Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2 keys, 1 account

pixaloop
12.14.2011 , 10:06 PM | #1
Do i need to create multiple accounts for each key I buy or can I just add all the keys i bought to my one account?

Antola
12.14.2011 , 10:09 PM | #2
I have the same question essentially. I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition months ago but recently cancelled that order. I have now purchased the Digital version but have been invited to early release with the old pre-order code. Will I be able to attach the actual game cope to the old pre-order account or will I have to create a new one?

pixaloop
12.14.2011 , 10:13 PM | #3
hopefully we can get some love and have someone respond

KurganNazzir
12.14.2011 , 10:16 PM | #4
If you're talking about pre-order codes, you can only enter one as that is all you need.

Sorry, forgot to answer about the game code. The game code you will just attach to your account. Pre-order code only tells the system that you pre-ordered, it doesn't know which version because that is what the game code is for.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

pixaloop
12.14.2011 , 10:18 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
If you're talking about pre-order codes, you can only enter one as that is all you need.
Kurgan, what if I bought two pre-order keys for me and my spouse? Or me and my child? I don't need to create 2 accounts do I?

LawLessOne
12.14.2011 , 10:21 PM | #6
Each person needs their own account. However each person needs only one account.

KurganNazzir
12.14.2011 , 10:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by pixaloop View Post
Kurgan, what if I bought two pre-order keys for me and my spouse? Or me and my child? I don't need to create 2 accounts do I?
Yes, if you want your family member to have their own game account (which I assume you do or you wouldn't have bought two copies of the game) then you need to create a second account and use the second pre-order code on it.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

stumpyD
12.14.2011 , 10:23 PM | #8
this is a email i got back from the support team for the same question

Greetings stumpyD,

I am Protocol Droid G2-J9 of Human-Cyborg relations, I have received your transmission.

I can confirm that you will not need to change the pre order code as this code will give you early access, all you will need to do is input the code you receive with the game when it goes life to activate your account after early access

Galactic support is our specialty…
Sincerely,

Protocol Droid G2-J9, (aka George)
Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service
Don't forget to have FUN!

pixaloop
12.14.2011 , 10:50 PM | #9
Confirmed with Customer Support:

Every pre-order code needs its own account.

How efficient.

stumpyD
12.14.2011 , 11:01 PM | #10
you should edit you question to say " i have to copes of the game, in order to play them will i need one account or 2?"
Don't forget to have FUN!