight is YMMV.

Some people may not see any of the issues. Some people may see all of the them, in one encounter.
level 50 operative + armstech... it's like, why am i still here?

anchorhead - awakening - us east - pvp

Cirrusstrafe
01.31.2012 , 09:35 PM | #32
I can confirm it occurs in 8 man normal too, not just hard.

Everything mentioned in OPs post happened tonight. We gave up after the second hour.

Jandi
01.31.2012 , 09:59 PM | #33
If the tank gets mind trapped, a dps sin can taunt and use deflection until the tank gets freed so while annoying, you can overcome it. Of course, that requires an assassin dps on the group so if you're running with a sin tank... ehhh.

There is also the issue that, when you get thrown around, you can land on someones lightning ball which, in hard mode, will kill you without anything that can be done. When this person is a healer, you can just exit area because you will wipe 90% of the time as getting a combat res in time before someone else needs healing is VERY unlikely.

This encounter is just terrible design, not because it's hard, but because it's COMPLETELY random. We got him to 6%, only to have a pylon dropped on him not destroy his shield. Do you have ANY idea what that does to morale?

Arngrims
02.01.2012 , 06:25 AM | #34
or, you can do like that happened to us and bouth offtank and main tank got mindtrapped same time, or getting on the falling floor phase, killing with the others in group and then die falling screaming blody words.

the boss hmm... dont know what its named, but the area of the boss distance is so huge that you cannot charge the boss even you see the range on your character vs the boss is saying 20m and still you cant charge or using your saber throw as its counted its to close for this.

but this problem i seen on most bosses with big animation, seems the targeting range vs actualy attack range is totaly fubared, you cant see the red ring around a boss like you can see with a normal mob so you dont know how far you actualy need to be as if you target the mind traps thats closer than the boss you still can charge and use your saber throws.
KAJIDIC
BLACK MANTIS CREW
WEBSITE l VIDEO l SWOOPY SNACKS
"PvP Is Our Business"

exphryl
02.01.2012 , 11:14 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Xanxari View Post
The Lightning balls.... to charge them so they explode or run to them fast so they explode.... is not a sulution in nightmare mode and not a way to handle the incounter

they oneshot players in nightmare
So what would you recommend is more efficient?

Since they don't despawn and keep adding up if you don't run in to them?

Daovin
02.01.2012 , 11:27 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabutopps View Post
tank mind-trapped, resulting in boss hitting/killing random peopl
- This is 100% intended, no different then someone pulling aggro off the tank and the raid getting out of control from there. If your DPS don't allow a small window for aggro gain or pull him during the fight you will run into this problem. This will happen A LOT in phase 2 if your DPS don't allow your tank a couple seconds for aggro. I know every second of DPS counts but...come on...

The tank will get mindtrapped, one way or another. (most aggravating is Phase 3)

The problem arises when the tank gets mindtraped while still having aggro on boss, this causes the boss to continue to target tank while tank is inside said mind trap, the boss then de-spawns as it cannot see it's target.
"They come, marching, believing themselves equal to the army of ancients that chained me. But I am not of their time."
―The Infernal One

Canarith
02.01.2012 , 12:11 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Keii View Post
The only bug-fix I saw for Eternity Vault was the Gharj bug where you just randomly die running back after a wipe.
To be fair, the Infernal Council thing is not a bug.....if it heals or helps anyone else in the op in any way, it's gonna cause that. This is not a bug. Simply don't use that ability. The fight is very easy, even without it.

The biggest issue I have had is the tank getting mind trapped right at the beginning of the 30% to 0% phase and us missing the first shield break due to that. It happened 3 times last night, with us finally killing even even through the 3rd time.

The final bug on that run was the fact that AFTER Soa was dead, we were still stuck in combat and unable to res dead ppl.

Nessirin
02.01.2012 , 12:22 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Valan View Post
Tank getting mind-trapped is an intended behavior I'm pretty sure. It's an incentive to bring 2 tanks, or just have a melee DPS taunt him and pop cooldowns in the meantime while you break the tank free
This. After palace, we just bring the offtank to EV with us as well. It makes zero difference, and we don't even come close to enrages. If you're doing hm's you shouldn't have a problem having one less deeps.

The rest though,yeah,very annoying during the fight. Especially the grab on the lightning ball'ed person.

Also, phases.

Risingstars
02.01.2012 , 12:37 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Canarith View Post
To be fair, the Infernal Council thing is not a bug.....if it heals or helps anyone else in the op in any way, it's gonna cause that. This is not a bug. Simply don't use that ability. The fight is very easy, even without it.

The biggest issue I have had is the tank getting mind trapped right at the beginning of the 30% to 0% phase and us missing the first shield break due to that. It happened 3 times last night, with us finally killing even even through the 3rd time.

The final bug on that run was the fact that AFTER Soa was dead, we were still stuck in combat and unable to res dead ppl.
Bring an OT! HM Soa is not solo tankable, you should always have an emergency tank for phase 2 & 3. Now this emergency tank doesn't have to be in full tank spec or even in full tank gear, just make sure your healers are on the ball and get your MT out ASAP, but this OT should be able to tank for a long time and even a couple weakened states if needed be since Soa doesn't do that much damage in P2/3.

Also he will de-spawn if he tries to mind trap a dead player. So keeping everyone alive in P3 is paramount.
Risingstar <Goof Troop> Vanguard
Hyperspace Canon

Wolfgang
02.01.2012 , 12:59 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Risingstars View Post
Bring an OT! HM Soa is not solo tankable, you should always have an emergency tank for phase 2 & 3. Now this emergency tank doesn't have to be in full tank spec or even in full tank gear, just make sure your healers are on the ball and get your MT out ASAP, but this OT should be able to tank for a long time and even a couple weakened states if needed be since Soa doesn't do that much damage in P2/3.

Also he will de-spawn if he tries to mind trap a dead player. So keeping everyone alive in P3 is paramount.
When he resets it is because of swtiching aggro and mindtrapping the main boss. To solve this the main tank is the only one that hold aggro. This fixed worked for me.
And I belive for the dead characters not being able to be rezd after the fight. What we did is let the group loot, then we released and came back into the encounter and we were able to loot.
"Even though the course may change sometimes rivers always reach the sea." -Robert Plant

Squadron 11-11-11 *Never Forget*