Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do Fans turn Star Wars into Dragon Ball Z

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why do Fans turn Star Wars into Dragon Ball Z

RoadtoArkham
01.30.2012 , 09:39 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by JDTC View Post
i stopped taking the force seriously when it became canon that the force can turn samuel l jackson into an MMA demigod and allow him to punch an army of robots to death
I think the cartoon should be ousted from Canon, but that's just me. It was so clearly meant to appeal to small children.
Hail to the King, baby.

SDFX
01.30.2012 , 10:35 PM | #42
It's simple, really, OP. Gaming is a childish activity by its natures, as is the indulgence of speculative fiction. As such, it breeds the occasional bought of childish behavior and outburst of juvenile thought. It's a justification of what you like or a return to the argument of whose dad can beat up who in elementary school. There is nothing inherently wrong in this activity until it becomes leverage for a sense of some form of false personal superiority.

Rhyltran
01.31.2012 , 12:16 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Riggnas View Post
Why do we keep Saying? Jedi/Sith X can never beat Jedi/Sith Y because the forcepowers........yada yada yada Relics.......yada yada yada lightsaber form...............

In my personal experience in hand to hand combat. martial arts, combat sport. "Every dog has it's day." Provided there is a certain skill level and proper motivation.
In real life you don't go up against opponents that can foresee the future, move faster than the eye can see, or release wormholes capable of ripping through multiple planets at once.

There's two things that come to mind where characters have the power to do this.

DBZ and Star Wars.

Morticoccus
01.31.2012 , 12:51 PM | #44
Lightsider x will never be able to beat darksider y or vice versa unless the force is on his side, by using the force you're essentially allowing yourself to be its puppet soldier in its eternal war to equalize both sides.

Simple truth.
When all is said and done we're not the only ones who look at life this way: That's what the Sith lords say.
And if they'd ever change as that reminds to say. But every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun. If I thought that I was crazy well I guess I'd have more fun.

Mephet
01.31.2012 , 12:56 PM | #45
In Star Wars, it is all about destiny. That is, from my point of view, the entire point of the Force.

The Good guy wins because they were meant to. If they fail, likewise.

The paths are many, but there is a set destination. Anakin learned that the hard (read: immolated) way.

If a Certain jedi is meant to overthrow a certain sith, it doesn't really matter if he is that much more powerful. He will be overthrown.

Likewise, if a Sith is meant to, I don't know, bring the republic to its knees and end the jedi order, then he will.
"Peace is a lie"

Outkast
01.31.2012 , 01:40 PM | #46
Everyone seems to be talking like all jedi are godlike when in my memory there are only a handful of really powerful jedi and sith.. I mean didn't most of them die from clonetrooper fire quite easily at the end of ep 3 if my memory serves me correctly? why is this even up for a debate when you see how fast they can fall. the movie is long but takes maybe 5 min and there's only obi one, yoda, anakin and the emperor left as force users.

Wolfninjajedi
01.31.2012 , 05:51 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Outkast View Post
Everyone seems to be talking like all jedi are godlike when in my memory there are only a handful of really powerful jedi and sith.. I mean didn't most of them die from clonetrooper fire quite easily at the end of ep 3 if my memory serves me correctly? why is this even up for a debate when you see how fast they can fall. the movie is long but takes maybe 5 min and there's only obi one, yoda, anakin and the emperor left as force users.
Your also forgetting the ones that actually reacted fast enough and killed their clone troopers and got away and went into hiding.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.