Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8 man vs 16 man, wth Bioware?

OfflineSys
01.31.2012 , 04:23 PM | #21
16 man just means you can afford to have more people who aren't pulling their own weight and still kill stuff. From my experience.

Nocadoj
01.31.2012 , 05:32 PM | #22
In my experience so far, there is a difference between 8 and 16 man raids.

The biggest difference is the trash. The actual encounters seem to have similar difficulty levels unless some of the people you are bringing to 16 man are not producing or as "skilled" as what is needed.

The only exception to this would be 16 man pylons due to not being able to just 2 shot the mobs like you can on 8 man.
Joda

Anthya
01.31.2012 , 05:44 PM | #23
Yeah, the trash is infinitely harder on 16 compared to 8.

Acri
01.31.2012 , 07:04 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by eNcFireWraith View Post
The loot is fine, the problem is that 8-man is quite a lot easier than 16-man. They need to make the difficulties more equivalent.
The loot is not fine. We got more Rakata gear on hardmode than we do in nightmare. In nightmare, we're lucky if we get anything that isn't exotech.

I've also noted from my experience that if you want the most gear per person and the best gear available, 8man hardmode will drop more/better loot than every other setting, including 16mans and nightmare.
WRATH
Acrimony & Win - Vulkar Highway
www.Wrath-Tor.com

Cepheid
01.31.2012 , 07:05 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Acri View Post
The loot is not fine. We got more Rakata gear on hardmode than we do in nightmare. In nightmare, we're lucky if we get anything that isn't exotech.

I've also noted from my experience that if you want the most gear per person and the best gear available, 8man hardmode will drop more/better loot than every other setting, including 16mans and nightmare.
^

Indeed. Nothing like a ******** of exotech gear for a NM clear.
"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops." - Stephen Jay Gould

Sytha
01.31.2012 , 07:10 PM | #26
I have never done an 8 or 16 man opp (I play alot of pvp) so just curious, if say 2 items drop from a boss on 8 man is it only 4 items drop on 16 man? (double players - double loot or does it drop like 5-6 bits of gear?)