Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Star wars Movie legacy


KallaMan's Avatar


KallaMan
02.01.2012 , 09:18 AM | #11
yea i've liked the clone war cartoon so far. it's really good, Star Wars: Underworld sounds like it'll deal with bounty hunters and such. like a side story, i just hope there are jedi in it of course, and Vader. wouldn't it be nice to see vader to some fast saber moves lol... but yea he could do ALOT with the old republic seeing how 3000 years haven't been used yet. and we don't kno how the true sith race was extermnated only that they vanished 1000 yrs prior to the phantom menace. so yea he could something. But GL did say that if he made a sequel trilogy, it would have been just made up. STAR WARS IS MADE UP! so i feel there is something behind George Lucas' claim to the Star Wars franchise, just my opinion.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.01.2012 , 09:30 AM | #12
There are thousands of books/games/novels/comics....what more do you want? At this point its almost not worth making anymore movies, because then a lot of stuff is gonna be switched and turned upside down.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Wheezal's Avatar


Wheezal
02.01.2012 , 11:03 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Alohen View Post
Body Type 4 is just stupid for all Classes, maybe except for Smugglers, the only thing they're smugglin' is cake

awesome

KallaMan's Avatar


KallaMan
02.02.2012 , 02:12 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
There are thousands of books/games/novels/comics....what more do you want? At this point its almost not worth making anymore movies, because then a lot of stuff is gonna be switched and turned upside down.
yes there are books and comics but like GL said, anything beyond the 6 episodes is "made up" meaning it doesn't happen. so if he were to make a sequel trilogy, all of those books and comics would go down the drain being meaningless to continue. that may be an added reason to him not doing the sequel trilogy. and fans rather see a star wars movie or show any day rather than read a book. but your point is fair, plus the star wars timeline seems to be going backwards than forwards. It would seem the further the franchise goes back in time, the better it gets.

Liamo's Avatar


Liamo
02.02.2012 , 05:14 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by KallaMan View Post
yes there are books and comics but like GL said, anything beyond the 6 episodes is "made up" meaning it doesn't happen. so if he were to make a sequel trilogy, all of those books and comics would go down the drain being meaningless to continue. that may be an added reason to him not doing the sequel trilogy. and fans rather see a star wars movie or show any day rather than read a book. but your point is fair, plus the star wars timeline seems to be going backwards than forwards. It would seem the further the franchise goes back in time, the better it gets.
We definitely do not need a Star Trek situation where, us fans, have wasted the last 35 years to have it all be erased.
IMO, if Lucas wants Star Wars to last, he needs to respect what he's allowed others to do, for the most part.
I mean, things like "The glove of Darth Vader" can be dis-guarded but when you have let people write entire histories-with approval of your company-to just throw it all away and tell your fans "screw you. I got your money, now I'll make all that you bought worthless to have read, listened to, watched and played."

KallaMan's Avatar


KallaMan
02.02.2012 , 03:43 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Liamo View Post
We definitely do not need a Star Trek situation where, us fans, have wasted the last 35 years to have it all be erased.
IMO, if Lucas wants Star Wars to last, he needs to respect what he's allowed others to do, for the most part.
I mean, things like "The glove of Darth Vader" can be dis-guarded but when you have let people write entire histories-with approval of your company-to just throw it all away and tell your fans "screw you. I got your money, now I'll make all that you bought worthless to have read, listened to, watched and played."
i know what you mean, and thats WHY i feel he won't do the sequel anyway because of all those strories and such. but like i said earlier, it seems the further they go back in the timeline the better it gets. plus a new 6 chapter saga in the old republic arc could be a good movie idea because it is known that the sith were destroyed a 1000 yrs prior to the events of episode 1. He could tell of how the "True Sith" vanished the events that led to the races extinction. Those sith known in the 1-6 story aren't "True Sith". The sith were a race of powerful force users and one has not been seen in the movies yet.

KallaMan's Avatar


KallaMan
02.02.2012 , 03:56 PM | #17
note: I stand corrected about the details on the demise of the "True Sith" as they were annihilated in the Seventh Battle of Ruusan 1000 BBY. only one survived and that was Darth Bane. thus the 1000 year plan to destroy the jedi was put into action. But even so i think there is much to experiment with in the old republic for there is still 2600 yrs of histroy that can be used before they hit the events of the Old Republic game

crazysam's Avatar


crazysam
02.02.2012 , 09:19 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by OutOfSight View Post
I would be cool to see Han and Luke again, in their twilight days. (Still played by their respective actors)
I can only hope.
They are far too old!!!

KallaMan's Avatar


KallaMan
02.05.2012 , 05:37 PM | #19
yea definitely too old. but really was wrong with george lucas remaking the original trilogy? Die- hard fans say not to but thats old ppl who were around during those times. I say remake the originals, it's not like it's gonna hurt lol

areto's Avatar


areto
02.05.2012 , 09:12 PM | #20
It's sad that people see body type 4 as somehow inferior physcially because it has a lot of weight on it, roll one of those guys and take off his shirt. They're massively strong and stocky as much muscle as fat.
“People speak sometimes about the "bestial" cruelty of man, but that is terribly unjust and offensive to beasts, no animal could ever be so cruel as a man, so artfully, so artistically cruel.”