Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode bosses need mechanics not unfairness

mArchangel
02.01.2012 , 09:37 AM | #1
I have given up!

Enrage=Boss damage increase only=BAD design

Enrage=Boss introduces new mechanics(stuns, needs to be kited etc.)=interesting challenge

Sorry I cannot get it any simpler, so that all of you EPIC players with lack of understanding grasp it.
If all of you flamers would just for once unplug and think about it we would have no argument at all.

BioWare needs to improve challenge, not 1 shots. Period.

IT'S NOT ABOUT IT BEING EASIER, IT'S ABOUT IT BEING BETTER AND MORE FUN!!!!!

Bye
'If all children would mature according to early indications, the world would be full of geniuses.' - J.W. v.Goethe

ckoneful
02.01.2012 , 09:39 AM | #2
I haven't had issues with any of the enrage timers in HM FPs once we knew the boss tactics. Also, the best don't come on the forums in a nerd rage over not having enough DPS where others have had plenty of DPS to do it countless times.

PS: Tell your DPS to step it up.

EDIT: Oh, and my group was clearing HM FPs in 124 level stuff, since we were all daily gear/champion mixed.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

Kahoki
02.01.2012 , 09:42 AM | #3
The only issue I have seen with the HM on the IMP (Ops, not FP) is Soa in EV. Those invisble lightning balls. That needs to be fixed.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."----Benjiman Franklin

Lethality
02.01.2012 , 09:44 AM | #4
C'Thun is that you?
Interested in a Mac version of TOR? Show your support here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=683591

ltankhsd
02.01.2012 , 09:45 AM | #5
The only HM boss that's routinely worked our butts has been the Sith Entity bonus boss in HM False Emperor. We're still building our gear up but geez when that final entity spawns he automatically enrages and kicks our butts.

ckoneful
02.01.2012 , 09:46 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ltankhsd View Post
The only HM boss that's routinely worked our butts has been the Sith Entity bonus boss in HM False Emperor. We're still building our gear up but geez when that final entity spawns he automatically enrages and kicks our butts.
Coming from a tank POV, your tank HAS to know how to chain CDs and LoS. The lightning also has to be interrupted IMMEDIATELY.

ltankhsd
02.01.2012 , 09:48 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
Coming from a tank POV, your tank HAS to know how to chain CDs and LoS. The lightning also has to be interrupted IMMEDIATELY.
I am the tank. We do interrupt but the thing that gets us the most is his PBAOE knockback. That hurts when he's enraged. As far as I can see there's no way to predict when he will do it unless I am missing something.

ihateyouall
02.01.2012 , 09:49 AM | #8
Stop wiping and start killing
I HATE YOU

Loendar
02.01.2012 , 09:52 AM | #9
Enrage timers are a worthless and lazy way to design content in any game. Either I can kill the mob with my group, or I can't. Why should it matter how long it takes me to accomplish my goal? Dead is dead.

I'm from EQ2 and that mechanic, while it does exist on some of the higher end content, is used as an obvious timer mechanic and doesn't just wipe you but starts ramping up the difficulty while leaving you a chance if you start executing well.

Enrage timers shouldn't exist in any fashion - they aren't fun, they aren't challenging and they bring nothing to the event. Pure Dev Lazy.

ckoneful
02.01.2012 , 09:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ltankhsd View Post
I am the tank. We do interrupt but the thing that gets us the most is his PBAOE knockback. That hurts when he's enraged. As far as I can see there's no way to predict when he will do it unless I am missing something.
I haven't noticed any way to avoid it, but that shouldn't be killing anyone. The healer should have enough time to heal everybody up since he shouldn't get to do a 2nd PBAoE.