Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just answer me already.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Shroudfreeze
12.14.2011 , 10:23 PM | #1
I'm getting quite frustrated with all of this. I've updated my laptop upgraded it even and all I get everytime I try to play this game is screens like this http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...Untitled-3.png I had this same problem during the beta and no one can seem to explain it and I haven't seen a thread on this kind of issue. If someone can please tell me why this is that would be awesome but as it stand I have no idea why I should still have this game preordered if I can't even play the finished product. Thank you in advance.

Smaois
12.14.2011 , 10:25 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Shroudfreeze View Post
I'm getting quite frustrated with all of this. I've updated my laptop upgraded it even and all I get everytime I try to play this game is screens like this http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...Untitled-3.png I had this same problem during the beta and no one can seem to explain it and I haven't seen a thread on this kind of issue. If someone can please tell me why this is that would be awesome but as it stand I have no idea why I should still have this game preordered if I can't even play the finished product. Thank you in advance.
Greetings All,

In order to assist us investigating this issue, please post your DxDiag here.

Before you post it, please remove your PC Name from the DxDiag.

Please post the DxDiag within code tags or spoiler tags

Go to Start menu:
  1. Type dxdiag into the Search/Run box
  2. Select the "Save All Information" button
  3. This will create a dxdiag.txt file(Please remove your PC Name before posting)

Thank you for your assistance.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

xDarthAgonyX
12.14.2011 , 10:25 PM | #3
looks like a graphics card problem you might want to just get a new card sry buddy thats as much as i can tell you
░▒▓▓▌╞Crimson Legion╡▐▓▓▒░

Rulyen
12.14.2011 , 10:26 PM | #4
There was a thread on this issue posted no more than 15 minutes ago. A CS rep reported its related to an unsupported Intel Media Chip or something similar. They suggested updating your graphics driver, and to contact the manufacturer if you cannot do so.
. Fear teh Beta Pixel!

Royalwcheese
12.14.2011 , 10:26 PM | #5
I had an issue sorta like that when I was on beta and had an older computer and a crappy video card... when my card got hot it would make lines like that.

Do you use a cooler for your computer or is it running hot?
Everyone dies... but since no one has paid me to kill you... sleep well. -Boba Fett

Shroudfreeze
12.14.2011 , 10:28 PM | #6
Spoiler
That would make no sense I took it to a shop after giving them this games specs this machine is built to graphically render models I make anyways so graphics shouldn't be an issue If that is the issue that's just plain pointless then I don't make enough money to upgrade this AND pour tons of money into the game itself. My computer doesnt get hot no. But I've tried running it on a fan anyways and it changed nothing. I didn't see any thread like that but the rate these threads go it's no wonder. I'd been looking for days figures when I go to post that would happen lol.

xDarthAgonyX
12.14.2011 , 10:30 PM | #7
looks like a graphics card problem you might want to just get a new card sry buddy thats as much as i can tell you
░▒▓▓▌╞Crimson Legion╡▐▓▓▒░

doomwillow
12.14.2011 , 10:31 PM | #8
Uhhh... 64MB video might be an issue...

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

ATI X1800 or better
nVidia 7800 or better
Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

Rulyen
12.14.2011 , 10:31 PM | #9
I'm not a computer expert, but looking at your Diag, your media driver may be outdated. Like I said in my last post, someone else reported this issue, reinstalled the newest drivers for the chip, and reported the game running fine afterward.
. Fear teh Beta Pixel!

Shroudfreeze
12.14.2011 , 10:33 PM | #10
Shrug it's not a big deal I mean like I said I didn't see it been looking for days on info. This laptop is barely a year old and I dont got the money to upgrade my chip or take it for an upgrade shrug oh well. More money in my pocket. I just took it in and the screwed up I'm not taking it back. I dont care that much about this game.