Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mobile Authenticator: iDevice ONLY?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Mobile Authenticator: iDevice ONLY?!

Superthrust
12.14.2011 , 10:08 PM | #1
Why, in ANY deities name, would you make only an iDevice app?

You know, android IS open source with little to no app restrictions? Seriously. Get with the picture. Not everyone are brainless iSheep.

I want the app now for the vendor, then when my collectors edition gets here, Ill use that.
CE N-VIP: We came, We saw, We Pre-ordered. We got Screwed.

The only thing i ask for this christmas, is my CE edition replaced since i was sent a broken one missing stuff

FessFish
12.14.2011 , 10:09 PM | #2
The iAPP does not work for anyone atm, because you have no CD key to register with it.

There is a droid app in the works as well, its just that Apple is weak sauce and iTunes leaked the new app.

/thread
HK-47: "Expletive: Damn it, master, I am an assassination droid... not a dictionary!"
DUBSTEP STEP - THAT - DUB DUBSTEP

Rulyen
12.14.2011 , 10:11 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Superthrust View Post
Why, in ANY deities name, would you make only an iDevice app?

You know, android IS open source with little to no app restrictions? Seriously. Get with the picture. Not everyone are brainless iSheep.

I want the app now for the vendor, then when my collectors edition gets here, Ill use that.
If you read the text in the HelpCenter, you will notice that apps for Android as well as Blackberrys are in the works, the iDevice app was just the first one release.

The chance for Androids having the app by launch is however, and regrettably, slim.
. Fear teh Beta Pixel!

Superthrust
12.14.2011 , 10:15 PM | #4
see, point still stands. they rushed the iAPP out first. And no, Itunes wasnt the only one who leaked it. It's the first thing that pops up when i open the SWTOR launcher.
CE N-VIP: We came, We saw, We Pre-ordered. We got Screwed.

The only thing i ask for this christmas, is my CE edition replaced since i was sent a broken one missing stuff

Othersider
12.14.2011 , 10:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by FessFish View Post
There is an android app in the works as well, its just that Apple is weak sauce and iTunes leaked the new app.
The authenticator page here says that's it's available now so I'm not sure if Apple leaked it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rulyen View Post
The chance for Androids having the app by launch is however, and regrettably, slim.
Do you have specifics as to why this is the case, or is this just speculation?

Rulyen
12.14.2011 , 10:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Othersider View Post
The authenticator page here says that's it's available now so I'm not sure if Apple leaked it.

Do you have specifics as to why this is the case, or is this just speculation?
Unfortunately I don't have that answer, Othersider. I'm only passing on the information that Rockjaw tweeted earlier today.
. Fear teh Beta Pixel!

Hollow_Man
12.14.2011 , 10:30 PM | #7
I was able to download it using iTunes on my PC and then sync/copy it to my iPhone. I then installed it on my account here at swtor.com. Even though I don't yet have Early Access, I can still login to the client (I simply get the "no valid subscription" message). It's definitely working, because if I type in the wrong code, I get the standard "incorrect password" type message instead.

-HM
"I see a Hollow Man, gun in hand, it points my way." - The Cult