Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was Palpatine ever approached by the Jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Was Palpatine ever approached by the Jedi?

BrandonSM
01.31.2012 , 06:34 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Silvaro View Post
I am about to buy the new Star Wars Book Darth Plagueis and did a little research on Wookieepedia to discovery the Palpatine may not have be approached by the Jedi Order to become a Jedi. I find this kind of odd the Palpatine being force-sensitive wouldn't have been brought the the Jedi Temple at a young age to be trained as a Jedi. I am hoping the book might shed some light on this but wanted to see if anyone here had any thoughts on this.
The Dark Side found him before the Jedi. And then Plageuis found him.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

ErikModi
01.31.2012 , 07:34 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadoeWrayth View Post
My question is why, when they were told that the Senate was under the power of the Sith Lord, did they not just mandate every member of the congress submit to a midichlorian scan... hmmm
Profiling much?

"Hey, you. . . you have a physiological difference from anyone else, you must be a traitor!"
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

ShadoeWrayth
01.31.2012 , 07:44 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikModi View Post
Profiling much?

"Hey, you. . . you have a physiological difference from anyone else, you must be a traitor!"
How is that profiling? lol...

It's no different than in Star Trek, having to cut themselves to prove they weren't changelings... If everyone in the senate goes through the test, they can go, "WOW!!!! WTH?!? I have NEVER seen someone with that high of a count!!" and thus know who the person is... It was already quite plainly told to us, the strength of a person is dependent upon their midichlorian count (I still disagree with the entire idea of midichlorians, but /sigh whatever, try to stick with Lucas as best as we can right?)