Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All you out there with problems

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
All you out there with problems

Sevenshots
12.14.2011 , 09:57 PM | #1
Whether its black screen problems, game crash problems, exiting problems or In game problems, the only real fix is BW.

They should be hot fixing all of these things and they are not. Everyone is running around with their heads cut off throwing out suggestions.

So far Ive seen
MEMORY LEAK (uncontrollable)
'OUT OF RANGE' message (default refresh rate at 85mhz problem)
Editing files with notepad,
setting Video card performance to high for swotr,
downloading a missing file that the launcher wont update,
Disabling sound drivers to fix sound loop,
turning off shadows and bloom and setting gfx options to LOW,
Downloading Quicktime (WEIRDest one ive seen)
updating literally everything that has an UPDATE feature on your computer,

Doing a spell check on your 5th grade spelling bee exam,
pouring boiling hot bleach down your throat,

and the LIST GOES ON. ITS NOT OUR FAULT its theirs, instead of forcing ways to play the game, spend that energy and make BW EARN THEIR MONEY.

EDIT: ALL of this would NOT bother me so much if I could just see 1 POST FROM BW saying WE ARE WORKING TO ADRESS THESE ISSUES.

Have you guys seen one? Spot it out.

darth_thanatos
12.14.2011 , 10:03 PM | #2
I have thought it was rather peculiar that I've played some F2P MMO's that have encountered problems, and jumped at the chance to fix them.

But this is a P2P MMO. That and...you know... I was playing fine during beta.

Normally I'd be all preachin' Patience and to remain calm; but I only have so long as a 'free' Period. And I don't like wasting a dollar. So I'm somewhat disappointed to see my time being cut into do to something that seems so...hrk... minuscule.

I've tried any number of things aswell. It's somewhat ridiculous.

But in all honesty, patience is probably the best bet. Bioware is launching an MMO that they hope to sell millions of people on. This is a bumpy start; but it'll be far worse if things aren't fixed by the 20th. So...we have that deadline, atleast.

LawLessOne
12.14.2011 , 10:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sevenshots View Post
Whether its black screen problems, game crash problems, exiting problems or In game problems, the only real fix is BW.
Most of these problems can be caused by out-of-date video drivers. I didnt see that in your list so I would try that first to see if it fixes the problem. If it doent help then you have not lost anything but a few minutes of your time.

johngoforth
12.14.2011 , 10:07 PM | #4
I'm going to be patient. It's odd that I played fine during the beta and now my launcher isn't even working, but this is the way new launches go. I'll just play Skyrim in the meantime. It is a little annoying that I can't get into my early access, but that's not a major thing to me, anyway.

Sevenshots
12.14.2011 , 10:11 PM | #5
All this is acceptable for TESTING the game. The game was tested during beta and everyone who was in beta said it was great, and it was playable.

Here is what is not acceptable. Going BACKWARDS.

The beta is finished, the game client is released and you got 8x as many problems as you did then you had with BEtA. That to me is unacceptable. And I edited the post, with updates. Ive seen updates for drivers, windows, .net framework, C++..... This list goest on. and the more i find the more i will post. But the more I DO find the more ridiculous it will make all this look. For if those things are required of us, maybe they should brand them on the retail box, that way we know what were paying for?

Zinze
12.14.2011 , 10:16 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sevenshots View Post

They should be hot fixing all of these things and they are not. Everyone is running around with their heads cut off throwing out suggestions.

So far Ive seen
MEMORY LEAK (uncontrollable)
Editing files with notepad,
setting Video card performance to high for swotr,
downloading a missing file that the launcher wont update,
Disabling sound drivers to fix sound loop,
turning off shadows and bloom and setting gfx options to LOW,
Downloading Quicktime (WEIRDest one ive seen)
updating literally everything that has an UPDATE feature on your computer,

Doing a spell check on your 5th grade spelling bee exam,
pouring boiling hot bleach down your throat,

and the LIST GOES ON. ITS NOT OUR FAULT its theirs, instead of forcing ways to play the game, spend that energy and make BW EARN THEIR MONEY.
December 2011, just saying

Galadrian
12.14.2011 , 10:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LawLessOne View Post
Most of these problems can be caused by out-of-date video drivers. I didnt see that in your list so I would try that first to see if it fixes the problem. If it doent help then you have not lost anything but a few minutes of your time.
In some cases that's true an update will fix the issue. The problem is I and many others played the beta test weekends and had minor video issues that we had to fix by lowering our settings. But comes head start we go into the game to adjust these same video settings and they are gone. If my system was good enough for beta it should be fine for game play. Why make whole sale changes between a functioning beta test and release when none was needed.
Galarian

stumpyD
12.14.2011 , 10:20 PM | #8
**** happens my friend and we have to keep our heads up that it will be fixed soon because the ************ that everyone is doing ant helping the dev fix it. even if 10 people have say the same problem, it ant really the same because every computer is different in terms of whats up to date whats not, what video card it has and on and on. every case is different so make a report of the steps that led up to your problem and send it in and maybe that will do some good . also keep in mind that we were not going to to get to start EGA till the 15 so any thing that happens from now till launch is completely OK!
Don't forget to have FUN!

Sevenshots
12.14.2011 , 10:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Zinze View Post
December 2011, just saying
Sounds good, and next to just saying that you can just say how long they been working on a unplayable game title and still managed to draw money from pre orders from thousands of unsatisfied costumers. Launch day problems, Perfectly understood. This many Issues? UNREALISTIC. Man some of these low budget korean free to play games dont even screw it up this hard. Maybe start hiring them to do the dirty work?