BWahahhahahahaha Unintended Easter Egg?

MortisMortavius

More likely some copy paste fail from the devs...

I was doing some inspecting as to why my laptop was having really poor performance playing this game (in beta any way). So I decided to open up the NVIDIA control panel and what do I find?

The application is listed as:

Hamilton`s Great Adventure

(Yes backtick rather than apostrophe as well)

I should also note I have never installed Hamilton's Great Adventure but after a quick Google search:

Title: Hamilton's Great Adventure

Genre: Casual, Indie, Adventure

Developer: Fatshark

Publisher: Fatshark

Is someone from Fatshark working for Bioware? If so I bet they're the one who created the launcher ;)

Too funny!

More likely some copy paste fail from the devs...

I was doing some inspecting as to why my laptop was having really poor performance playing this game (in beta any way). So I decided to open up the NVIDIA control panel and what do I find?

The application is listed as:

Hamilton`s Great Adventure

(Yes backtick rather than apostrophe as well)

I should also note I have never installed Hamilton's Great Adventure but after a quick Google search:

Title: Hamilton's Great Adventure

Genre: Casual, Indie, Adventure

Developer: Fatshark

Publisher: Fatshark

Is someone from Fatshark working for Bioware? If so I bet they're the one who created the launcher ;)

Too funny!

Profiles listed in nvidia control are application presets the list for know games (by known i mean tested by nvidia, not what you have installed). The list is updated whenever you update the controller or drivers.

It is unrelated to Bioware , this game or EA in general.

hmm...well...

I checked my nVidia control panel, also used a hex editor to check inside the various exe's for TOR; and I don't see any of that info anywhere on my system.

Interesting, did you hex edit the launcher or the app itself? It could be that the information displayed in the control panel is compressed/encoded in some binary blob too... I know for a fact I've never installed that game.

Profiles listed in nvidia control are application presets the list for know games (by known i mean tested by nvidia, not what you have installed). The list is updated whenever you update the controller or drivers.

It is unrelated to Bioware , this game or EA in general.

Hmmm not sure I follow... maybe we're talking about two different things, I'll screenshot it.

Hmmm not sure I follow... maybe we're talking about two different things, I'll screenshot it.

No, you're talking about the same thing.

The "Title" of the app is not actually coming from the app, but from NVidia's control panel.

Your control panel is outdated, and is going... hm... this looks kind of like... THAT ONE!

Then tada! SWTOR misidentified as Diner Dash or w/e.

No, you're talking about the same thing.

The "Title" of the app is not actually coming from the app, but from NVidia's control panel.

Your control panel is outdated, and is going... hm... this looks kind of like... THAT ONE!

Then tada! SWTOR misidentified as Diner Dash or w/e.

Interesting so it sees "Laucher.exe" as Hamilton's Great Adventure ... it doesn't bother reading the app name ...

Pretty weak on NVIDIA's part then :p