Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Formula's for Character Stats, Damage and Healing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Formula's for Character Stats, Damage and Healing

TheRabbit
01.27.2012 , 01:34 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Garagolth View Post
I'm a little confused by this. The OP specifically says that weapon damage is not included in force or tech abilities, but many of these abilities have an AmountModifierPercent. When I include weapon damage with the ability, the damage seems too high in comparison to the tooltip or my other abilities, but when I don't include the weapon, the damage seems too low. Is it possible that this modifier applies to something else for force and tech abilities?
Well, as I showed in my post the skill Ion Pulse specifically has a weapon damage modifier in it's attributes, wheras the skill Assault Plastique does not list a weapon damage modifier. Which leads me to believe that some Tech/Force skills do use weapon damage to modify the total damage, and some don't.

However, from my calculations on Ion Pulse they seem fairly accurate as far as damage range is concerned if I completely leave out the weapon damage addition. My calculations show damage range to be 740-867 before talents with my equipment, and my talents add an additional 4% damage bonus to elemental attacks. I regularly see Ion pulse doing something like 800-900 damage in game. So the calculation seems fairly accurate.

acnoj
01.31.2012 , 11:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRabbit View Post
1) Now, for the DamageBonus part. I assume that because this is a Ranged Weapon damage attack, we ignore the tech bonus, and just look at the aim and power bonus. Yes?

2) Ok, now lets look at another ability, Ion Pulse (Tech, Elemental Damage).
AmountModifierPercent = 0.01

3) Are all my calculations above correct?

4) For example, Assault Plastique (http://www.torhead.com/ability/eDDet...ault-plastique). For the lookup table, would it count as a level 1 skill?
1) Correct, Tech power only applies to Tech attacks.

2) Tech attacks never use AmountModifierPercent or Weapon Damage. They may have a AmountModifierPercent value, and it's often 0.01, but it's not used.

3) A good way to check to see if you're getting it right is to see if you can calculate your tooltip values. When you can get those 100% accurate you can then apply damage reduction from armor, expertise, etc.

4) Abilities from the skill trees use your characters level for the lookup table.
There was a bug, not sure if it's still in effect, that caused the tooltips of those attacks to use the level the ability becomes available, but the actual damage used the correct level. So you if you calculate the damage of these attacks you may find them doing more damage than the tooltip indicates.
A.K.A Freehugs (mmo-mechanics forums), Aid (Dalbora server)
Drawn and Dangerous, a D&D webcomic

TheRabbit
02.01.2012 , 10:36 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by acnoj View Post
1) Correct, Tech power only applies to Tech attacks.

2) Tech attacks never use AmountModifierPercent or Weapon Damage. They may have a AmountModifierPercent value, and it's often 0.01, but it's not used.

3) A good way to check to see if you're getting it right is to see if you can calculate your tooltip values. When you can get those 100% accurate you can then apply damage reduction from armor, expertise, etc.

4) Abilities from the skill trees use your characters level for the lookup table.
There was a bug, not sure if it's still in effect, that caused the tooltips of those attacks to use the level the ability becomes available, but the actual damage used the correct level. So you if you calculate the damage of these attacks you may find them doing more damage than the tooltip indicates.
Thanks for the clarifications! That helps my calculations out a lot.
-Caevis Azareal - 50 Vanguard Trooper - Iron Citadel

Gankstah
02.01.2012 , 10:38 AM | #24
My only question is... what happened to your old account?

acnoj
02.05.2012 , 03:00 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Gankstah View Post
My only question is... what happened to your old account?
I entered my pre-order code into this account about 3 months before making the Freehugs one, and you can no longer post with an account that hasn't been activated.

Yazule
02.08.2012 , 11:43 AM | #26
subscribed
Remember this: Noobs have the most fun, they gain joy from things you disdain. They find value in that you find worthless. At the end of the day they have more fun per hour than any elitist I have ever known.

Kinvalar
02.08.2012 , 03:16 PM | #27
I'm trying to make sense of the formula here and figured I would plug different skills in to help figure it out, but I can't get it to give proper results for Mortar Volley.

On my character's tooltip at 49 Mortar Volley is 3303-3681. At 3 ticks that is 1101-1227 damage. His Tech Damage Bonus is 395. Standard Health Lookup table shows 1575 for a skill trained at 49, which rank 6 of Mortar Volley was.

Using the formula:

Coefficient * DamageBonus + StandardHealthPercentMin * StandardHealth
Coefficient * DamageBonus + StandardHealthPercentMax * StandardHealth

.. with Torhead readout of
SpellDamage: SpellType=>Tech, StandardHealthPercentMin=>0.128, Slot=>None, Coefficient=>1.58, StandardHealthPercentMax=>0.188, DamageType=>Kinetic

I took it to be:

1.58 * 395 + 0.128 * 1575 = 825.7
1.58 * 395 + 0.188 * 1575 = 920.2

825.7-920.2 using calculator vs 1101-1227 judging tooltip.

Am I messing up somewhere?
Squadron 11-11-11

Never Forget

acnoj
02.09.2012 , 11:48 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinvalar View Post
1.58 * 395 + 0.128 * 1575 = 825.7
1.58 * 395 + 0.188 * 1575 = 920.2

825.7-920.2 using calculator vs 1101-1227 judging tooltip.

Am I messing up somewhere?
Well it's probably not a coincidence that your numbers are low by exactly a 3rd, so I'd start there. Perhaps it's 4 ticks instead of 3?

Aidank
02.10.2012 , 12:49 AM | #29
Op is an attractive person and has many friends.
Quote: Originally Posted by HileyQuiggley View Post
Nerf Grav Round are you serious? What else could we possibly do after that?

Kinvalar
02.10.2012 , 02:27 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by acnoj View Post
Well it's probably not a coincidence that your numbers are low by exactly a 3rd, so I'd start there. Perhaps it's 4 ticks instead of 3?
Can state with absolute certainty that Mortar Volley only ever does 3 ticks of damage. Also, the formula damage more accurately estimates my damage once you account for mitigation.
Squadron 11-11-11

Never Forget