Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I can't complete the download/installation of the game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
I can't complete the download/installation of the game

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jyork
12.13.2011 , 09:28 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by RaiethCrimson View Post
Sounds like you could have fualty RAM on your computer. Last time i had data corruption errors like this it was because one of my ram sticks was up the swanny.

Try running a memory diagnostic and see what it throws back at you. It doesnt take long too do (well certainly quicker than re downloading 15gb of data)
could be the issue for some .. but i did this as i have a friend who is a tech and he talked me thru it over the phone .. this did not solve my issue ... perhaps it will someone else but I suspect that isn't the issue unfortunately
Joesho/Olevott/Olander/Sura

Gazzzenn
12.13.2011 , 09:29 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by TouchMyCookie View Post
Where is the memory diagnostic tool? Reason I ask is, you are not the first person to say RAM was an issue that caused this problem.
i've recently changed my ram, about 4 days ago now.

checked it yesterday no problems.

ran memtest 4.10 10 passes no issues.

ran it for all sticks individually with no problems coming up either.

could be the problem for some but i don't think everyone is having the same issue there.

Atarr-
12.13.2011 , 09:34 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by RaiethCrimson View Post
Sounds like you could have fualty RAM on your computer. Last time i had data corruption errors like this it was because one of my ram sticks was up the swanny.

Try running a memory diagnostic and see what it throws back at you. It doesnt take long too do (well certainly quicker than re downloading 15gb of data)
Well that ain't the case for me at least, had faulty RAM before and I've upgraded my RAM recently and ran several memtests after installing with no errors.

Pseudolo
12.13.2011 , 09:35 AM | #74
Bumpity Bump! To many whiners about early access!

jyork
12.13.2011 , 09:35 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Gazzzenn View Post
ye i can't keep downloading the main asset 1 file, takes to long...about 2 hours and frankly i need my bandwidth for other things, this is really interfering with my work now.

i don't know why it wants to redownload the main asset 1 when it crashes on main asset 17, there is a problem somewhere in the launcher/updater for some systems it seems.

i'm wondering if their is something common with the people involved, maybe a system change or hardware similarity.
I thought the same when i saw someone had a radeon card .... as do I .. but then someone else had Nvidia .. and i see tooo many hardware differences to think this.

I then thought it was driver updates but i'm a driver nerd . i always update my drivers. I'd blame flash plug in as i've had all kinds of issues since that updated to version 11 .. however i believe i had already updated to 11 when i successfully installed the beta the first time.

My issues started at the end of my first beta ... my launcher just quit appearing and i had to delete the entire software and restart ... since then i'v enot been able to get past main assets 1.

The double piss of is I know the game is very good as I played it ... and now i have launcher issues ... I'd be a lot more appreciative of efforts if:

1. Customer Service had not closed every ticket with the excuse the beta weekend was over when this issue has affected 100s if not 1000s of people so far.
2. Actually cared to Update us with a "we are aware of the issue, and are working 24/7 until we find the issue".

I realize its not the 15th so i'm appreciative of bumping up the early access but it sounds to me like the launcher issue is going to take a back seat to anyone who is in game having a game issue from there .... and thats dissapointing to me. Some 9yo loses a color crystal in inventory wil likely be more important than the launcher ROFL
Joesho/Olevott/Olander/Sura

Pseudolo
12.13.2011 , 09:38 AM | #76
We must keep posting! When we reach 100+ posts, a GM will close the thread because it's becamo to big, and maybe in doing so he'll notice we have a problem going on here!

JovethGonzalez
12.13.2011 , 09:38 AM | #77 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by TouchMyCookie View Post
I am also in Canada, same exact problem I got an email from customer service they told me to delete the following files:

assets_swtor_en_us.version

assets_swtor_main.version

assets_swtor_test.main.version

assets_swtor_test_en_us.version

but i can only find the second one. Other than that he/she said to send them a copy of installation log, which I did but im still waiting. The waits been a few hours now so, I hope it works out, i prolly downloaded the game twice now. So my bandwidth getting hit hard.

Also to note if one were to delete the second or any of those files, you end up downloading from the start of Main Asset 1. My installation fails at Main Asset 17 and at 26-28 percent.
Hello! Deleting your files is no longer recommended. Please be sure to use the repair feature whenever possible as it will do a much more intelligent job of repairing the launcher.

Additionally, if you are experiencing patcher issues, could you please help us research these errors by letting us know your geographic location? Thank you!

Pseudolo
12.13.2011 , 09:39 AM | #78
Finally a response!
Everybody post their location!

I'm from Italy!

Gazzzenn
12.13.2011 , 09:42 AM | #79
from the uk here

i'll post the error i get from the event viewer when the client crashed at 2% of installing the main asset 17.

Faulting application name: launcher.exe_SWTOR Launcher, version: 3.1.7.0, time stamp: 0x4ec55d62
Faulting module name: patcher.dll, version: 3.1.7.0, time stamp: 0x4ec55d40
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000390e6
Faulting process id: 0x1190
Faulting application start time: 0x01ccb999df2d4869
Faulting application path: E:\program files (x86)\Star Wars-The Old Republic\launcher.exe
Faulting module path: E:\program files (x86)\Star Wars-The Old Republic\patch\patcher.dll
Report Id: 260cd8d3-258d-11e1-8897-00224d502861

zeox
12.13.2011 , 09:42 AM | #80
I'm from Norway and have a similar problem. Installing stops at 10% on installing Main Assets 17. Has been like this for atleast 10 minutes now, no error or anything.

Also, I installed it from DVDs